Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

I keep seeing hints in-game for a Void/Light Expac in the future and it slightly concerns me because I wonder how it will be for Lightforged Draenei and Velves, obviously I’m sure you will be able to choose whatever side you want if it’s faction based but that will still feel weird.

4 Likes

The Horde has Blood Elves, with the whole Sunwell thing, and several races with shadow themes, with the Forsaken likely taking a front on that part. It’ll be fine.

4 Likes

I know but what I’m saying is it will be weird to have players playing as races that are inherently light/void infused in an expansion that might possibly center around choosing a side

Like having a LF Draenei pick the Void Side or a Void Elf pick the Light side idk

2 Likes

Iirc there’s a quest or NPC diaglogue with LFD and Void Elves collaborating and the LFD are somewhat impressed with the Ren’dorei’s ability to harness the Void in a similar capacity as they themselves harness the Light.

So I do see them working together to combat the Void Lords with their own respective abilities.

Alleria and Turelyon will likely rally both groups together, politically speaking.

They are also both members of the Alliance.

4 Likes

Oh! My apologies.
I’m used to that coming from another… perspective.

I’m actually excited for that.

Can I toss the bone of Arator embracing both sides into the mix, becoming the first Void Elf Paladin too?

Balance in all things.

7 Likes

Hm…that’s an interesting take. I could see it happening like that OR going the other way entirely: Light vs Void causing faction rifts and even cause Alleria and Turalyon to break apart for a while

Oh god and then I see Anduin being the uniting force bc he has darkness and light inside him wait :skull:

5 Likes

That would also be amazing to see, and I very much hope they do something along those lines for when we do indeed get Void Elf Paladins :purple_heart:

I definitely do concur with Vapyr in the desire to see Arator be the one to take up the Void, perhaps balancing it with the Light, and join the Ren’dorei, his mothers people.

6 Likes

Anyways, dropping these two in the pop culture references for hair styles bucket here (again? idk.) for us so we can get something that works for the parent and the subrace.

Blood Elves got Sephiroth.
Let us weeb out too. Later already has the whole toggle thing sorted out.

The men are in desperate need of longer hair styles in general.

7 Likes

Yes! They could definitely use more regal and anime inspired hairstyles. :purple_heart:

I’m personally obsessed with pink and blue hairstyles done up odango style, also very much drawing on anime :hugs:

5 Likes

We desperately need more hairs for all races. I also hope Velves get some unique hair assets soon like a lot of other AR got last year

8 Likes

We really need more customizations, the other BFA allied races too…

I don’t know what Blizzard is planning for the Void Elves but it’s really weird that they haven’t received the full pack like the other Legion allied races.:thinking:

11 Likes

I can’t help but feel it’s because they’re hoping to eventually do both Blood Elves and Void Elves at the same time. They’re the exact same model and skeleton, unlike Nightborne, so it’s just a no-brainer to do the race that’s the same but different “themes” at the same time next time they have some major relevancy. (Or, close to each other. Test drive a few things on one before working on the other right after.)

But that’s just tin-foil on my head.

We’re getting something eventually though. We’re the most popular allied race tied with Zandalari, different sources that track the API have us flip-flopping for the overall spot, overtaking several OG races. It’d be a waste to not give us - and Zandalari, who just started getting a trickle of stuff - proper stuff. And I don’t think anybody reasonable considers copy-pasted assets to give a subrace that should have been there since day one to be a full pass rofl.

10 Likes

I think so too, it’s obvious that void elves and blood elves will always be linked by their customizations.
They will necessarily share basic Thalassian elf stuff like the ear size option for example.

3 Likes

Makes me think (hope?) VE’s will at least be given new hairstyles and stuff like jewelry/markings when the rest of the AR’s do.

Like I can see why not new skin tones or hair colors because BE inheritance, but stuff options that can go over it and change the look.

7 Likes

I mean, they’re already hinting at sharing hairstyles across blood and void elves, much to the dismay of a certain group we all love.

Apart from blood elf hairstyles, it would be really cool to see actual new hairstyles, both “normal” and gothic/void ones.

Also, what happened to Lightcrown ? I thought she would be ecstatic to know there’s a void elf NPC with regular skin and hair colors but she just never came back.

I wonder…

6 Likes

A minority group does not matter in the grand scheme and fate has shown this. In the end, it’s a game and not a life and death situation.

From a developer’s perspective it’s make to pair the high/blood/void/etc.-elf customization together, because it’s saves on time as well and they could use assets on all the models together to some degree and save on time and money.

6 Likes

A blood elf phoenix transmo for everyone.

She is really beautiful !:heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Hmm. Hopefully females and males can switch between versions and it’s not gender locked.

1 Like

Both transmo of this armor are possible for male and female.:+1:

:grin:

10 Likes

OMG that’s beautiful I gotta get that right nowwww

4 Likes