Void elves can look like blood elves but not vise versa

In hindsight I completely agree, if anything maybe a Half Elf with a model change severely would have been better.

The only thing moving forward that Blizzard should do is to maintain what visual distinction is left however. We’ve seen that hold up to current day to the degree that it has.

3 Likes

Obviously, high elves were a popular ask.

And Bliz, bless 'em, solicited feedback. (And kept sprinkling the damn things in in places a playable race could have been used).

At least elves are more fun to talk about then “please nerf moonkin”.

5 Likes

I really wanted a new model!

3 Likes

Would have been the better angle that allowed VEs to be VEs.

And a half elf model change seems justified to look different enough, taps into the same fantasy I feel like while not at least in my eyes being contentious like additions to VEs are.

2 Likes

It would have been nice, plus Blood Elves wouldn’t have ever had to share any of our customizations with Void Elves given Night Elves don’t share any of theirs with Nightborne.

2 Likes

A new model would have been better than a copy paste.

Though Nightborn do give that a bit of a monkey paw aspect. And I still would bet a very shiny quarter that the only reason void elves got stuff early is that it was a simple copy paste with new underoos.

4 Likes

I agree a new model would have been better then a complete copy paste.

Now back to Void elf Voidy customizations, I say why stop at just putting a mouth in the stomach.

Just so you know I kind of picture a frog like tongue shooting from that eye and snatching some unsuspecting fly out of mid air and devouring it.

(oops this was meant for the velf voidy customization thread but I will just leave it here. I forgot I had this thread opened on my computer and the other opened on my tablet and reversed them.)

4 Likes

I can’t keep the threads seperate… but I will take the opportunity to once again complain that the voidy void elf options are WEAK on the cosmic horror aspect of 'em.

1 Like

It becomes even worse when you have multiple threads opened on different devices. Then you accidentally answer a post from one thread in the wrong thread.

2 Likes

Ah I am mistaken, probably thinking of when tail options were datamined on a draenei using LFD skin. But the other races’ tweaks are still true.

1 Like

There was “constant whining” (as you put it) before Ion made his infamous “if you wanna play a blue eyed tall blonde elf, go horde” statement.

It’s not as if the request for High Elves as their own AR somehow changed after that statement, everyone asking didn’t suddenly pivot to ‘let’s use Void Elves as an outlet’ other than a few.

I don’t think either of us can really pinpoint what exactly may have changed Blizzard’s tone about it, I merely am stating once they internally decided that both VE and BE would get ‘high elf customization’ they offered it to both right away because needlessly holding one back when both models work exactly the same would’ve been unnecessary.

Which is why I pointed out other race examples where features of one AR/parent race got immediately ported to the other at the same time.

5 Likes

And you don’t see how this statement still stands while greatly compromising in your favor?

You expect for them to disregard BE fans and visual distinction advocates to completely do away with this statement that in essence still stands?

They gave you what they gave you and left visual distinction in place, we know they talked about the options when they decided to add them because they told us as such and you have no hair to show for it.

The core of the statement is still true the generic elf fantasy resides horde. Enjoy your RP tools :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

If I was to wager a guess, it’s probably because Lightforged tails have 3D assets, with the jewelry. Might make things more complicated than a dye job on underoos and a skintone 1:1 port.

Maybe there was clipping or something.

One of the most complicated parts of my Lightforged priest was finding lowrise pants on the male model so they wouldn’t awkwardly clip through his tail jewelry. Even the heritage armor does…

2 Likes

Well I mean Ion also included “tall” in that meme and I don’t consider Thalassians “tall” by any measure compared to the majority of playable races. :sweat_smile:

`https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/bmyqgr/player_model_height_chart_exact_heights_up_to/`

I wouldn’t go as far as to say “see they didn’t add it then so it’s done and over with” because Allied Races customization updates are said to come later. I already went over why certain AR models got ‘updates’ while some didn’t so I don’t think I have to repeat that again.

4 Likes

I’m fed up with factions damaging the game by creating a toxic player base. What do you expect to happen with things that have already been availed? What use is there in complaining about the past? Look to the future if you want to do anything productive.

1 Like

It is a bit silly that they only have like a couple of hair colors.

1 Like

Does it concern anyone that they are making necklaces customization options rather than visible transmog? I find it an odd choice. I guess it doesn’t necessarily preclude the addition of visible neck pieces. Especially with the precedent of bracers gear models and belf bracer character customizations clashing.

This right here!

Atleast that Void Elves could atleast be having is the Silver Covenant Options and other things that is High Elven. Why is it so hard for people to not get or understand or just basically anything else?

as a Roman your Latin offends me and my people