Void Elf or High Elf alliance paladins?

I mean, it’s not like there aren’t things used with horses in reality to muffle the sound of their hooves.

1 Like

I think if stealth magic was the only thing that comes into play i’d never have been able to hit a rogue in stealth with hammer of justice for getting too close to me.

Plus those old talents that made it so if you didn’t choose them you’d get spotted by NPC’s and players. I must have missed the new magic that applies to stealth.

I think the size of Draenei and tauren plus the hooves would make them. I think the way the game has become over time put a place open where any race could be seen as rogues. I’m on board with it but I don’t think there used to be a place for that. I’ve met rogue players who refuse to wear long cloaks because it kills their mindset and makes no sense. If a cloak gets in the way, you can bet there are people who won’t play rogues when the race breaks that mindset for them also.

In the past I can see people being not so chill with the fact a tauren rogue just pulled one over on them after watching him come out of stealth a foot taller and two sizes wider than the other person’s race. Especially when you could not only pull rogues out of stealth but had ways of hunting rogues down and pulling them from stealth after someone got sapped and the rogue’s presence was known. But that whole thing has been kind of gone for some time so why not throw rogues out to all races? But when it comes to why they didn’t do it before, there are quite a few ways to see the reasons behind the why that don’t apply anymore.

This is still the thing that pissed me off more than anything blizzard ever did.

They used one of the forest troll skintones during the SLs announcement when they were showing off new options and then they never gave trolls the forest troll skintones. I have Guzzul saved so I can race change this character to a forest troll and they STOLE IT FROM ME.

1 Like

People are not very thoughtful in this topic. Everyone posting here signals Blizzard that Alliance High Elf Paladins are needed, including the subrace title and a racial change. And with the constant pushing it bleeds out to the other discussion platforms and brings awareness to the issue.

Same procedure as the last time. History repeats itself, humans truly don’t learn.

7 Likes

Well, we’re only humans in the end. Otherwise what would we be if we did learn.

3 Likes

If you study history, you will always see the same pattern: Instincts win over being reasonable and no matter in which time period we live, people never learn from their mistakes.

In this case, it works out for the Helfers favorably well.

8 Likes

ye they keep bumpin hour threads :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

paladinos 4 void elfs pleese

1 Like

Yeah. I would too would have favored for those who have positively supports adding in more contents and classes.

Can’t wait for cross faction guild is a thing and all the cities are open borders. At least I have some excuse of hanging out at Stormwind from here on.

2 Likes

Even though I personally would find it gross to hang out with orcs and undead (it’s personal, I really can’t stand them), I also think opening borders to everyone would do more good than harm.

For those who think faction identity is interesting, I guess they could turn on warmode, where cities wouldn’t have open borders.

Honestly that is a great solution to this drama as well.

1 Like

The Main problem with this is that currently players are in the same Orgrimmar/Stormwind no matter if in warmode or not, so that would have to be changed for it to work. Also, this change would hurt a lot of RP servers that would have to pick between being harassed in their rp by rogues etc attacking them, or having to share the city with the other faction, which would further split the rp community on servers.

Cross-faction guilds are coming and I’m hype about it, but I can’t see them allowing for cross-faction in old faction-specific content, it would remove the last faction flavor and be a quite large technical undertaking, just as they were unable to allow cross-faction for several dungeons/raids that had faction specific stuff.
New expansions/content are usually faction neutral with faction neutral hubs either way, so I see little need to spend dev time making outdated content faction neutral.

1 Like

In terms of Alliance, Horde already troll the Stormwind RP community by regularly raiding the city, killing NPCs and lagging players.

Overall it’s a net benefit of allowing factions to mingle in cities as it would benefit the RPers that would want to utilize it. Nothing changes negatively whether it’s added or not because the aspect of “immersion breaking” already exists regardless.

But not every interaction would be so. I for example have an RP character that is a Mainland Pandaren who isn’t aligned with either faction. However, because of gameplay reasons I can only interact with the Alliance and thus my immersion is broken by being unable to visit Horde territory/cities.

1 Like

We already have intermingling in cities, just look at Dalaran (we have two), Valdrakken, Booty bay and any other neutral grounds. I think taking away the core capitals for faction rp is bad. It’s also a lot easier to ignore a few trolls then an entire faction, imagine going to a neutral rp hub and try only rping only with your own faction/hosting faction specific rp, it’s not great. It’s important in my opinion that we keep having options for both.
And forcing only one way will just ruin it and upset a sizeable amount of people that just got their rp spots heavily changed.

Also by splitting the Stormwind/Orgrimmar phase in two, as I said would split the current rp community in those areas in two, and give the griefers yet additional tools to harass rpers in the faction-specific/war mode one.

They are playable, on the Horde side.

2 Likes

On Horde as Blood Elves and on Alliance as Void Elves.
They’re both High Elves.

7 Likes

No… Really?

2 Likes

Whether they’re canon or not I don’t really care. RP tools or canon, whatever sounds better to you.
I just wanted to point out the fact that void elves can essentially play as high elves with these options (and dark rangers).

We’ve gotten so much already that I think it’d be reasonable for void elves to take the backseat for now when it comes to customizations. But that’s just my opinion.

As for paladins, I’m not against this but again, I’m indifferent and Blizzard has already done more than I expected to receive for void elves already :slight_smile:

it feelsngud wenn the hounds are contained

plz give us palas for void elfs blizzard, that and belf hairstyls are the last thing we need 4 hour helf dream thnx

I have a Wrath era troll rogue who was always intended to be a Revantusk in my heart.

Revantusk and Wildhammer are a fun combo… moreso than Wildhammer and Dragonmaw. Not that we have proper Dragonmaw skins for live orcs, either.

My very first toon would have been a forest troll had that been available.

I was so sad I couldn’t when I realized that even in vanilla the Forest Trolls were still a part of the Horde with the Revantusk.

1 Like

Helfers should care only for the negative people writing here. They do the free labor work for keeping the topic on-going. Let them think they are at the top of the world, there are always smarter people who use them.

Only at Alliance-side, if you chose to. Blood Elves do not call themselves like this anymore, otherwise they throw all the lore out of the window. Alliance has the luxury to play Void- and High Elves, because you still see NPCs placed around the world associated with the Alliance.

2 Likes