Void Elf or High Elf alliance paladins?

As far as I know they’re their own thing as their own decision. Believe there was a story of Lor reaching out to them, and offering supplies and such and getting the cold shoulder.

I don’t think there’s any hard facts on how it works, but my impression is that Lor’themar seems to be open to them, and I would imagine they’d be welcome as long as they’re not basically openly hostile to the government.

I wonder some how much the divisions we worry about carrry over into the game. Like I got the impression (especially with some stuff I think came with the purge questline’s aftermath) that prior to them getting driven from Dalaran, the Sunreavers were more Dalaran loyal, but didn’t have a problem with the Horde. Like that a lot of the non-blood elf high elves might fit in a category where they’re their own thing, not too concerned with Horde or Alliance as concepts. Like Captain Brightsun isn’t a Horde loyalist, he’s a smuggler who has beef with the Alliance so he works with the Horde, but he’s in it for himself and his crew.

So I can see many “high elves” being welcome back just because that’s where they’re from. And others like the Silver Covenant are most likely, well, in a way they are wanted by Silvermoon, but they’re not wanted back as citizens.

2 Likes

But weren’t the Sunreavers Horde Blood elves to begin with? When they were exiled from Dalaran they returned back home to Silvermoon so they’re definetly welcome.

They’re for sure welcome to complete their pilgrimage since Lor’themar said he would never deny them that but I honestly couldn’t even see high elves wanting to live in Silvermoon which is why most of them still reside in quel’danil and Dalaran.

I think Lor’themar would be okay with them coming back but like you said, they kinda gave him the cold shoulder… with reason

Alleria was welcome back until that incident and im pretty sure Valeera is still welcome but last I heard she was shacked up in Stormwind and I dont think shes really loyal to either side at this point

And Sylvanas… well who really knows wtf is happenkng with her right now but she is prolly not gonna be welcomed ANYWHERE lol

Hopefully theyll update something to do with the story soon so we can figure out whats actually going on and where they are living in Dragonflight!

Were they? I mean, they’re a good chunk of the elves that have been in Dalaran since it started, right? The question is, before their hand was forced by Jaina, who did they identify with more.

That is a different question to whether they’d be allowed back though.

Yeah, but that’s the quel’danil elves who were the only ones actually exiled. I’m saying there’s stuff like the random high elves like Captian Brightsun who aren’t really taking a side, or Dalaran elves who didn’t get involved in Sunreaver or SC stuff.

If I’m remembering right she’s loyal to the Wrynn family and to Silvermoon, but not the Horde or Alliance.

4 Likes

No, it’s a fact., Learn your lore, Panda.

be me asking for sources on this only to get told its right.

Good talk, come back with something usable

4 Likes

I am with you on this one. Especially since they are no longer focusing on faction battles.

Magical addiction

All high elves, regardless of class, status or upbringing, are addicted to magic, and all have some small proficiency in it. Unlike blood elves who succumb to it, high elves actively fight their addiction and are required to meditate at least an hour every day to maintain personal control. The high elves are not proud of this addiction and take pains to keep it a secret. Being close to Moon Wells will satiate the addiction, as will the use of certain magical items, though it should be noted Night Elves do their best to keep high elves away from the Well and magical objects that provide the same result are rare.

If a high elf resorts to feeding off something else to sate the addiction, then they cross the line from high elf to blood elf. Contrary to popular belief, magical addiction is not fatal in and of itself (the only elves who have actually died from withdrawal were either elderly, very young, or already ill).[2] Some have found a way to block the symptoms of withdrawal by the use of Sunwell Rings.

I assume this is what you’re referring to?

cringe and kills high fantasy

Considering the high elves of Dalaran fed off of arcane artifacts and it was only some of the rangers that were already less arcane dependent that pulled off the meditation that seems like someone writing a wiki that doesn’t know what they’re talking about.

3 Likes

Shh! he posted some sauce for another guy but its still kinda weird and wrong.

All HElves quite literally passively eat mana if there is enough of it in the air… That thing he linked literally states that. Which is also why they had to learn how to deliberately mana tap in the first place to sate the hunger after Arthas decided to starve out what was left of the HEs after he went genociding.

Apparently your a BE if you figure out how to eat deliberately according to a fandom site? I thought they were only a blood elf to memorialize the literal genocide of their species by an alliance princeling.

3 Likes

I mean, they’re doing the thing where they’re pretending blood elf is anything more involved that a language thing to try and make it sound like there’s some concrete difference between the two groups of the same people they can use to justify another elf playable race that looks like a blood elf.

4 Likes

To be fair, they’ve asked for Paladins as part of High Elves from the beginning.

It’s the last part of the High Elf crowd’s request that hasn’t been fulfilled.

I just want them to lean more into the void with Void Elves X_X I hope when we eventually get more updates like the last 3 allied races did, they’re void inspired.

That said, I do need 1 more paladin and 1 more shaman to have 3 of each class, and need a human and a void elf. Just a matter of if shaman or paladin is available to VE first. (And if Paladin, if shaman is on human) lol.

I’d rather not play a VE Paladin though, so hopefully Shaman. Lol. But I also don’t really like Human Paladins, so we’ll see. If the VE paladin mount looks amazing, then it might end up happening. :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

Well, hopefully they’ll just open up the taps for classes, don’t see a reason why we shouldn’t be able to do any class on any race

3 Likes

If they happen truly…I’m hoping their mount isn’t another bird… Void elves used to be blood elves and blood elves used to ride actual horses. I’d love it if should Void Paladins as they might be called happen that this gives way for a really cool looking steed. Although yeah I know…some folk are probably going ‘ew another horse mount’ but idk if it ends up a void bird I’d hope it’s a really wicked looking one and if not then not a bird

2 Likes

Both are abominations. So sayeth the Lor’themar.

1 Like

Oh dear god, I can hear the shrieks now about not another horse =p

1 Like

I was thinking this same thing, lol.

1 Like

it’s like a perfect alliance complaint storm, high elves AND horse mounts

2 Likes

I want a Warpstalker.

2 Likes

Especially since Velfs, and Belfs are High Elves themselves. Sure, their source of magic have changed them but they still speak the same language and are all related to each other, have the same culture. Even going as far as most belfs and velfs are thousands of years old now, and all come from quel’thalas - what’s the last 25 years to a being millennia old? The remaining High Elves are known to have aligned with the alliance anyway.

TL;DR Lore says they’re all different flavors of High Elves, no reason the options shouldn’t exist.

Edit: I’m not convinced of velf paladins though lore wise… Didn’t Alleria find that out the hard way?

1 Like