Void Elves are still Void Elves

The same day Ion became lead dev I believe. Oh wait… Nevermind.

Alleria did one, and it is not repeatable.

We do not have an army of Void naaru for player Void elves to absorb.

Our playable Void elves did another, they were in a void-accident, we saw it happen.

These are mutually exclusive, we as void elves don’t get to pretend our RP head canons coincide with an established story, we are not like Alleria, she is a special case.

And as was discussed at length in this thread, if light skinned void elves become more popular than blue skinned void elves, that just means void elves should have had more customization from the start, like void elf fans were asking for from the beginning.

If they were looking for what would have been most popular on Alliance, it should have been obvious that adding high elves would have been more popular than adding a new kind of elf - and no void lore would have been necessary.

To the extent that allied races were being recruited to help the faction war effort, though, it made sense to be recruiting neutrals or opposite faction, since people on the same faction were already on the same faction.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree those were two separate events.

Was it implied that Umbric could never learn to alter his form in any way?

Some people are saying that something like that was datamined. Idk if that’s for sure though. Hopefully it’s true.

The WoWPedia cites published works, developer tweets, interviews, and in-game sources whenever possible. No one’s talking about changing storylines, they’re talking about pinpointing where in lore things like whether or not Alleria is a Void Elf can be answered.

It’s really dumb to be trying to discard WoWPedia.

It is implied that void infusion is like a curse, if given the time that Alleria had with Void training, relative to 500 to 1000 years, then sure, I can believe our Void Elves could somehow “un-void” themselves.

Alleria is a void elf, but she is not a void elf in the way our player void elves are, she is a special case.

Just… like almost every major Wow source does? Ever take a look at Wowhead, Wowdb, Bellulargaming, or Taliesin and Evitel? This is irrelevant to say at the very least.

What to know what all these WoW websites and youtubers share in common? They extract all their source material from Blizzard Entertainment. So, no I am exclusively going to take Blizzard Entertainment official response, rather than another random WoW website. Thank you.

When you said ‘un-void’, are you talking about just toggling the appearance or severing the connection to the void for good? I don’t presume that Alleria can ever ‘cleanse’ herself of her void infusion, even if she can mask it.

All of these things and WoWpedia draw their info from Blizzard Entertainment. The WoWpedia just organizes it all in a very convenient online encyclopedia format that people can edit, update, or streamline with citations from Blizzard themselves.

If you have an issue with something the page says, go find the source that corrects it and edit the page. Otherwise what are you arguing about?

I hope it could happen. Then we can be who ever we really want to be.

For example, Humans could say, “Human of Stormwind” or any other kingdom. Or Dwarves could be “Bronzebeard Dwarves” or “Wildhammer Dwarves”. Or Void Elves can be “Void Elves” or “High Elves”.

1 Like

Toggling the appearance, I don’t believe she can either.

I’m pretty sure all of these new customizations are suppose to reflect WoW’s lore. Wasn’t there an interview with one of the artists where they claimed they had to ask to include all of these new options?

Maybe we’ll get new lore for this? The High Elves might not be able to recreate the ritual, but this could just be a side effect from their studies? Their normal skin colours would kind of suggest they’re not as afflicted with the Void as the original Blood Elves.

Is it possible that the time it takes to figure it out isn’t necessarily the time it takes to teach others?

Exactly, now go back to here.

And it is also not repeatable.

And we saw both ways happen.

There is some commonality. Both involve void absorption. I’d assume some sort of void absorption is part of the training in Telogrus, in order to create new void elves. I’d also assume it’s not a lot of void absorption, given how relatively wimpy the void elf racial is for player characters.

Well you’re living up to your guild tag, because you’re being obtuse for literally no reason.

Oh, the unnecessary rhetoric. I thought we were up for a solid conversation. :roll_eyes:

I literally don’t know what point you’re making, what you agree with, and what you don’t agree with.

I can’t tell if you understand that the WoWpedia cites official lore or if you’re still saying it’s invalid. Feel free to clarify.

1 Like

100% agreed.

1 Like

That’s essentially what’s being eluded to, our Alliance High Elves are the one studying under the Void elves, not to be infused like traditional Void Elves, but to use the Void.

That explains “regular skin tone” options.

Unless they greatly expand the Void Elf story and say otherwise in regards to “true” Void elves, it’s logical to assume these options are our High Elves.

3 Likes