Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

I disagree. On Horde, I say the Nightborne are the best. Not that I am against trolls, it is just that… I am against the Zandalari trolls…

1 Like

And you’re wrong.

Lmao but really, I do like Nightborne but they did came out very undercooked, and at the end of the day they are the NE model with a new idle.

They have improved a lot, but I do feel that the Zandalari model has brought the most overall. Players have been wanting an upright troll for ages, and more palladin options. And Zandalari have always have a very intriguing backstory, they have been a part of the lore since Vanilla.

I do like Nightborne a lot, specially currently, I just think Zandalari have brought holistically a bit more.

3 Likes

They changed the male model a bit but in the end, WoW-players are shallow beings who enjoy beautiful hourglass humans/females, as my brother loves to put it, who have no creativity or fantasy. They want to live their ideal fantasy life as themselves, being mighty, powerful and unbeatable.

Nightborne offer the mysterious regal purple-type of beauty. Highborn, cementing your own worth being untouchable. For the people who wonder what the Void Elves offer: The inversion of the Blood Elves.

1 Like

If only Nightborne males didn’t look like someone constantly let loose after eating beans then they’d objectively look like the best Horde AR to me. The females are wonderfully done imo.

But yeah I agree with Turo in that the Horde got a lot of new flavors whereas the Alliance AR are mainly different flavors.

Both are appreciated but hope to see some switcharoos going forward.

1 Like

Not going to happen as long as Ion Hazzikostas has not a Persona 5-like change of heart. He is the reason why the Alliance is in this bad shape.

Oh I don’t disagree. I just think Zandalari offered more as a whole, from an old request, a new model, to a new class combo.

I’m surprised this topic is still relevant after one megathread.

1 Like

I have to say, had the Dark Iron gone Horde, the political conflict between the Dark Iron and the Bronzebeards would have been very interesting.

Consider that Moira’s son is indeed the legitimate heir to the Bronzebeard as well as the Dark Iron thrones. So if she wanted her son to rule both, and the Bronzebeard were opposed, that would be an entirely plausible cause for war.

If peace between the Dark Iron and the Bronzebeards hadn’t happened in Cataclysm(?) and Moira returned to her father, then having the Dark Iron go Horde would have been a brilliant move in BfA to stoke the faction conflict fires. Alas the faction conflict hasn’t been more than bad joke for years now, and BfA’s "4th war’ felt very contrived.

4 Likes

It is still possible to have enemy NPCs at the Horde. A part of the Dark Iron Dwarves are upset about the peace pact. But playable DID on Horde? Never going to happen, only through a true factionless system.

Always will. People still hold out for a High Elf subrace class without the racials popping up all the time.

1 Like

Oh I know. I was just musing about what could have been had things between the Dark Iron and Bronzebeards gone another way. Perhaps BfA’s “faction war” might have seemed less contrived and a bit more interesting to me then. I wasn’t asking for DID on Horde.

2 Likes

Blizzard has already added this kind of random NPC without lore. I remember Lanesh the Steelweaver, a blue eyed blood elf from MOP, there was no in-game explanation but players were free to make their own interpretation. Today, we don’t care because blue eyes are available for blood elves. We find ourselves in the same situation except that the HE/DR customizations are already available for the void elves.

I also wish there was a lore to explain these new void elves that are different from the first generation, but I think Blizzard won’t, I believe it was said in an interview.

These details are surely not important for Blizzard.

6 Likes

There are High Elf & Blood Elf Npc’s in Telogrus Rift learning about the Void, and awhile back Danuser said in an interview that the Void Elves are expanding their numbers.

I just assume the non-void skinned Elves are recruits from High & Blood Elves that came afterwards.

Leaving it up to interpretation is nice sometimes, kind of like how a Dwarf with wildhammer tattoos can be assumed to be a Wildhammer Dwarf, Yellow Trolls are Sand Trolls, etc.

I think the only prob for some is that people still can’t be pre-void “High Elves” on Alliance.

With what Danuser proposed, you can only play a Void-Transformed Blood Elf or a Blood/High Elf that has pledged loyalty to fight for the Ren’dorei

7 Likes

We are used to interpreting with void elves.:smile:

Maybe that’s why Blizzard added these new NPCs, it’s better than nothing.

