Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

Fair enough, we can leave it at that then.

When it comes to this, I feel that any customization developed for one should be in some way applicable to the other, just not a 100% duplicate. Like I said with warpaint, different colors. Scars with magical effects following what’s appropriate for each race’s magic portfolio.

Anything Void Elves get that could be High Elven should be copied to Blood Elves and tweaked to suit them.

I believe the opposite should be held true to a degree. Take the jewelry Blood Elves have. There’s no reason Void/High Elves cannot have jewelry. Bronze bands with amethysts, and silver with sapphires. A good contrast to Blood Elves with gold and emerald, and silver and emerald.

Wait
 why doesn’t blood elf jewelry include the options for rubies? Isn’t that a no-brainer?!

2 Likes

They have some Ruby earrings :slight_smile: just not body jewelry or necklaces

2 Likes

This IS a duplicate. Worse, one duplicate that to add insult to injury, limits the players since the start in the color availability.

Create a different design, keep the color availability, easy. At the end we both get both uniqueness AND more options to choose from.

Jewerly, like scars and tattoos as a general idea, are NOT exclusive cultural features for ANY race. HOW they are designed and HOW they look IS the actual uniqueness they can provide. And depending on the lore background of the races, these become more or less relevant.

Jewerly gems should come in ALL the gameplay colors if only to well
 reflect the craft profession? And for races with ESPECIAL bonds related to jewerly -like the Draenei- UNIQUE design effects should be implemented (like idk
 jewels that change from blue to purple, etc.).

All the races got their own versions of jewerly, i donÂŽt see the point in trying to limit the colors. The only thing that should vary is the style of the design.

I’ll take navel jewelry. :yum: :yum: :yum:

2 Likes

But that’s so dumb! Rubies are such a Blood Elf thing! This actually upsets me
 Its been ages since I’ve played a Blood Elf and I usually play males, but still!

4 Likes

thats rubbish and peer laziness on their part swtor managed to add color wheel for the guild emblems and most mmos have them by now or they could just do the swtor route and add armor dyes and they can be crafted with tailoring and sold on ah for gold . Then they would just have to add a dye slot to the tmog window .

2 Likes

IÂŽll respectfully PASS from it (I mean IÂŽm old school rogue tmog, and no slutmogs means NO chance to exhibit the jewerly).

Also thinking about my toon getting killed cause her “navel jewerly” got stuck on the spikes of the monster she was murdering breaks my suspension of belief quite easily.

Pink fur btw
 my pink Pally Sunwalker when?

1 Like

I support pink hair color options for all races, so hopefully soon. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

1 Like

They should make void elf jewelry match the wings of the heritage armor and have it be with deep purples and blues and gold imo with the stars , then do same for nightborne with their silvery pale purple n galaxy stars .

6 Likes

I think amethysts, rubies, sapphires, emeralds, and diamonds should be in all jewelry for all races personally. They are like, bare minimum for gems.

6 Likes

You actually get a like from me because both of those sound absolutely fabulous.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree, but where races like Void Elves and Blood Elves are so similar, and people get up in arms about it, I do think trying to keep some differences, which reflect the culture, can help. It’s not ideal, but at this point I do want to ask for something for people who are afraid of things being too similar, no matter how small it is.

3 Likes

you never researched why Belf fans complained over a poor customization pass?

In the wake of Velves getting access to ALL kinds of hair colorations, frankly to continue to limit races by hair colors is moot. ALL races should be able to use whatever color they want, if only to deliver fairness for ALL players regardless of their racial preference.

Oh, look!!! finally decided to stop with the temper tantrum? Good for you, I was worried you were gonna eventually hurt yourself (emotional attacks are NOT easy on the body).

I have a better response for you: why only deep purples, why not ALL the colors?

Jewerly is NO “special cultural” feature for Velves, so why would they limit themselves on it? Makes no sense.

The craft profession colors I say (I mean, jewel crafters exist in ALL the races?)

Jewerly is NOT a reflective part of Belf culture. No seriously, if the NPCs use it is because it looks pretty, NOT because it has some special meaning. Velves can even make an argument and win about them deserving the phoenix motiff and they will win, after all they ARE former Belves.

Jewerly is NOT the way to differentiate between both races. Maybe the designs used on it can be different, but the jewerly and the colors of the gems per se deffinittely NOT.

I would support this as well but I don’t think Blizzard will ever do it but it still has my full support to happen.

2 Likes

I do agree that racial distinction is super important. I see where you’re going with these suggestions. I just don’t feel like changing jewelry colors is enough to keep distinction alive, ya know? With a Void Elf now being able to look identical to a Blood Elf, one having a Ruby necklace and one having a sapphire necklace doesn’t scream distinction to me.

I think the lines are just becoming more and more blurred. Makes me sad but it is what it is.

3 Likes

I don’t see any negatives to that. More stuff is good. Great idea!

6 Likes

Not all “pro-belfers” want things at the detriment of void elf players.
Wanting to prevent people from choosing their desired hair color and hiding behind weird personal race preservation excuses does not make you a “pro-belfer”, it just makes you unnecessary.

4 Likes

i wish i could do a cool 3d concept art of the ideas but i suck at drawing so

1 Like

They are literally Blood Elves.

Quel’dorei pre becoming Sin’dorei - Shared story.
Quel’dorei post Vanilla Wow - Sided with the Alliance
Sin’dorei = Did Blood Elf stuff.
Ren’dorei = Were Sin’dorei. Then got all tentacled up. Not in the fun way.

That doesn’t sound like a very valuable or mentally stable use of your time

What do you think this thread is? The Void Elf / High Elf customization thread.

If you meant what you said you wouldn’t even be here, you’d be off picketing some other thread to try to keep
 some other person that wants to look the way they want to look in a video game out?

4 Likes