Void Elf or High Elf alliance paladins?

Loreology? He’s pretty good isn’t he?

1 Like

No, the random forum poster that gave themself the name Lore and tends to spout a lot of their personal headcanon as facts.

4 Likes

I mean, prior to Cataclysm it was just a spot for a horde quest, and was there much story to it? I mean, at that point were they separate from Silvermoon? (This is one of the exiled lodges and I’m not sure where exactly in the timeline that hit, since that would be connected to the BC story)

But a small lodge out in the Hinterlands does not make the High Elves a massive presence any more than the other variously aligned high elves that were in Vanilla. The story of their people is carried on by the Blood Elves, the High Elves had chosen to basically either be their own thing (like the lodges who don’t seem eager to join either side) or join other societies.

2 Likes

No nightborne?

I am curious if anyone does have a cannon source for that.

Like I said above its logical and I get it but I can’t remember a time where its been shown.

See I’m kinda suspicious about it, I have a guess where it comes from, but to me the signs in game and from devs don’t really point that way.

Lor’themar seems really willing to reconcile with at least the high elves that have not wronged their kin, like the lodge in the story where he tries to make amends with them. Or welcoming Alleria back as a child of Quel’thelas. And tie that in with the dev statements that in game the characters don’t think of themselves in the terms used in character creation, it just seems to me like it wouldn’t rise to some great offense, unless someone was trying to use it offensively.

3 Likes

Thats kinda where I’m at too.

Like the SC and Silvermoon clearly have beef right, but I don’t think as a rule that Blood Elves are inherently hostile to their High Elven brethren and I’ve never really seen a situation where they’d treat them poorly for not choosing to take up the name Blood Elf either.

But like I said I entirely see the logic and the reason players get that impression. Like it makes sense that there is some stigma at least towards high elves who rejoin Silvermoon and don’t take up the name but I don’t think its entirely true that they’d force them either.

I’m not as generous as you are, and I’m pretty sure a lot of it has more to do with being a snappy counter to the “blood elves are high elves” point more than being based in lore, but who can say for sure.

Just thinking about it now, I wonder how often something like that would come up in say Silvermoon itself? It’s not like in the real world we go around addressing each other as something like “Hello fellow human” or “Hi there you American”

2 Likes

What problems do you have in RL for being constantly negative and hateful?

5 Likes

Is it tho?

It’s still Quel’thalas. Not Sin’thalas.

2 Likes

Really rich coming from you.

2 Likes

I’m not really affected by the topic and do not take anything hurtful or mean serious in the slightest. What do you lack in RL if I may ask? I offer your my help and listen to you.

2 Likes

You just justify harassment when it happens to some people. Nope, not hateful at all.

2 Likes

He’s playing semantics when it comes down to it. Blood Elves are High Elves. But they refuse to be called High Elves as they changed what they called themselves after Blood Elves after the Third War.

This was likely due to their people being slaughtered after being betrayed by people like Garithos who was highly racist and hated Elves and betrayed them. There are High Elves that still exist and do side with the Alliance though.

1 Like

For us draenei, yes there was. In fact, it is probably one of the few spots in the Eastern Kingdoms where canonically there is a draenei presence. Not to mention we got to give the Forsaken a bloody nose for trying to attack it.

The story is carried on by them just as much as the blood elves. Saying the blood elves are the only ones who gets to keep that legacy is arrogant.

1 Like

You are both dropping them truth bombs.

No. Maybe you are just made out of paper, if a random discussion on the internet forum affects you more than you are willed to let anyone know. I got “engaged” by five people at once and I do not care about this at all. You are all some random people nobody will never be important in my RL, you have nothing to affect me either positively or negatively in the slightest.

But unlike you, I’m actual willed enough to see over these childish tantrums about a PC game and will offer help to people who might just want someone they could listen to.

3 Likes

I think you got it backwards, sort of. Blood Elves chose to separate from being High Elves. So they carry on the story of Blood Elves, not the High Elves in essence. Would be like saying Humans carry on the Vykrul legacy except that the Vykrul still live despite the numerical comparison to the remaning High Elves.

3 Likes

When people are breaking rules and harassing people and you defend it, that just shows who you are.

1 Like

They only did it after the Blood Elves literally joined Illidan and later the Horde withiuy any regrets or apologies. You also ignore that Blood Elves cut off rhe Silver Covenant first and literally hunted down and killed any High Elves in their territory that refused to drink in the Fel Magic and Naaru empowered Sunwell.

3 Likes

Still would have been post BC and when they had definitely split with Silvermoon.

Is it?

I feel like the high elves, while they do have the tie to the history of QT, their future is their own story. I kinda keep going back to this one, but I feel there’s something of a similarity to the Jedi, (ignoring that there’s not an equivalent to the Blood Elves in SW) There’s not really a story of the Jedi order after Order 66 (at least until a new order is established) but there are the stories of the surviving Jedi.

No, Blood Elves chose to honor their fallen in their name, seems rather the opposite to separating from that past.

3 Likes