Void Elf or High Elf alliance paladins?

The title of the thread does not mean that both are difference races when both are the same race technically and canonly.

Yeah, I am actually against Void Elf Paladins. Only difference between me and others is I don’t bother arguing about it.

1 Like

If they are the same race, then the word “or” is not needed.

If you are against void elven paladins, how would you suggest there be high elven paladins?

Adding yet another race that looks exactly like blood elves and void elves?

This is why the Alliance gets 500 different types of horses.

1 Like

I don’t suggest anything. I have never been one for Paladins in the first place. Yes, I am posting from a level 60 Human Paladin, that I have boosted from 50 in the first place, that I haven’t really touched or played much since Leg, but besides the point.

Then take it with the OP. I don’t have control over what others put into the title of there own threads.

1 Like

So your job here is just to what…chase away disagreement while being the “disinterested observer”?

5 Likes

Eh, it just always get tricky removing something people have. I mean, I still remember the outcry over the first mount change and they had to replace the old bad models people had when they added the armored 2nd level mounts back in Vanilla.

And frankly, the hawkstriders seem a little off to me, they feel really easter egg-ish to me more than a thought out racial mount. Like rather than “What would a blood elf ride?” they went “Now where can we put Chocobos!?”

1 Like

They are on the Horde side.

Nothing says a Blood Elf Paladin cannot walk around being a member of the Knights of the Silver Hand, in blue armor, and using the blue order hall charger. They just exist and have to side under the Horde due to game restrictions. I had one for a minute until the armor set for the Blood Knights came out.

1 Like

That’s why I use the Order Hall mounts.

This one to me was designed for the Blood Knights:
/wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/602413.jpg (I cannot do anymore links sorry)

I did like my Argent Charger for a while, at least until the Lucid Nightmare became my go to.

What part of EVERY type of Elf ARE High Elves do you still not comprehend.

High Elves are just the Aristocracy of the Night Elf culture. The only differences between them now outside of skin coloration (which even that isn’t really a separate thing any more thanks to the customization options available) is ideology and/or political affiliation.

You want an Alliance High Elf:

1. open character creation or race change interface
  2. Pick Void Elf
  3. You now have a High Elf Character. Congratulations

Don’t want a Void Elf? OK here’s another way to get a High Elf Alliance character.

1. Open character creation or race change interface
  2. Pick Night Elf (If you want the look of the classic High Elves then pick any of the skin colors on the entire left side of the skin color menu).
  3. You now have a High Elf Character. Congratulations

Void Elves ARE High Elves. So are Blood Elves and Nightborne. For some reason folks just cannot or stubbornly refuse to comprehend this very simple aspect of Warcraft Elves.

Hell, there are probably still quite a few members of the original Night Elf aristocracy who allowed to stay with the main NE populace assuming they were against Azshara.

Both factions have access to two options of High Elves when creating characters.

• Alliance has Night Elves (which again High elves were just their royalty) and Void Elves (who are just Blood Elves banished from Quel’Thalas for experimenting with the Void)
  • Horde has Blood Elves (the original High Elves who chose to remain loyal to Quel’Thalas) and Nightborne (High Elves who lived in Suramar before the Sundering)

Seriously folks, this isn’t rocket science.

2 Likes

I’m just engaging in a thread without the trolling attitude.

You know in the Warcraft Chronicles, it actually tells us that the Nightborne are a different race, and actually were former Night Elves.

4 Likes

They are.

They are also “Quel’Dorei” like the Quel’Dorei in Dire Maul. In Darnassian Quel’Dorei means “children of noble birth.” I would argue most Quel’Dorei who are Night Elves would be mages, that’s why NEs can be mages, they’re being taught by one (and a few others) originally.

EDIT: IMO, this is what frustrates folks who would be open to things like “Alliance” Blood Elves, that folks asking for them, just don’t know the stories or lore well. I support any race, any faction personally. A player is “one” character in the narrative of the whole. I can definitely see some gnomes defect, a goblin mercenary, etc. I like how ESO handled the race dilemma.

2 Likes

Correct

Incorrect. High Elves and Night Elves aren’t the same thing.
High Elves are a new entity that separated from the Highborne.
The proper statement would be “If you want a Highborne play a Night Elf”

Same situation with Highborne. Nightborne Aren’t High Elves, they are Highborne but in a similar sense to High Elves eventually became something different.

3 Likes

Incorrect. Your character is your character. Do what you want.

Thank you for that. <3

Well, High Elves are just the Aristocracy/royalty of Night Elves. The Nightborne were just the Night Elves (both “High” and “Low” born) living in Suramar before the Sundering.

Still don’t get why folks have such a hard time understanding that every elf type in Warcraft is the same race of elves separated by geography, ideology, political affiliation or any combination of the three.

1 Like

Thank you for supporting all those who do want to be an Alliance High Elf Paladin, since they want there character to be there character.

I’ve always been fine with someone saying their character is a high elf.

Just don’t think it’s worthwhile to add duplicate customizations to the game to reinforce that.

4 Likes

Or just touched by different magic… and originally trolls. :smiley:

1 Like

Yep. I explained that a few times before in this thread.

I still find it tragically amusing that the Night Elves committed literal genocide on their progenitors.

1 Like

But do you ever trust Blizzard to do things to keep things unique between both groups so everyone can be what they want and not continue with this endless beating to a dead horse? People have came up with unique concepts to help with making the High Elves for Alliance are bit more unique without breaking the lore while at the same time, not making it look like an exact copy-paste of just a Blood Elf.

Nope, Blizzard just decided to create the Void Elves by painting the Blood Elves blue, and tossing to the Alliance with very little lore structured around them. Then when it came to the hair colours, could’ve put in that extra work to be a bit of a different shade. But instead, just copy and paste.

All this is Blizzard’s mess, and it is the High Elf community that gets blamed for it.

3 Likes