Void Elf or High Elf alliance paladins?

As someone that has been villainized alot of times for wanting pink hair and glowy skintones for Void Elves instead of blonde hair and blue eyes, I get you trust me I get you.

It’s why I try to be supportive of most everything others want despite me not wanting it personally like tattoos, scars, different customizations, race/class combos if they make sense, etc.

3 Likes

If I was Queen Of Blizzard, we’d all have scars and tattoo options.

Also, the male draenei short tail and the male orc blowout hairstyle would be struck from the record and never spoken of again.

3 Likes

I want scars and tattoos for Belfs but I feel like those should be obvious additions that don’t need to be asked for…

4 Likes

yeah…crapping on Velfs while he is one. I mean just because they got high elf looks does not mean they are one. If you want something that looks like one then the alliance blood elves dipped in void is your only choice and blood elves are horde’s choice for them. Sad to say but true high elves weren’t ever added just the ability to look like them… we got enough elves as is. Now a Vulpera paladin…that sounds interesting.

1 Like

And every race would have access to orange hair.

I get that some people don’t like Void Elves and wanted their high elves but I really wish folk could stop with the poopin on em. Seems really unnecessary and really doesn’t help to support their requests. Just makes em seem… rude.

Some folk will like a race and others wont. No reason to be a mean about it.

4 Likes

No pink, actually I’m not selfish like that so on second thought I’ll say pink and orange. :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I actually like void elves as a race, some cool powers honestly but it is rather sad we’re getting void elves in high elf appearance crapping on void elves as if they aren’t still one. I mean come on now… just because they look like a high elf doesn’t make they suddenly aren’t still a void elf or blood elf. More so void elves don’t get a say in if their passive triggers or not and if I recall right high elves never got charged with void or whatever goes on with blood elves.

:woman_shrugging: …okay?

Following everyone’s amazing detective work aside, here is the statement from the wiki.

Because of this, the pandaren’s replacement—the draenei—were not ready to be showcased in time for the public announcement of The Burning Crusade at BlizzCon 2005; only the new Horde race—the blood elves—was revealed, with no mention of what the Alliance race would be.
[…]
The draenei were officially unveiled as the new Alliance race at E3 2006, roughly 6 months after the announcement of The Burning Crusade,[18] but rumors persisted that the developers had originally planned to use pandaren instead. Blizzard would not confirm or deny these rumors directly until BlizzCon 2011, when Chris Metzen revealed during an interview with Direct TV that this was indeed the case.

1 Like

Ok, and how does that reflect on your opinion that they’re ugly and a worse choice?

(Only doubt I’ll give to the China story in the wiki is just that it seems to only be sourced to an artist who doesn’t mention who told them. I’m not saying it’s not very plausible, just that with it not coming from someone in charge, there’s the potential that their knowledge is more department scuttlebutt over why they’re changing things up, and not necessarily accurate info.)

Draenei still seem a much better fit for that expansion, they’re from the area we go to for the expansion, and really, if the Pandas were to go to only one faction, it should have been the horde, since you know, Chen was one of the people who helped found Orgrimmar. So Alliance only Pandas would be a bit odd that way.

3 Likes

They are sill Quel’Dorei. They are just now known as Sin’Dorei.

Nothing has changed. You are talking about Alliance and Horde, the Sin’Dorei (i.e. Renamed High Elves) align with the Horde.

Just be honest that you want to play Blood Elves on the horde side.

High Elves are walking around all over the place in Qual’thalas. They just call themselves Sin’Dorei in honor and remembrance of their fallen brethren to the scourge.

Are you keeping up with the story?

1 Like

Uhhh… Sin’Dorei literally means Blood Elf in their language?

Uhh… what? Blood elves ARE horde.

I dont want blood elves on alliance side. Im perfectly happy with my Void elf.

Are you responding to the right person?

And you should go check your facts. High elves are only allowed in quel’thalas to make their pilgrimage to the sunwell.

Thats it.

Where does it state otherwise?

False, not all High Elves would have automatically joined the Silver Covenant.

We even seen examples of non-Silver Covenant Thalassian Elves. You are making an assertion that no “High Elves” would return to Quel’Thalas and it’s false. It’s part of the reason the Blood Elves were given the blue eyes customization, to represent some of them returning.

2 Likes

I very much am.

Sin’Dorei are Quel’Dorei renamed.

When are you going to move on and keep up with the story? That’s why you are insisting on having Alliance Blood Elves.

2 Likes

Uhhh… Ive literally never said that in my life.

Im actually against blood elves being on alliance and i always have been. Ask anyone here lol. So I have no idea what youre talking about.

Im arguing FOR not having blood elves on alliance side…

Im explaining why blood elves cant/shouldnt be alliance lol

Which ones ? How about you cite it? I’ve done the questline, they are calling on the return of Quel’Thalas.

Lor’themar makes no distinction between Sin’Dorei and non-loyal or human loving “Quel’Dorei”. He says daughter (and presumably son) of Quel’Thalas, which includes all. It is only addressed to ONE Elf anyway.

1 Like

No you keep asking for them and calling them by their old name, Quel’Dorei/High Elf.

1 Like

I think youre heavily confused.

Ive never asked for high elves or blood elves on alliance… like…ever

Nor do I want them.

Literally ask anyone here. Ive always been a staunch supporter of blood elves staying horde side.

I dont want high elves either.

Im perfectly happy with my color coordinated void elf lol.

My whole argument in this thread has been based on me not wanting blood elves alliance side

Or void elf paladins.

If i wanted blood elves or high elves on this side dont you think ide make my void elf look non voidy?

Hmm it would seem like I am.

The problem is you are using tired arguments for trying to make the Blood Elves distinct from High Elves, when they are not. So now when you’re posting it’s conflated with those radical folks. I linked the video of the Nightborne questline and you’ll see Lor’themar using the term daughter of Quel’Thalas. They still say “High Home” for Silvermoon.

When you say “I don’t want High Elves”; it’s negating that High Elves already exist. I’d also add not all High Elves who did not follow Kael’thas were in Dalaran and joined the Silver Covenant. That’s the problem with tying a Human Loving faction of High Elves to them all.