Void elves can look like blood elves but not vise versa

Well Blood Knights are the Blood Elf Paladins. They do have their own slightly separate identity. It’s why my guy has a red and black mog.

1 Like

Yeah, I know. But there are some of whom think it is just Paladins, but they’re not. In game, giving them more options to show off that Blood Knight identity sounds like a really cool idea for the Blood Elves in terms of customisations.

I was pretty much thinking the same thing. More people might actually create these characters if they actually looked like decent model + skeleton. It was one of the most vocal complaints about the Nightborne.

I’m not entirely sure how lack of options hurt Zandalari. I’ve never created one. I know they have more going for them due to the Druid class. I am unaware of how many customization they have, but tbh I think they look pretty good in armors. Which can’t be said for other races. Including Nightborne to me.

A lot of races are lacking in quite a bit of customization…

5 Likes

It’s funny. They did it notoriously and nothing mattered at the end. Because their pursuing endeavors made the high elf community stronger by supporting it. And everyone was happy they failed.

Like “King Joffrey”. Tried to do things notoriously and being obnoxious. Died and no one cared. Everyone was happy “he” died.

Still waiting for Blood Elves to get a real customization pass.

8 Likes

I made a thread talking about getting half elves instead of blood elf customizations on VE.

If interested in talking about half elves here is a link to the thread;

Yea that definitely sucks that no ones listening because everyone is wanting new stuff but blizz has had it on the backburner which is unfortunate. I’ve been saying for ages blood elves should have fel/dark ranger/sunwell/farstrider options and it sucks they’ve never gotten anything along those lines.

But just because void elves are getting some blood elf options doesn’t mean they’re being “taken” from you, it just means both races need additional options to make each of them distinct (which I 100% would like to see happen more). This should also be the case for a lot of the allied races that are just slightly different versions of other races.

3 Likes

It feels like it because no other race has had to watch another race on the opposite faction constantly have their options grandfathered in. I bring this up all the time, but not even the night elves had to deal with that because the nightborne have a minor, yet noticeable model edit involving the animations of their idle poses, their stance and their silhouette, all of which makes them much easier to tell from night elves. I would be infinitely less pissed involving this situation if void elves had received the same treatment involving making sure there was a difference.

But now there isn’t. And that feels terrible. It feels like my options are being taken from me because the idea of my character being unique continues to die over and over again. And further, regarding allied races and parent races sharing options, no other race has had their parent races so thoroughly mugged for options and even if they were, they’re on the same faction, so at least faction identity still means something.

This whole thing has been handled awfuly from start to finish and void elves continue to have all their customization wants handed to them and the other races are sitting here waiting for their turn. And it feels like Blizzard’s just too busy appealing to the high elf community to listen to anyone else.

12 Likes

None of how they added void elves makes sense. Blood Elves that were studying void. They got mutated by the void and wield it now. They can’t be near Silvermoon because of the Lightwell, so they find a home with the Alliance.

The Alliance that is suppose to be looked at as the good faction. The one who was about light and had the first Paladins.

I don’t get how the light hates void elves, and Blizzard added Lightforged Drenai also. How do those two groups even stand each other?

How in the future when there probably will be a light vs void expac does it work? How could they introduce a void style class to the Horde with the whole backstory of Void Elves not being allowed because of the Sunwell. If it’s “Oh they just won’t visit the city.”

Couldn’t that just have been what the Horde allowed for the void elves!? I guess that means no void style class? We have light wielding Paladins. Would be cool to have a void style class, but because of this it shouldn’t work.

The only difference between Void Elves and Blood Elves after they get 5 natural hair colors is the hair styles, the crappy hardly seen through xmog jewelry and green/gold eye color.

Blizzard should at least change the standing stance of void elves. Gives them a different style jump animation. Nightborne don’t have the Night Elves jump flip or stance.

Something needs to be done to make them different. I could care less anymore about them wanting their High Elves fantasy, but at least make them different in a lot of other ways.

Also, Blood Elves really do need a second option. Void Elves will now have way more to switch around with. Play as a blueberry or a Blood Elf look alike.

8 Likes

I think the sad part is we’re on the third patch of customizations for VOID Elves that has nothing to do with Void… that’d be like 3 patch passes to just give HMT: regular horns, regular Tauren skin colors/patterns, and eye colors…

I sincerely HOPE HMT, LF, and Nightborne aren’t treated as poorly…

10 Likes

Yeah…Akagu seems super confused and salty.

2 Likes

Whoa there miss, not all of us VE fans wanted to look like BE’s. Only the fringe part of the HE pro crowd did. It hurts us VE folk just as much it does you.

2 Likes

I get that, I’m a void elf fan too, but I meant the void elves just wanting helf lite.

I’m like 90% sure Void Elves only exist because of us ‘FriNge GrOUp of HE prO CrowD’ wanted HEs to begin with. I’ve been away for, like, what, a year now? And you guys are still here with the sole argument against a High Elven aesthetic for Velves being "no i don’t want it’. Damn.

5 Likes

See this is why i don’t like these discussions because that simply isn’t true. Atm we only have 5 hair colors. Yes we asked for that but literally every race is asking for more hair styles/colors (as they should).

What VE players really wanted was more was ways to either be properly high elven, have ways to be a lot more void influenced and more generic blood elf jewlry/options. I never asked to be given all of the BE skin/hair colours only the ones that make sense.

Yes I do agree though this has all been done rather poorly. I would’ve liked to see BE’s also just get their own options immediately like farstrider/dark ranger/sunwell themed options to balence it out and/or VE getting their own models/animations.

5 Likes

Every situation which the void elves could have been made an exception? They were. The void elves were given all of the blood elf skin tones in a time that was meant to be a focus on the core races where Blizzard themselves outright stated that the AR’s had been done for a bit and it was time to give the core races some love. The void elves were made an exception and grandfathered in all of the blood elf options involving skin tones and the new eye colors.

Now we have another patch where Blizzard states the intention behind the customization pass, that being to focus on LFD and NB because they desperately need it. And void elves, in droves, made posts upon posts about them. They couldn’t even let the people who desperately need the customization help have a day where Blizzard would let it be about someone else. The high elf crowd came in and began screaming “mememememe!” all over again and Blizzard made them an exception again. That’s not right.

12 Likes

shad how dare you not comply and surrender your characters visual uniqueness in a faction based mmo after investing who knows how many years into your blood elf

1 Like

On the topic of that? Shadina’s 14 years old. I made her when I was 17, and I’m 31 now. I even have art of her.

Yes. This bugs me.

At the bare minimum Blood Elves should receive some defining characteristics and options that would make them feel unique.

Warpaint tattoos
Runic Tattoos
Magister Tattoos
Hairstyles and colors
Beards
Mana Orb jewelry for both male and female
Scars
Make up separate eye shadow, eyeliners, blush, lips
Freckles
Beauty Marks
Feathers in hair

I mean this is bare minimum of just off the cuff. Most of this doesn’t even require building new 3D-objects to mount onto the existing frame. A lot of this is just texture layered onto existing options. Literal bare minimum of work. Scars, makeup, tattoos, and beauty marks could be implemented so easily.

11 Likes

I think it’s fine VE got some customizations the first time because other allied races did as well and they were honestly needed. It was seriously sub par.

However I didn’t realize this time they added the VE in after people started complaining, that really isn’t fair and I agree I think other races do need more help. For example I am SUPER happy my LF are finally getting some changes as there were sorely needed.

In the scheme of things I don’t really think it matters as I will always say yes to any race getting customizations/more options. I think it does suck that VE are getting more options simply because people complained though when I do agree where core races need more help first.