Void elves and blood elves need something to set them apart from eachother

I’m all for making portraits more distinct and readable. My current gripe is mostly with dwarf portraits being too similar to human portraits.

1 Like

They should have gone from the start the LOTR way and make races non faction exclusive, I mean, in The Silmarillion elves massacred each other, humans massacred each other and so on

1 Like

The way to separate Blood Elves from Void Elves is through UR/San’layn stuff, imo. And I, as a player of Void Elves since they dropped, want normal hair tones and hairstyles. Give me blonde, red, brown and white. Blizzard can easily just work on both Void-y stuff and High Elf stuff at the same time, it’s not going to bankrupt them.

Void Elves don’t though. Blood ELves have amazing lore, but Void Elves have almost nothing. They were only added to satisfy High Elf fans, (at least from what I think) so making them resemble and act like the Alliance Thalassian elves we care about is a good thing.

1 Like

I want elf world (of Warcraft) peace. Give the horde dark rangers and San’layn, give Alliance high elves. (Customization wise)

1 Like

While I do want some traditional hair color options, some of the existing Void Elf colors do work nicely with the new skin tones.

The greys work less well with the darker skin tones IMO, but the wine red blue-green and light purple hair looks very nice with the darker skin tones.

The greys, wine red and and light purple also look nice with the lighter skin tones.

I’m iffy on the two blue-greens and definitely find the blue and indigo to be a bit too saturated next to the new skin tones for my liking.

All in all I can work with what we have until more options are added. Even if some colors such as blonde are off the table (though I hope at least some shade is added), at the very least, I doubt many could argue that a stark white and a jet black hair color option makes absolute perfect sense for even the voidiest and most tentacle ridden of Void Elves to have.

1 Like

I’ve had to do with goblin skin colors that none seem to work well with the blonde hair color we have.
It’s not like we can all expect everything to work like we want.

1 Like

Did you see Starlas suggestion about Void Streaked hair I like that a lot.

I think the answer here is for Blizzard to add more skin tones to Goblins :slight_smile:

They don’t necessarily have to be exactly human flesh tones, but certain light olive tones can be close enough and work with blonde I think.

Well I think the answer is we can’t always get what we want.

1 Like

I did. And while I would love an option like that, I wouldn’t want that to be my only option for the traditional hair colors. But yes just having an option like that would be pretty awesome for any hair color really.

2 Likes

Doesn’t mean you can’t ask for the option though! And even if the answer is no the first time, it doesn’t mean you have to give up! Giving up guarantees you won’t get the options you want. But if you keep asking, there’s always a chance that someday that “no” will become a “yes”, and you will get your option… or at least something close enough to it to make you happy.

1 Like

oh how I wish it did…

LOL! I am sure a lot of people agree with you.

And I guess I’ve accepted that some of the things I would like to have aren’t that important to the health of the game.
I guess we think differently on this matter.
What I do find important is to keep what little Blood Elves have that make us different than our enemy.
So I guess I will have to keep asking that Void Elves don’t get lighter more normal hair colors that make Blood and Void elves look more alike.

2 Likes

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/217865167239774208/761743599422668820/unknown.png

Spamming this again since it fits the thread.

Our request is actually way different from what Starla’s asking for? Her dislike for the goblin skin tones is just her straight up not liking how they are. They’ve never been shown with anything else or represented in any other way. Void Elves and Thalassian elves have been both represented with normal hair and hair colours before, which is why we’re asking to get them.

2 Likes

I like the sparkly eyes.
Reminds me of fairies

Its supposed to look like outer space I guess. To fit the whole space elves thing.

I know but it reminds me of fairies XD

And that’s fine. It’s ok for us to disagree.

But I am curious why you might oppose alternative versions of the traditional colors (like the Kul Tiran hair colors I harp on about for Void Elves)?

They are shades that Blood Elves generally don’t have so it wouldn’t be a straight up copy/paste. The Void Elf blonde would be noticeably different from any of the, four? or 5? blondes Blood Elves have, and they’d only have the one. Example:

https://i.imgur.com/lplFgc7.jpg

4 Likes