Void Elf or High Elf alliance paladins?

I didnt say i blame the whole community. Just those making those requests.

Im perfectly happy with any high elf fan who wants to use the options we have for RP.
Im also okay with requests for more normal hair styles. Void elves are still elves. It makes sense that their fashion sense didnt completely change just because of the void.

Many high elf fans desires can easily coexist within void elves.
But stripping the void away is just not one of them.

1 Like

:thinking: Sorry, yeah, you’re right. Sorry for misreading your post.

But the problem is, Blizzard created this mess right from the beginning. Lets dig in:

• Nobody has ever heard of the Void Elves prior to there introduction.
  • The lore of the Void Elves is so little, and has no effort, let alone, makes no sense.
  • Nobody knows who Magister Umbric is, since there was no background to him.
  • The zone, the lore, etc, to unlocking the Void Elves also makes no sense, and doesn’t even remotely connect the dots.
  • Patch 8.3 could’ve been the perfect patch to expand upon with the Void Elves, it it was completely avoided

So, when you see people making such request as changing the name or wanting Paladins, who really created the mess for this sort of stuff to happen? You got to really understand where others mostly come from with the constant mess that Blizzard likes to make in regards to the Allied Races.

I’d be cool for Void Elves if they were done right, and added correctly, but sadly, they weren’t. All we got is a group of Elves with no clear sense of direction on where to go.

8 Likes

So don’t play them?

You’re perfectly fine in not liking them, I just don’t think that rises to a level where it needs to influence game design. They’re not exactly unliked (or the various other half demon races that are very similar in other properties like Tieflings))

It was just a joke, I went googling for weird wow selfies and that was my winner.

Why do you even take anything written here so seriously? You really need to work on your self-concept.

I have characters from every race and some I like more and other less. The game is at its best when you can play with friends/family and just enjoy the ride and lore and that’s what we have always done for many years. We have done almost every quest the game has to offer and it really helped to put things into perspective.

O-kay?

I’m just saying we all have things we like more and less, and it’s fine to not enjoy one playable race, but as long as there’s other things that you do like, it’s not a fault of the game’s design for them to exist, especially when they’ve got their own fans as well.

1 Like

Hey guys I hope everything is a bit more normal and rational in this this thread than the last time I was h-
Oh. I see.

4 Likes

Perhaps make void elf paladins that can only have blue eyes since they are really high elves… Similar to how shaman dwarves are really just the wildhammer dwarves…

1 Like

I’d like it if they made it so we started with a void skin to our paladins. I’d also like it if this skin was also available to other paladins as well.

I’d also like several other paladin class skins to differentiate racial identity as well as just alternative looks for those who may want something else.

(This also applies to other classes too. I’d love a void skin for mages too or warriors or hunters yada yada.)

3 Likes

I lowkey can’t believe some of these debates are still going on tbh. It’s like the good old days.

3 Likes

I think other races need to get the void paladin skin first so void elves can be void paladins by default.:wink:

Blizzard could add a quest like warlock green fire to unlock the void paladin skin, this would allow all races that have this class to have a codex ( or a libram :blush: ) in their grimoire to be able to change the skin of their spells.:v:

Necromancer Warlock Skin
Dark Ranger Hunter Skin
Lightforged Ranger Hunter Skin
Lightblessed Priest DPS Skin
Void Knight Paladin Skin
Moon Knight Paladin Skin
Warden Warrior Skin??

4 Likes

Neither,

FOR THE HORDE!

(Im reusing a comment i made elsewhere but it seems to fit here too. Just editing it slightly to include paladins)

I dont really understand why myself though.

What is a void elf? Theyre a high elf that took an interest in the void.
The race people want is playable. And the customisation options work for high elf and void elf sides of things.

You could even say that your void elf was part of the silver covenant if you wanted to. It doesnt contradict any lore that im aware of.

The void is very friendly that way.
Its time to embrace the void.

The only thing thats not welcomed is the light.
But thats not even a high elf thing so whatever. High elves are rangers and mages.

3 Likes

Dark Shamans when? I want to Enslave a Water Elemental while dressed in dark blue chains and clothes

2 Likes

Weren’t there also priests ?

1 Like

I disagree with void elf paladins on a lore level. They don’t make sense to me. But Blizzard has scrapped lore anyways, and I anticipate they’ll open all classes for all races in the near future, so it is what it is.

1 Like

There is speculation that they are going to use primalists to open the door for shamans to everyone.

I still have no idea who the primalists actually are or how on earth they formed their order and got to the dragon isles.
But they seem to be made up of every race going so the door is open.

There are some priests yeah. But what i meant was it wasnt part of their society as a whole. So its one of those take it or leave it type things.
Nothing iconic to it.

Slap a void effect on the abilities and paladin is good to go. Just a different source of power but mechanically all the same.

4 Likes

I don’t disagree with you there, but I doubt it’ll happen. Blizzard has never shown any interest in class differentiation except for the green fire, which is a bummer.

3 Likes

I dunno, they give shaman different totems for each of their races.

And druids get unique forms depending on their race. Admittedly the only stand outs are kul tiran and zandalari.

Disc priest talents change some spells to have holy or shadow effects depending on what you choose i believe.

And once upon a time they made glyphs for classes. Although those times seem long gone.

2 Likes

It would be nice to see water shamans, or dark mages, or various kinds of hunter aesthetics. The totems are correct but all spells look the same, and druids got a ton of customization in Legion but it seems to have been fairly forgotten about in recent years (aside from the cheetah forms). Void paladins could work, but then they’d have to do moon paladins for night elves, and maybe some other form of paladin for other races, and we’ll hear the timeless argument: “That’ll cost us a raid tier!”

3 Likes