Void elves and blood elves need something to set them apart from eachother

I prefer the kul’tiran color anyways for void elves, it’s more cool than warm which fits their theme better.

4 Likes

I like it for the same reason and also because it keeps some distinction between Blood Elves and Void Elves while still finishing off the High Elf aesthetic. It also adds a white and black option which would work for the Void Elf aesthetic.

1 Like

Are you saying that, despite the fact that the opposite faction members names show up as red, yellow, or orange, you still cant tell them apart? How can you tell a Tauren and a Draenei paladin apart if the are both in full pally armor?

1 Like

It looks really good, and like you said, the main concern of distinguishing void elves from blood elves is addressed. They are both natural looking, but not identical.

1 Like

I dont mean to be rude but thats a pretty disingenuous argument youre making.
You know that’s not the issue that they are rasing.

Dude, I was making a point saying that void elves and blood elves look very similar. We have no need of your snarky comments here.

1 Like

Unfortunately, people have raised that argument before in high elf/void elf threads.

im confused
Hers or mine?

The argument that if they look identical, how can they be able to distinguish faction. And then people argue Pandaren. And then they argue pandas were a mistake. And then it goes back and forth for an hour. (Elf drama)

1 Like

But no one here was making the argument of not being able to tell them apart in a fight

All I’m saying is I see where the previous poster is coming from.

I really don’t like the ‘light’ ideas for blood elves. If anything, I would hope there’d be arcane themes. Ever since they added golden eyes, that’s all people seem to be on about. (I know it’s just an idea! I’m just sharing my opinion on it as all, it’s just not something as a blood elf player I would be even remotely interested in or using. Might as well be lightforged draenei at this point.) Just seems like some Alliance fantasy or something, and blood elves just… lost what made them interesting. I really would prefer not being pushed even more to the ‘light’.

Arcane tattoos in general or something are neat. I’d actually use the crystal hair, though I wouldn’t want it turned into the hair, personally. It’s just… too much. I’d rather have something like what night elves got–they can have leaves in the hair, how about overlays like crystals? Heck, I hate the jewelry blood elves are getting, but if we got hair jewelry, I might actually wear it. It wouldn’t (hopefully) be clunky and it’d actually look distinct and creative as opposed to some badly thought out armor additions.

Finally, Arcane tattoos and scars. That would be lovely. Dark Range customization too, for a different flavor of elf, like how trolls get different flavors repp’d in theirs too, whereas blood elves just seem to have one theme. (Well, two, that the Alliance shares now.)

Again, these are just my opinions is all!

8 Likes

I believe I said this

And they took it as a “I’m to dumb to look at the nametags”

2 Likes

Farstrider ranger tattoos and battle scars for blood elves would be a dream come true for me. These people survived the scourge invasion and sunwell’s destruction, they should have some scars to show it.

3 Likes

So much this. I’d love that, yeah I have no idea why we don’t get scars. I want to look fierce, not like I hang out in the stupid city all day. I’m using a net total of 0 of the ‘options’ added in myself.

4 Likes

Agreed, I feel like the jewelry only really applies to a regal caster theme and doesn’t encompass anything other than that in blood elf society.

3 Likes

(Observation): To be fair I don’t see that argument being used in reverse. “Now that Blood Elves have blue eyes they can slip right in to the ranks of the countless blue-eyed High Elves.”

2 Likes

I have to ask… with the proliferation of DK hair colors to all classes of Blood Elf now, colors that, while not identical shades of Void Elf hair colors, are certainly far removed from the human spectrum of hair colors, does that mean Void Elves shouldn’t get colors like those too? Even though they are somewhat saturated shades of blue?

What about black and white? Blood Elves have shades of black and that silvery white from DK’s coming in pre-patch. Does that mean Void Elves can no longer ask for black or white hair colors?

What about that deep dark purple hair color Blood Elves are getting? Does that mean Void Elves can’t ask for any more shades of purple hair?

I’m not trying to be snarky here. I’m trying to illustrate the point that, I don’t feel that it’s fair to hold what Void Elves should or should not get, hostage based on what Bloods Elves already have or are getting in Shadowlands.

That’s not saying I think Void Elves should just get all the Blood Elf hair colors and styles. I am on record as saying that’s precisely not what I want. But saying that Void Elves can never have any shade of blonde, even if its different from any of the shades of blonde Blood Elves have, is hardly fair.

1 Like

I’m ok that we can disagree without animosity. :hugs:
I realized that the haircolors Void Elves get would probably just be what Blood Elves have now, if they get any other from other races I’m doubting it will make them look much different than Blood Elves.
Just a guess.

1 Like

On top of that, male blood elves didn’t get jewelry or anything like that. It’s such a bummer, the scars and ranger/runic tattoos would look amazing on them! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes