Void elves and blood elves need something to set them apart from eachother

I agree with the title, let’s delete high elf skintones from void elves. Good compromise.

2 Likes

Until I can be an undead Elf, perhaps I’ll make my forum debut as a Blue Eyed Blood Elf Warlock! Just for the lulz, and to switch it up with a fresh type of flow vibe.

4 Likes

It’d be cool if there were void-tinged hair options that weren’t tentacled. Imagine normal hair except with glowy purple highlights or a fade kind of like the Dark Irons’ fiery fade, but purple.

But I might be uncommon in that I like the voidy theme of void elves but don’t like the old god-like bits.

one can do a teleport, and gains bursts of extra damage, the other has a… buff-eater that no-longer silences.

That’s… not what I said. I can’t decide whether I agree with you, or disagree. Like, I think more options are always good, and taking away high elf and belf skin tones from void elves would really make some people upset. But I also want to play the race I have, not some helf. I want there to be some diversity between the two elves.

I have to agree with you, I’m not sure that even if Void Elves did get Kultiran hairstyes and colors they would really look much different to Blood Elves. I think that has a lot to do with the model itself though. I would love it if blizzards would put in 3 or 4 body types for each race, and 3 to 4 different heights. In the long run we are all High Elves, so looking similar is going to happen, still little things can make a big difference.

1 Like

I see Blue eyes as being a result of Arcane siphoning, something both High and Blood Elves engaged in post the Sun well’s sundering, I see no lore reason for Blood Elves not to have blue eyes. Alleria may be our de facto leader, however she isn’t in the same vein of Void Elf as the rest of us, being a Void Elf has nothing to do with “blue eyes” nor should we all look like Alleria just cause she leads us, not all Night Elves look like Malfurion for instance, though if they did I’d race change in a heart beat XD… seriously ADMIRE those antlers, they’re to die for.

It was just a mistake I think. Like, they made them purple at first for some probably very good reasons. To go back on that, that’s going back on void elves.

5 Likes

Well I think we’d both be happier if a copy/paste of Blood Elf hairstyles and colors didn’t happen… but it unfortunately might.

I suspect that whatever allied race customization pass Blizzard intends to give us in the future will largely amount to hand-me-downs from the parent races wherever possible and they think they can get away with it. Maybe some of the hand-me-downs might get tweaked, but largely I expect them to put as little effort as possible.

If it does come down to that though, I hope they at least give tit for tat and provide all the Void Elf styles (with tentacles remove where applicable) to Blood Elves along with at least some of their unique hair colors (the blueish greys, the light purple and the wine red are all unique and flattering to Blood Elf skin tones and even the blue-greens don’t look bad).

Also, regardless of the issue of hair, I would like Blood Elves to get Void Elf female face #5 which is the only Void Elf female face that isn’t a duplicate of a Blood Elf female face.

I don’t know why Blizzard felt the need to make the Void Elf female face #5 different from the Blood Elf female face #5, but they did and it’s unique. But with the new skin tones, Void Elves will have both their unique face # 5 and the Blood Elf female face #5 (#13 for Void Elves) and that’s not fair IMO. Since Void Elf females are getting the unique Blood Elf female face #5, then I feel that Blood Elf females should get the unique Void Elf female face #5 in turn.

2 Likes

Assuming the expansion delay is why Void Elf underwear is now done for every new skin tone and on the PTR, I can’t see why they can’t add the underwear to the one female Darkfallen skin tone that’s missing it and make those options usable by Blood Elves. It would take a fraction of the time it took to do all the new Void Elf skins and I’d like to believe it would make a lot of Blood Elf players happy.

At the very least I’d like to see this done for Blood Elves by launch, if not by pre-patch. Not that this is all they need, but it would at least be something .

1 Like

It mainly says they incorrectly assessed player desire. While they understood that Alliance were wanting a blood-elfish race with an identity different than that of blood elves, they missed that identity was only part of the picture. This likely became clear when they saw that void elves didn’t wind up being as popular as they’d expected/hoped.

I guess they did that again

it is possible for a scenario to have no right answers. Every pathway takes away from someone. Therefore we should default to those who already exist, blood elves, when concerning a high elf aesthetic.

(Commentary): I think it’s illogical to say Void Elves aren’t popular. They’re the second most played Allied Race if not the most played one. Rather, I think its more accurate to say that Blizzard was unaware that what players wanted were High Elves Alliance players have played with over the course of the game: the Silver Covenant.

3 Likes

Where it’s at now is probably the closest they can come to meeting player demands.

Personally I liked the fanfic stuff people had going, expanding on the Farstrider lore with the tattoos and whatnot and wouldn’t have minded if they had taken void elves in that direction. There’s any number of interesting directions they could’ve taken to bring void elves closer to player expectations without copypasting.

I don’t think they can take back what’s been done at this point though.

My guess was that despite being popular relative to other allied races, they didn’t end up as popular as Blizz wanted them to be. I think void elves were supposed to be the kind of the “flagship” allied race that a large chunk of the playerbase would put in the work to earn, but instead they’re still something of a minority compared to the core races.

Maybe if they didn’t read any of the hundreds of multi-thousand-post helf threads… many of the posters in those made it incredibly clear that silver covenant elves were the desire.

1 Like

well of course not
Void elves were blue/purple skinned before.
Its the void elves who have had the drastic change here.

If blood elves got void elf skin tones, then the argument would be used the other way around.

1 Like

(Commentary): Irrelevant. High Elves existed in the Alliance before Void Elves, and continue to exist in the Alliance. Now that the main distinguishing feature between Blood Elves and High Elves has been given to Blood Elves, they could arguably slip into the ranks of the Alliance’s High Elves.

Now, nobody on Alliance would ever like this, but I really think the best place for those high elves, the lodges, the tattoos, would be in the blood elf customization. They already gave us blue eyes, they have pilgrimage to a Horde sunwell any time they wish, it’s just the next natural step for them to rejoin their nation and it would make it whole.

While Void Elf skin tones wouldn’t make sense on Blood Elves, adding the red eyes and undead skin tones used by San’layn and Dark Rangers to Blood Elves would make perfect sense as a secondary theme.

1 Like

not at all irrelevant
One side has been playable for 13 years and the other still isn’t playable

Its completely logical to default to looking like blood elfs instead of some NPCs who aren’t the topic of discussion

(Observation): It’s strange, but no one on the Alliance really minds the Blood Elves having the things that were asked for High Elves so far. Darker skin tones? Blue eyes? Jewelry? Ear Length options? Thicker facial hair? Blizzard really did take the stuff people were asking for High Elves, and gave it to the Blood Elves. Then they gave a chunk of it to the Void Elves too. I won’t be surprised if Blood Elves get war paint, scars, and tattoos in the future too. That was also on the list of stuff High Elf players wanted.

2 Likes