Void elves can look like blood elves but not vise versa

Void Elves can look like Blood Elves because canonically with people like Alleria look just like their old selves, only in combat they go super-saiyan with void powers sometimes. Also canonically all the void elves were exiled (AFAIK) and therefore cannot be Horde affiliated.

So to be clear void elves and blood elves and high elves are a single people. They’re different in the same way southern and northern Italians are different. Void elves are just void empowered high elves and blood elves (who are themselves merely Horde affiliated high elves 99% of whom got somewhat fel tainted due to Kael’thas encouraging that but even that is receding). So of course they can look like blood elves who themselves have the look of high elves (not presently a playable race). What doesn’t make sense is the inability for void elves to have say blonde hair like Alleria. Which is purely a dev decision to spite the high elf desiring playerbase portion and arbitrary.

Personally I think the whole idea is silly and void elves were a way to backstab the community who wanted High Elves since forever so they can claim they couldn’t possibly give alliance another elf race.

Also personally I think the dev’s reasoning and logic are garbage so sure why not, they should allow blood elves void customization. IMO though at this point factions are holding the game back and eliminating them as a hard and fast thing would allow you to have what you propose in a different kind of way. Because I am all for player choice and tired of senseless artificial constraints put on by micro-managing devs who can’t write decent or compelling stories anyways yet find time to concoct contrived, often circular logic reasons for their arbitrary, petty decisions.

1 Like

Player character VEs aren’t Alleria.

You have RP tools I hope you enjoy, Blood Elves are High Elves and the actual options to be a HE are over there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I couldn’t care less. I don’t care about high elves also. I just wanted to point out the hypocrisy, cause i see the same people denying gereric elf customisations for void elves, asking for goth elf stuff for the horde. Ask for light and fel customisations, if you guys want to keep the distinction.

2 Likes

No hypocrisy here. I want more void stuff for velfs and belves got plenty of customization in SL. Giving void elves the belf scraps was a mistake, and it’s a shame Blizzard is not giving allied races a customization update this expansion.

Especially when you have a few that really need it.

1 Like

Right. Agreed. More void stuff for void elves, light and fel stuff for blood elves. Horde keep gereric elf theme, alliance keep goth elf theme.

1 Like

Goth isn’t a theme and I’m done debating it/repeating the obvious people choose to ignore. Hilarious that people keep jumping to that while ignoring reality and lore of the situation. I’m muting this thread now. Void elves =/= undead, and Lightforged elves aren’t a thing.

8 Likes

What is goth elf stuff?

Yea no. Giving Lighter and Black Skin Tunes to Void Elves was a not mistake. I say it was good thing giving the fact that this is what people wanted all the along. Actually High Elves on the Alliance.

Hmm yea there needs to be more than just oh hey look RP Tools that is only Skin Tunes and Eye Colors. Wait no Hair Colors, Nice Normal looking Hair and etc? Yea if people want to look like Warcraft 2 Rangers. Let them.

Hmm yea I think the Alliance should actually have more of so called Generic Elf stuff since it is part of the Alliance since Warcraft 2 and 3 Human Race. If there’s one race that really needs the Goth Theme or Dark Theme it should be Blood Elves since when was the last time we ever had Dark Rangers and San’layn on the Blood Elves? People right now tried of rping as Death Knights and want to be a San’layn Hunter, Mage, Rogue, and Etc for once.

If Dark Trolls can be a thing and Wildhammer Dwarves why not San’layn and Dark Rangers for the Horde?

2 Likes

Void Elves are not High Elves and people need to stop pretending that they are. They need more Void customizations, not High Elf customizations.

4 Likes

Blizzard has referred to both Void Elves and Blood Elves as flavors of High Elf.
If you’re going to deny that and claim Void Elves aren’t High Elves, then stop claiming that Blood Elves are High Elves.
Being infused with Void didn’t change their species to the point of them no longer being High Elf.

They need both.

The only “valid” argument the anti-side has is in the case of visual distinction.
The lore doesn’t agree with them, but at least a FEW on the anti-side have made it clear in the past that they are purposefully ignoring the lore and only care about upholding visual distinction.

4 Likes

According to game director Ion Hazzikostas:

Blood Elves are pretty much High Elves… Void Elves are also pretty much another flavor of High Elves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BsxB4NJIBs

So word of god says Void Elves are High Elves. :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Guess you missed their intro scenario

1 Like

And the other quote from him saying that if you want to play a normal elf with normal skintone and normal hair the Horde is waiting for you.

2 Likes

full quote for context:

high elves? spoilers guys, blood elves? pretty much high elves. void elves? pretty much another flavor of high elf

void elves are not a pure high elf(blood elf) and never will be :raised_hands:

4 Likes

I like how blood elves are restrained by void elves but blood elf stuff is up for grabs.

1 Like

Well that quote came earlier than the quote I posted. And as Garrosh said and the new skin tones on Void Elves proves: Times Change

3 Likes

And yet it still holds true doesn’t it because the true playable High Elves are Horde where they have always been with natural hair colors and all

1 Like

And I hope you take comfort in that if Void Elves get a few natural hair colors :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I would honestly take better comfort with VE being their own thing and another race take the mantle of the HE story, like half elves.

1 Like

Not really, the whole reason Void Elves got normal skintones was because they gave us the blue eyes to complete the High Elven look, it was more of a way to pacify Alliance so they didn’t feel left out but in reality they shouldn’t have given anything because Void Elves aren’t Blood Elves we are.

3 Likes