Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

When you are the bottom of the barrel already you deserve to come first so sorry but I have to disagree with you here.

I will agree here but what I just said still stands firm on some races before others.

2 Likes

That’s blizzards fault.

Not some players.

No one should be first. Blizzard should equalize and expand everyone. Finish what they started and actually seriously treat us like they give a… Lot more than they do.

12 Likes

I never said that it’s not.

I also never said that it is.

I still have to disagree here because although this character is my main and always has been since I first started playing I’d rank more Blood Elf customization near the bottom of a list due to us having more than a lot of other races.

The rest of this I can somewhat agree or agree with.

2 Likes

Never said you did.

Also never said you did.

Both of these were to give context to why I don’t see it as sensible to put races in lines for no reason.

It doesn’t matter how much any one race has gotten at this point. You go down that road and it will never end. The only way to fix that is to equalize everyone at the same time and then expand from there.

Blizzards current expansion they’ve announced for 9.1.5 is paltry and meaningless in the grand scheme of their customizations debacle. They messed it up from day one by clearly not having any real plan on how to add customization and what the delineating factors would be.

Humans and Night Elves have scars for example but humans are tied to specific faces, and Night Elves just have them for use.

LFD and Draenei having the same model and tail options being added for one and not the other.

All of it screams that they’re not trying and this little toss of some more toys at us is just a continuation of that. They don’t care, and they’re not being serious.

This isn’t a win.

Its a minor benefit at best.

(all that said I respect that you see it differently)

5 Likes

In any event I am really glad to see LFD and Nightborne slated for more customizations, as they were definitely severely lacking.

Hopefully their options are just as impactful, if not more than Void Elves as lorewise I really do love both races, I just couldn’t commit to playing one all the way through, especially LFD, as I have at least maxed one NB so far.

I’m also hoping that HMT will also get something really soon.

Ear sliders for Void Elves are great, and while they are great I would love to see at least some new haircolors come into play, as even if its not in the next patch, customizations are at least back on the table and are a step in the right direction :hugs:

20 Likes

It’ll be nice to finally have a long tail on my LFD…

HMT really deserve some more options. Nothing about them is bad, just they’re so barebones customization wise.

Nightborne need help… that goes without saying. I doubt it’ll be everything everyone wants though. T_T

9 Likes

That will be really nice when the time comes, I have liked and like a lot of what you post for Void Elves and well my main vote for hair colors for Void Elves as well as any other race will always be pink so I hope that’s at least one of them eventually. :yum: :yum: :yum:

6 Likes

In the post they said they would be looking into them next.

We should keep our expectations low. I am not giving them the benefit of the doubt only to be disappointed again.

Though they are in full PR mode so who knows.

Anyone have that “About damn time” gif from Starcraft? I think it applies.

9 Likes

6 Likes

Thank you.

4 Likes

But to get to the point when things get equalized, they need to start by adding to those that are missing the most and then build up from there.

5 Likes

Round and round it goes from there.

Equallize all of em then build out. By necessity that would mean nightborne and other less equipped races would get a great deal more overall than others.

1 Like

That’s not how it works.

If you have 12 glasses, and only two are near full, while the rest have half or even an inch of water, you add water to the ones that are missing first… and then work on getting the content of all 12 in a bigger container.

4 Likes

My sub ends tomorrow. I enjoyed all of our conversations even though there were some conflicts. Whether you’re for or against the suggestions in this thread, please keep it alive and do the same for the other customization request threads. Unfortunately, the story has not been going in a logical direction which makes it difficult to support. I may return in the future depending on if things are fixed and what content is added. I will miss you all.

6 Likes

Thank goodness. We finally got more Options for Void Elves.

2 Likes

This aged beautifully.

9 Likes

To be fair though they lost so many of their playerbase due to recent events and lost a lot of good faith. It’s good to see them starting to prioritize what a lot of the playerbase have been asking for.

17 Likes

My ideas for the Void Elfs

Ears size
Hair Colors (Black, gray and white, please blizz)
Activate or deactivate Entropic Embrace (and be able to add more colors for it for example: pink, purple, red, black,…)
To be able to put or remove the tentacles in the hair that has them.
Greater amount of beards.
More variety of eye colors: violets, grays, whites, pinks and greens (the first Void Elfs are Sin’dorei!)
To be able to choose that the eyes are illuminated or that they have lobe.
Tattoos (Alleria cof cof)
For all races, choose the eye color for each eye, there are people who have heterochromia.

10 Likes

I disagree.

This isn’t glasses of water.

Equalize all of them. Expand each by specific criteria designed around what the race is and represents.

Too many things are missing.

We don’t have to agree. That is just my view of it.

Farewell.

Hope Wow gets to a place where we can all feel good about it again.

Is that what this is?

Its a paltry sum. Fixing up races they should have from the beginning?

Blizzard needs to put far more effort to buy back my goodwill.

2 Likes

Nothing they put in the game is going to make up for the horrible stuff that was(/is?) happening at Blizzard.

But it’s clear that’s what this, an attempt anyway. It’s sad that it took recent events for them to reverse their stance on something like customizations. But I’m all for more things that show Blizzard heeling.

3 Likes