Void elves and blood elves need something to set them apart from eachother

Ever since Blizzard started mix-and-matching belves and void elves, we have sort of forgotten the roots of the races. Now, a void elf made to look like a high elf could slip right in to the ranks of the countless blue eyed belves. We need something that is special to each race, something that would never be given to the opposite elf race. Skin and eye color customizations are there, but hair color has been neglected for these two races. So I suggest this.

Pure void hair for void elves

Pretend you have never ever seen a void elf, but you know what the Void is. What do you picture? I dunno about you, but I? I see an elf with dark purple skin, glowing purple, black, and white eyes, and hair that is like looking into a galaxy: all of the stars and the blacks and purples. I do not prepose they add those skin and eye colors, I like my blueberry elf skin, but what I do want is the hair. It would be so cool.

All tentacle hair for void elves

I really want to put the void in void elves with this one. For someone who is going all out void rp, this would be perfect, because, what’s more voidy than purple tentacles?

Flowing Light hair for blood elves

The Light of the Sunwell plays a very important role in blood elf lore and culture. What better way to express this than to add hair that literally looks like liquid light, falling down the back in waves? There is currently a void elf blonde argument going on, and this would be a way for Light enthusiasts to, literally, shine.

Blood elf crystal hair

Blood elves really love their red, green and gold crystals. But sadly, that is hardly reflected in their hairstyles and never in their hair colors. This hair color would turn the hair into miniscule golden and red crystals, and that would be the hair. This would be very very ambitious, but it would be stunning if Blizzard pulled it off.

These are just Ideas

These are simply ideas for new hair colors. These races have such rich lore and culture, let’s not ruin it by making them all high elves. Thank you for listening to me.

26 Likes

Maybe they look alike because void elves are blood elves, and they both are high elves. :upside_down_face:

57 Likes

I think they should rework the void elf racial

Make it a flat 1% dps boost and make it like worgen where they go into a void form during combat.

But make it full on void monster with tentacles and everything.

That would set them apart

17 Likes

Personally I think everyone forgot that void elves are just void elves.

And their identity is being smeared to death by helf people.

And they need to stop being put in the place of High elves… but that is just me…

17 Likes

They’re very closely related branches of Thalassian elves. Why shouldn’t they look similar?

Alleria, since she’s the first void elf.

16 Likes

It would be cool if you chose the pinkskins to get an arcane version of entropic embrace.

1 Like

Yeah that’s kinda the opposite of what I’m going for here

1 Like

I’d really like to see more void themes for the void elf customization.

I also like Moritz’s idea of void form being more like worgen form where you keep that appearance throughout combat rather than a temporary proc.

3 Likes

I wish void elves had some spookier customization. Floppy tentacle-like arms, eyes in weird places, gaping anglerfish maws.
Make them lovecraftian horror elves.

8 Likes

blood elves are horde and thus inherently better.

there. done.

2 Likes

Blood elves could (and should) get dark ranger customization at the very least. That would (for obvious reasons) be unique to them. I’d also love some san’layn options (because even if it was only shown in the Alliance side of the war campaign (for some bizarre reason), Sylvanas DID allow them in while she was warchief and let’s be honest…some of the customization are purely for roleplay reasons and have no basis in actual lore so why should san’layn options not be on the table? That’s something else that would be blood elf only options.

Otherwise…give male blood elves jewelry options (and men in general; women aren’t the only ones who like and wear jewelry Blizzard!). Give them some (more) unique hairstyles for both men and women, silver jewelry options instead of just gold. Arcane tattoos (Nightborne have close ties to Blood elves and so their penchant for arcane tattoos could spread to them), scars, Farstrider options, etc.

Void elves should get some more void-themed options to reflect players who enjoy the theme and want their character to look more void-corrupted.

4 Likes

Literally the only difference between Blood Elves and Void Elves is Blood Elves flush their holy toilet while Void Elves fell into their void toilet.

1 Like

I disagree.

I don’t want lore to be backflipped just because people don’t want two similar races :confused.:

They are good as they are, Elves exiled from Silvermoon. High Elves belong to both factions before the Void Elves existed and people should let that go.

2 Likes

One is infused with the void, one is infused with the Light. Just saying maybe they could show that more.

1 Like

More accurately, one can control the void, the other controls arcane/fel/light as convenient.

I guess? But when either control it, it often influences the way they look, void elves and green and golden eyed belves prove that.

Sure, make them even uglier than they already are so no one plays them. That’s clearly your goal.

4 Likes

I mained a void elf for 2 years
I love them

2 Likes

Blood elves will never have blue skin
/thread

I mean to be fair this skin has a blue tint to it and I’m a blood elf. 8D

I also agree with OP. More void stuff.

2 Likes