Void Elf or High Elf alliance paladins?

I didn’t know that but I haven’t focused much on transmog since patch, I was planning for doing that this weekend, I appreciate the heads up and the fabulous screenshot because you actually used my character. :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I figured you’d appreciate seeing how it would look on your toon specifically! :smiley:

1 Like

You misunderstood… a “paladin” that uses the void instead of the light. All the spells would be identical except void-colored.

A High Elven paladin would also be nice.

1 Like

Thank you again for the share dearie, I just bought that dress off of the auction house for my characters so now I have it for cosmetic use when I want to use it. :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

If they added in spell color glyph, much like the green fire for warlocks, it would facilitate the fantasy and not really break the lore.

Void Elf Paladins - Void Knights - They have caputred a dark naaru and have begun siphoning it’s power and learning to use its void power in new ways beyond just corrupting.

Like they were Blood Elves, they know exactly how to siphon creatures for energy.

So in lore they aren’t using the Light. But adding in an option to palette swap all their abilities to Void or Holy depending on a glyph or NPC option to turn it on or off. At the same time I think the other paladin races should also get this treatment as well.

Sin’dorei - Blood Knights - red tinted spells and abilties
Tauren - Sunwalkers - fiery appearance on spells and abilities

5 Likes

There’s not really a reason for them to do that.
The Blood Elves only did it with the Naaru because they had lost their faith in the Light and so it was the only way for them to access the Light.
Void Elves have a faith in the Void, so they would already have access to it without needing to take it from a separate entity.

2 Likes

Yes, I agree fully.

That would be fantastic. It’s a shame that they don’t allow more spell color glyphs.

I want my undead monk to heal through shadow-mending, so her green “mist” should be purple shadows. Instead of a pandaren jade serpent statue, I want her to summon a plague cauldron; instead of a pandaren xu’en tiger, I want her to summon an acolyte of shadows (an undead NPC wearing shadowey armor that fights by your side).

This can happen to ALL races. Night elves, for example, could summon a statue of the first night elven high priestess (the one holding the giant basin with water falling over the sides) instead of the pandaren jade serpent.

Dwarven monks could summon an earthen or, even better, an IRON Dwarf (from Northrend) instead of the pandaren xu’en tiger.

1 Like

Even more so they are infused with the void on its own. Drawing on its power also doesn’t really require the same faith bit as the Light often does.

Thats always been an interesting quirk of the Light itself not so much the void. The Void seems to have the quirk of needing to be let into your thoughts as best I can tell… like thats the standard theme and void elves do have to practice resisting the whispers.

But would their own void energies be enough to power their abilities? I wonder if drawing on the energy of an imprisoned void entity would be less taxing on the whispers from the void.

Why wouldn’t they be?

They can already be shadow priests, mages, warlocks… None of them have any issues.

Voids should enjoy the void and not want to be with the Light.

If you want to be with the light, chose a race that has not become the void.

Humans, Dwarves, Draeneis, Blood Elves, Taurens and Zandalari.

I suppose that’s true, I don’t exactly know how the void specifically works.

Arcane is based on knowledge of it right?

Warlocks shadow is based on using demonic energy from the Fel.

Shadow Priests have to control their sanity using the Void and the Light?

Once again. We’re talking about void based paladins not light based ones.

Arcane doesn’t really seem to have a quirk like that, you just have to learn how to use it like any other skill.

Some people do have talent for it though so that seems to play a part.

Warlocks tend to be using void as either just literal void or using shadow fel which uses both shadow and fel.

The chaotic nature of the fel let’s it corrupt most anything and warlocks are already willing to use powers others are not.

Shadow priests pull from the void, the only notable trait I’ve noticed about the void specifically is that it does affect your mind and without proper preparation and protection you can fairly easily fall to whispers from the void.

All truths and all that.

Void elves are already trained to resist such whispers as they hear them constantly.

2 Likes

Isn’t this just retreading the blood elf story?

IMO, they could just find one of the few surviving Twilight’s Hammer cultists and beat the secrets of combining light with shadow out of him. Then they use the so-called “Twilight” magic to harness the powers of the light normally.

Alternatively, the Lightforged Draenei still have the Netherlight Crucible and their Exarch is Alleria’s husband and a keen proponent of all things Paladin related. So he could just loan it out and they can discover the secret through their own magical research. I mean, it can’t be that hard if Ogres can do it…

2 Likes

Scroll down and there are two versions for the Void Elves, one for the High Elf look and one for the Void Elf look.

Problem is, that is way too much effort for something that isn’t raid or mythic+ related for this current Dev team.

It is a little, but they could also just utilize the Void Storm on the third island of the Telogrus Rift for something like this.

I’ve often suggested they should use that Void Storm in a ritual to make new void elves from the wayfarers and scholars, one that has them come out as both Allerian, Umbrician and a mixed looking lot of new void elves.

This seems like an interesting concept and story and would be neat to find out that “Twilight” magic is a thing we can actually use and not just a different word for whatever it was they were doing.

I kinda feel like that would go over poorly with the Lightforged. :stuck_out_tongue:

Give them some credit. The Trade place and all that is a nice step in the right direction. I think they’re trying.

1 Like

“Exarch’s orders soldier.” :saluting_face:

Anyway, what could happen is, some experiment/summoning goes out of control and Arator is on hand to contain the breach, but he gets infected with void corruption and they have to figure out how to save him, and that’s the plot hook.

1 Like

As far as I know, twilight magic is a canon thing but it has no relation to the Light. A developer had noted that it’s just a deeper form of Void. I’d have to scavenge for the source though.

Twilight magic is presumably Old God magic of the void branch.[27]

2 Likes

I like the elemental take of paladins : / Wish those class skins were true. I would definetly love like a fire paladin for some taurens and like water paladin for races like goblins/gilgoblins (hopefully eventually).

Oh that’s neat!

What if that’s kinda like how death magic is spread into different types… Like venthyr and Maldraxxus being both death magic but different types.

Dark Iron dwarves with a fire option.