Void elves can look like blood elves but not vise versa

But you won’t ever be a High Elf, Blood Elves are High Elves though visually and lore wise, you are a Void altered VE, I am glad you can take advantage of the RP tools.

1 Like

Wish we got the ear length though.

Minor issue though.

3 Likes

On that I agree :hugs:

1 Like

I think this sort of behaviour is why Thalyssra described the Alliance as “closed off”, tbh.

I do wish they’d delve a bit deeper on it. We’ve heard time and time again about the issues with the Horde’s philosophical outlook, but they never really talk about the issues with the Alliance’s. It always appears just off in the distance in the background.

2 Likes

Blood Elf = high elf
Void elf = void infused blood elf
Blood Elf = high elf
Void elf = void infused high elf

Blood Elves and void elves are stated to be flavors of high elf

Strawberry and chocolate are both flavors of ice creams

A red apple and a green apple are both still apples, and a tainted apple is still an apple, and a genetically modified apple is also still an apple.

5 Likes

I think the problem stems with the fact the model itself didn’t get any changes with the updates, and the belf model as an aesthetic is really generic to begin with. I don’t want to talk about culture or lore. We’re talking about models. You can dress your character up however you like so that’s not really part of the discussion.

I played around with the creator a bit, and you can’t use any of the new faces with the blue skintones, which means they weren’t given a few hours to be integrated with the void elf “model”. Hair is separate and can be used with any. I’m unsure if they got any new hair, but I could check the old article. This is why I call the new velf customization scraps.

I hear “visual uniqueness” and think void elf. Blood elf doesn’t spring to mind because it has always been the generic elf, alternate human, option in this game forever.

So when people say giving brown skintones to velves is breaking uniqueness, I think, well, are humans then taking that unique aesthetic as well? Are giving hair buns and long hair options taking those aesthetics away? They also gave blue eyes to night elves and zandalari, is that also encroaching on visual distinction?

The whole schtich of void elves is that they are blood elves (which makes them high elves) who infused themselves with the void. So I don’t really see the problem besides my own desire to see them get splattered with a can of liquid lovecraft.

4 Likes

To be quite honest I think most of the longer eared races need a ear length option not just Blood Elves and Night Elves.

Trolls, Ztrolls, Nightborne, Void Elves.

While they’re at it maybe just make an ear shape option for other races too…

Gods if wow delved into even a little of the supposed politicking in the Alliance I think some would find the Alliance almost entertaining again.

And if they’d expand our race selection with something a little more out there than another color and shape of human. lol (Draenei were a nice start and Worgen don’t hurt. We just need more I think.)

(oh uh… Fenelon by the way)

Yes BE is the generic elf that is the visual uniqueness / their visual theme , VEs unique theme is the Void hence why giving them non void options to copy the position BEs fulfill is the issue.

Do humans share the same exact Thalassian model?

1 Like

Eh. I’m cool with it.

If I get the short elf itch, I have a short elf paladin, two warlocks (one for each side), my baby warrior… And I’m THINKING about a redside DH, though TBH, I never really “got” demon hunter play. And red and blue have the same “RP tools” if you really need to rock the high elf feel!

1 Like

The side that has natural hair options are the actual playable High Elves hence why you have to keep asking though, which was my point the visuals and lore lie with the Blood Elves, but if RP tools suffice on VEs I am extremely happy for you but I do take issue with the request for more of the BE visual theme.

1 Like

I haven’t seen someone personify a language, but that would be really impressive. * slaps knee *

Not interested in blood elf stuff on blue, personally.

Would rather see blood elves get blood elf stuff. Like runic scarification, tattoos, better jewelry for both genders… Maybe felblood, san’layn customizations, some really FANCY elaborate hairdos, some really orcish looking ones… Some wretched looks… Maybe dark ranger customizations, at least for death knights…

But that’s just me!

4 Likes

So then you agree VEs shouldn’t have natural hair colors because the natural Generic Elf fantasy is the fantasy BEs fulfill.

1 Like

I consider this a personal attack.

That ship’s sailed. Persistent’s silver is more “high elf” than anything available on redside.

…I also am not sure I’d want to classify the blood elf fantasy as “Generic Elf”. I think they’re a tad more interesting than that.

3 Likes

Okay, fine. I will kidnap 3 blood elves for Blue.

I won’t say when. I won’t say who.

A bunch of dwarves. Not exactly the cavalry one would need to deal with the Scourge.

1. Onyxia was an entire thing and the armies of Stormwind were not even dealing with internal problems(like the Defias) much less external ones.

2. The few reinforcements being sent were sent to their own people. People who were barely holding on as it was against half a dozen threats not least of which was the Scourge.

Sorry I read that as blue stuff on blood elves nvm.

1 Like

The lore and visuals don’t agree with you but if you can really get into the RP tools good for you.

And again you don’t see how this poaches the BE visual theme?

“That ships sailed” and yet you’re still here asking for options that were intentionally left out of the compromise we see today

1 Like

No doubt, lorewise. I just think I’d have a hard time picking the blood elf out of a lineup if you put them next to several other elf races. Glowing eyes are about as unique, maybe eyebrows? They’re pretty small.

Just had a thought to echo that some orc or more Horde inspired hair might be in order for blood elves. They’ve been with the Horde long enough to pick up some do’s.

5 Likes