Void Elves are still Void Elves

Not even remotely, which is why I’m in favor for more High Elf customizations to add in top of what was already datamined.

It’s a shame the avenue has to be through Void Elves but what else is to be done if this is “their answer”, keep asking for honest to god High Elves?

As of now, it’s too early for that, it seems like a wait and see situation.

I promise you that the Void elf voice is less vocal than the demand for High Elves as a whole, if the demand for High Elves wasn’t there, there wouldn’t be Void Elves.

I would be more on your side if Void elves were anything other than “a void niche”, because even to this day, in an old god expansion, they have had 0 development.

And they’re most likely going to, but if they shift more towards having more High Elf aesthetics than Void Elf aesthetics, you were told why.

Seems like not even Blizzard knows what their group of High Elves that they continue to show, is. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

(It did the thing were I ran out of posts for the day as Zareem)

Like it’s so weird. “Hey, can we use your race to rp our race since our race isn’t really playable?”

Sure no problem at all.

“Cool…but since they won’t give us the race we want, we’re going to push for them to just turn your race into the one we want to play”

Oh…ok cool. Cool cool cool.

Be as vocal as you want. Maybe it is a lost cause, but I’m still not going to give up. Blizzard gave you guys some options that’s all, and until that changes. I’ll keep up the idea that more than a few of us want void elves and not just high elves.

Wildhammer dwarves are still bronzebeard dwarves, and yet i am happy with it

I do like that just a couple of hours ago, you Cez were on here telling everyone “No, all we want is options. We don’t want to negate the void elfs” and now your literally like “Eh, to heck with them. No one cares about the void elves or their fans.”

Like I got whiplash

You get that this is essentially what Blizzard has done correct?

Listen dude, you do you, I’m happy that someone found joy in a race with 0 story.

But you don’t get to tell High Elf fans that they don’t get to ask for more High Elf customization options just because they’re unfortunately glued to your favorite race.

In a contest between a race with honest to god backstory in WoW like High Elves and a race that was introduced for the sole purpose of trying to give High Elves, it’s obvious which one comes out on top in this situation, as crappy as that is.

1 Like

Then ask them to add it to; Instead of of complaining about VE we can instead suggest race diversity in the playable army of the light!

We do not have to delete the void elf race just cause you want to pretend them as HE’s

You seem to keep reading over the part where I said, you have every right to keep asking. Just as I have every right to ask for void elves to stay where they are.

I’m getting tired of writing out that I’m hoping you guys get high elves and that I don’t think you should stop asking for what you want, but if you’re going to keep strawmanning me…what’s the point of having this discussion.

1. No elf is my favorite when KTs exist. (and worgen followed by mechagnomes followed by pandaran followed by vulpera then orc then dwarf)
  1. Sorry, I respect your opinion, but it is an opinion. It’s my opinion that ves are infinitely more interesting because they haven’t been explored yet. Yea, they need fleshing out, but at least they have somewhere to go. Hes are fantasy standard, and I’m glad you like them, but I find them really boring.

No, sorry.

In that scenario which you quoted, it is not an opinion, it is fact that High Elves have infinitely more story in World of Warcraft when compared to Void Elves, High Elves in the Alliance have been around in Alliance stories and quests since Vanilla.

Void Elves were introduced 2 years ago and have done nothing since. They are a niche with no history that’s about it.

It is only natural to expect more people to favor the race that is more popular and has more history and lore in WoW, High Elves do, Void Elves do not, this is fact.

Me favoring High Elves over Void Elves is an opinion.

This is an opinion.

The overall popularity between High Elves and Void Elves, favoring High Elves is not an opinion.

1 Like

But making HE take ove the VE theme is not a must or should. There is a thousand ways to do this right and this is not it.

You’re absolutely right.

That doesn’t mean that Blizzard is thinking the same, if they think this is our High Elf option, what other choice do high elf fans have than to make it our option.

I wished we lived in a world where Blizzard didn’t make this mistake in the first place, and it completely and utterly sucks for the people who became fond of Void Elves, but it also can’t be ignored that Void Elves were not expanded enough to have an overwhelming following like High Elves have had, and for a lot longer.

As harsh as this is to say, it could be possible that Blizzard sees Void elves as the sacrificial goat to make this happen. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Just because it’s, on here, the majority opinion doesn’t mean it’s not an opinion.

I have just as much right to ask for void elves to stay the same as you or anyone else has to ask for them become high elves

This right here. stop, your rewarding blizz on taking the lazy way out. It will lead to a precedent to allow blizz to give less and less things in the future. If they do this now, what’s to say in the future where they call a single zone expansion worthy? one dungeon the only content in an expansion? What’s to stop it? Or even copy pasting favorite dungeons into new ones and say pretend it’s a new dungeon?

NO, I’m a pure elf.

You’re really not understanding what is being told to you.

This.

Isn’t an opinion, understand?

It is literally, impossible for Void Elves to be as popular or more popular than High Elves have been, Void Elves weren’t requested for 15+ years, no one even knew Void Elves existed till 2 years ago.

It is fact, that High Elves are more popular than Void Elves.

Especially in this scenario, where Void Elves haven’t even been expanded in the 2 years players have had them. This isn’t an opinion, i’m sorry dude.

An opinion is this: I, personally think High Elves are more interesting than Void Elves.

You most certainly do, but like I’ve been trying to explain to you, the outcry to keep Void Elves the same, is not even remotely as big as the outcry for playable High Elves that has been for the past 15+ years.

Not even remotely, i’m heavily criticizing this decision as being the absolute worst way to implement High Elves, but i’m also thinking realistically.

I can’t see Blizzard officially adding these customization options to Void Elves in Shadowlands AND adding a separate and differentiated High Elf AR to the Alliance later down the road, it seems like the most unlikely scenario.

I never said that wasn’t fact. Reread what I wrote. I said that, even if it is the popular opinion, thinking that the helves are better is an opinion. That’s all.

Up until like two days ago, if you were told that high elves not becoming a playable race was the popular vote (not saying its true. Just hypothetically), would this stop you from still asking for the race to be playable?

This isn’t a sentence.

sorry. typing during combat. I mean if you were told that high elves not becoming a playable race… etc.

Edited to make more sense.

I think Blizzard realizes that nonvoid Alliance high elves are sufficient to drive an entire expansion, and they don’t want to use up the concept without extracting maximum value from it.

Really they should schedule 10.x right now as the Alliance high elf versus Horde manari eredar expansion.

The thing with this scenario is that it isn’t based in concrete lore like High Elves actually are.

The only reason I became a High Elf AR fan was because, High Elves were an obvious and popular choice for the Alliance based in actual, in-game lore, they already had a foundation.

You’re asking a what if that isn’t realistic.

I did mention that it was a hypothetical… Please read my full posts.

It’s a comparison. To explain why I’m not going to just be quiet on the fact that I want void elves to stay void elves.

Also, high elves have good foundation, but void elves have lots of potential.

Also also, high elves may be the most popular vote between the two. But I think between those who don’t want high elves because of blood elves, those who don’t want high elves because of spite, those who want void elves to stay, those who want high elves and void elves, and those who want high elves but are just okay with the extra customization options: I don’t think the popular vote has as wide a margin as you think it does.

1 Like