Void Elf or High Elf alliance paladins?

Don’t worry, we’ll probs get another one of these threads next week
since people don’t wanna admit we already have high elves paladins, but they’re horde only. :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

1 Like

Forsake classes, embrace customizations.

Kind of want to comment but really I’d have nothing nice to say. Fair skinned natural hair colored Void elves are as good as it’s going to get. Honestly Void elves should have been Horde and Nightborne alliance. But that’s my take on the subject.

At least until the Paladin class gets proliferated to the races that currently don’t have access yet. :slight_smile:

(I’m just poking fun really, not trying to start a fight)

Of course… that assumes Blizzard actually follows through with their stated desire for race to no longer be a limiter to class. But who can say if they really will. For all we know it could go the way of the dance studio.

In truth, I expect the next class to be proliferated will be Monk, and then perhaps Shaman. Monk, because there’s only three races that don’t have it, and all three already have all the monk specific animations. And Shaman, because of the heavy elemental/Shaman themes we see in Dragonflight, with races that currently can’t be Player Shamans such as Night Elves taking a fair bit of the spotlight as enemy Primalists. I can see Shamanism spreading to the races that players don’t currently have access at the end of Dragonflight.

After that? It’s hard to say. The remaining classes all have either lore issues, asset issues, or both to contend with if Blizzard wants them to make even the slightest of sense. And Blizzard could just abandon proliferation by then.

3 Likes

I think the biggest thing keeping Void elves from having Paladins is the whole “infused by Light” Basically all Paladins are Lightforged, at least that’s what people say. Personally I remember a small exempt from a story a long while back about how a Undead Priest explains how he was able to use the Light despite his condition saying he uses “spears of light like how Uther’s Paladins did”

Actually Chronicles points out the Alliance was the one who did the Sunwell raid while the Horde have the canonical kill on Kael.

It specifically mentions “members of the Alliance and Horde”(ie us players). So while they were helping SSO, they were still members of their respective factions.

2 Likes

Honestly, I’m pretty happy with things as they are.

I’d love to see more unique customizations for void elves – hopefully for the void aspect or at the very least, voidy enough to work for both.

None of the elves are in as dire straights on classes as, say, Lightforged draenei, so I’m not too fussed about classes on 'em, though I never mind more options. (Except the pointless short tail on male draenei or that balding blowout style on male orcs but AT LEAST THE LATTER MAKES A FEW PEOPLE HAPPY.)

I have vague resentment of night elf paladins from how goofy the lore on that was, and I’m full of night elves anyway… But I wouldn’t say no to an orc paladin, for selfish reasons entirely related to wanting to play one of my RP characters on both sides.

“Game mechanics”

Just like we have void elf holy priests and lightforged draenei shadow priests

Lorewise, void elf palas would only apply to the (now concealingly canon*) 2nd generation of void elves (normal blood/high elves who are not infused with the void)

*As of DF, there’s a void elf NPC using exclusively high elf customizations, but with void elf voice lines, in the sauna area near Valdrakken

2 Likes

forsaken can use the light actually.
it just hurts them, and makes them feel “Alive”, a forsaken tried using the light once, and it was recalled that he felt the taste of rot in his mouth, the maggots in his skin, and pain from the light, the light itself also harms undeath.

like how a death coil heals an undead, the light heals the living, but can harm the opposite.

1 Like

Void Elf Paladins are easy to have make sense. Just have their abilities colored the typical blue/black of void spells and say they use the void to mimic what Paladins do. Then all the non-Void Elf npc Paladins (and the forum goers who like to taunt Void Elf players) can snub them and say they aren’t real Paladins, but grudgingly put up with them.

3 Likes

Theyd still be infused with the void
Theyre just not purple with tentacles in their hair.

1 Like

Much as I’d like that (I find using the powers of darkness for good more appealing then Light) it’ll never happen as they aren’t going to take the time to recolor spells for one race/class combo.

1 Like

Perhaps. There is no official information on this. Maybe I am wrong. We can’t really affirm or deny though that they are infused with the void until Blizzard or any dev clearly states what’s the deal with these second gen void elves

1 Like

They might.
Kul tiran and zandalari druids got unique druid forms. And every shaman race gets unique totems.

It wouldnt be the first time theyve changed visuals

1 Like

I feel safe in denying that there could ever be a void elf that is not infused with the void but is instead the embodiment of the light :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Never say never!

I really hope Arator, Alleria’s son, plays an integral part in developing the concept of void elf palas.

Name them void knights or twilight paladins. The concept is so cool imo

Maybe not for one… but what about for more than one? Know who else would make sense using void colored spells? Forsaken Paladins, Mag’har/Orc Paladins (Shadowmoon), and perhaps maybe Goblin Paladins. It doesn’t necessarily have to be just for Void Elves.

That said, if Blizzard wants to be lazy about it, they will probably just unlock the class and let players decide why their character is a Light wielding Paladin. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

There, is your answer, hun. :point_down:

I could totally see them getting the class as a void reskin. Just not a paladin of the light

That’s typically what I do for a lot of race/classes. Kind of fun to stretch the imagination, however limited mine may be.

2 Likes