Void elves can look like blood elves but not vise versa

Look, blood elves got blue and purple eyes and void elves got normal skin tones. It was a fair and even trade.

Now I wouldn’t be against belves getting felblood options. It wouldn’t even be that hard and can be done with in-game assets taken from belf demon hunters. Just make them available to all belves. No effort required.

2 Likes

:joy:

blood elves never should have had to share for something that makes sense lore wise and is part of their heritage…of being a high elf

5 Likes

Those are all physical alterations. Void magic has been shown to make people hear voices as well.

Blue eyes for BEs is on par with what the visual theme is which is the HE theme something you don’t have nor should you have it’s a Horde core races theme.

You got RP tools which allows you to encroach on someone else’s visual theme, that is not “fair or even”.

5 Likes

:rofl: You may not like it but it was.

3 Likes

Going off your logic for a moment, with what we do know is that Blizzard spent time on discussing the blue eyes and non void skin tone trade, which means your lack of natural hair options was intentional which you are therefor declaring as fair and I agree you shouldn’t get those :hugs: they aren’t a part of your visual theme.

3 Likes

For now, I would agree until they change their mind.

3 Likes

They’ve always valued visual distinction and you think their going to change their mind after the huge impactful compromise they awarded you?

Moving forward I expect if you see more customization (assuming any of us do) it’ll be all void stuff :hugs: I just love that personally, I hope you enjoy your Void Elf, I know I enjoy my Blood Elves you know the playable race that actually delivers the High elven fantasy in both lore and visual theme

2 Likes

Although, I do think that hair color should get an RGB wheel that all races should have access to, you know, since dyes are a thing.

5 Likes

Nooo​:face_with_hand_over_mouth::upside_down_face: void elfs are my favorite race.

Except for that whole working with savage races and living in mud huts thing. I’m glad you enjoy your Blood elf. I just enjoy the High elf fantasy a little different than you.

2 Likes

You prefer the race who have been genetically altered and former BEs :hugs: no shame in that, I could never get into the Alliance vibe seeing as my favorite races lore and its people organically went Horde

2 Likes

So glad to read this because if you was you be a traitor two times over then allied with the people that tried to kill your people, tainted by void and seconded always to Humans.

3 Likes

Void elf and blood elf lore are intertwined. I could care less about what magic I use.

2 Likes

Some people prefer RP tools, others prefer the actual HEs and the lore and thats fine I agree!

Not anymore, you’ve taken a fork in the road, you don’t still uphold protecting Quelthalas for example because its not your home anymore, and you’re a danger to your former society’s most prized source of power.

Bit of a difference don’t you think then BEs who still actively honor their fallen kin, and still protect their homes they’ve rebuilt.

3 Likes

And what of the kin killed by the horde and scourge?

3 Likes

WC2 has been moved on from.

Idk if you noticed but High Elves faced a near apocalyptic end that effectively had them re evaluate who their allies were, considering the people they once had been at odds with held out a helping hand and their “allies” of old kicked them while they were down.

2 Likes

Last I checked the scourge isn’t part of Thrall’s Horde. And Thrall’s Horde isn’t the same as the Horde they battled in Warcraft 2.

4 Likes

I guess this is just where we have to disagree.

2 Likes

Logistically I’d argue that the lore reason would be that not every Void Elf was visually affected the same way. Since Void Elves already had variations in their appearance and skin tone, including whether they had tentacles or not, adding basic skin tones is just confirmation that some of them simply didn’t turn purple.

Which is to say that it makes a semblance of sense that some Void Elves didn’t turn purple, but it doesn’t make sense that any Blood Elves would turn purple. Encountering something that can change your appearance but not having it changed is very different from having an appearance that has no cause.

5 Likes