3 Likes

Blizzard is free to make their mistakes as they always have.

Hopefully Blizzard will rectify that and add the lore for these sorts of things so we can build upon the world and our understanding of it. More information is always good just as more customization is always good. It doesn’t force anyone to be anything anymore than anything else ever did.

edit:
(I’m being cheeky about the Blizzard making mistakes bit, don’t confuse my desire for this lore as anything other than my own personal desire/want.)

1 Like

I hope they change their mind, sometimes they do.:crossed_fingers:

They really should add a quest like BE and DID, it would be a good opportunity to get more lore for the void elves (new transformation ritual, new recruits…) and also their racial weapons.

2 Likes

Could just make a new race shared by both High Elves and Darkfallen

Eh I think that by parameters of self-immersion you can do whatever you can, even if you personally like to go as close as the lore as possible. You have the tools to represent whatever already existent fantasy is present, such as a Silver Covenant High Elf, a Highvale, or one of Alleria’s Rangers. Not unlike you can use a Mag’har Orc to play an Outland one.

Alliance High Elves have existed since Vanilla, they are a part of the in-game universe, so the additions to the VE model really just make possible to play a fantasy that already exists.

Of course, the issue is how divorced any of this is from any gameplay support. We have the options to fulfill that fantasy, but the game itself doesn’t acknowledge it in its text. The question will always be how much of an issue this is personally.

In which case, I would like mostly that High Elves were to continue to be addressed within the narrative, specially what their relationship is with Void Elves. Would be kinda lame if just when players can actually represent that fantasy that High Elves stop being represented in the narrative.

IMO, maybe the best way to move forward would be by having High Elves working alongside Void Elves, addressing the fact that while many have been started using the Void, many don’t, yet they still work together, much like non-afflicted Gilneans and their Worgen counterparts.

In terms specific to gameplay? I would like if you could turn off/down the effect of entropic embrace, and maybe the choice to at least change your character nomenclature to “elf”.

But if the Playable Race always remains “Void Elf”, that’s just part of the gameplay conceit. As long as we get given tools to portray another fantasy, that is more than fine for me. The recent addition of Dark Ranger skin customization really showed how few limitations the gameplay conceit actually imposes. You can have an undead elf despite that fantasy not matching the text of Blood Elves as a playable race, and even raising lore questions that haven’t been addressed (undead elven paladins) because the priority was to give players choice.

So yeah, best case scenario for me at this point would be High Elven lore continuing to develop, ideally as part of the VE narrative, and a few more tools for personal immersion such as Entropic Embrace and nomenclature.

Kinda not even bringing up customization options because I do think you can totally harken to High Elven aesthetics from a VE legacy standpoint, they share the same cultural throughline- This is to say, things as markings, warpaint and braids would make sense for a Void Elf as well, as it’s also part of their cultural heritage.

A new questline for these would be ideal NGL. The Dark Iron one wasn’t even that long, and boy we DO need some Void Elf content.

if they showed up on the trading post I wouldn’t be mad either tho.

5 Likes

This new feature makes me hope for a lot of things !
We could have recolors of the VE armor.:drooling_face:
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2022/50/2/1670946338-20221213-131008.jpg

5 Likes

We can play almost all clans, which is very good. The Mag’har Orcs are a high value player race because they have been taken care of.

:point_up_2: EE-removal and race title aren’t really necessary at this point but very welcomed, if they should ever arrive. But other races don’t have these either and what a few childish people on the forum tell isn’t really worth mentioning if it hadn’t blown this much up on the internet the past half decade.

These look actually good.

2 Likes

Oh that would be so swell. Specially for the Heritage sets that already have recolors in the game files, such as the LFD and the NB one.

That’s what I love about Mag’har orcs, you can use the to play almost every Clan that has been shown in the lore.

Yeh. It would be one of those things that would be appreciated, but really aren’t necessary. I do wish WoW kept improving in regards to customization, but that’s an overall want rather than just HE/VE specific.

5 Likes