Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

I just want my void elf to be able to be a paladin.

I am not sure why they can’t but I’m hoping Bliz will allow this one day.

Could you explain lorewise how that statement from Danuser conveys any actual information at all?

5 Likes

Yes…

Nothing I said indicates otherwise.

In the canon we have, Void elves are only of the group associated with Umbric.

Danuser says a lot of nothing there. He does not say if they’re becoming void elves just that they’re not turning people away.

He’s covering his bases because they don’t have an answer… otherwise he’d have actually answered the question.

You’re still left, even if he did mean that vague dodge speak as an answer with no Void elves in the canon having even the natural skin tones much less natural hair that even players don’t have access to.

And no, Alleria’s path until stated otherwise requires a hell of a lot of time that has not passed, as well as a significant infusion of Void essence to accomplish all its own.

Shes unique in the Lore. There is no lore to support anyone else doing it much less completing the process.

Like I said, and have many times, butchering the lore to fit your needs isn’t needed. Its enough that you want to look like a High elf… stop devaluing whats actually here.

You haven’t explained anywhere where the lore shows Void Elves canonically having natural skin or hair. Nor do you have any lore that says that anyone has followed Alleria’s path. (And they definitely didn’t go the route Umbric and his followers did.)

I’m not a fan of that myself (for the most part) but the main reason they didn’t is because Paladins don’t really fit a race based on the Void.

This… People are reading way more into it than what is actually there.

And that is ignoring that it was just a Blizzard “I don’t actually know but I don’t want to say anything concrete one way or the other” response.

1 Like

Natural hair color and skin tones don’t go against the lore.
Hair dye does exist, whether you like it or not.
Even still, hair dye wouldn’t be necessary.

As mentioned in the OP, there are other cosmic force infused races that don’t undergo any mutations other than their eyes.

Even Alleria didn’t have any changes outside of her Entropic Embrace, and her undergoing a different process doesn’t matter. She went into Entropic Embrace the moment after consuming the Void Naaru, and isn’t shown to be able to go back into her normal form until we meet her again later.

Nothing says a Void Elf couldn’t do as she did, learning how to suppress the Void energy within them to return to their normal appearance outside of their eyes. There’s also nothing to say some Void Elves haven’t already learned to do this, or that those playing normal skin-toned Void Elves have even going through a deep enough infusion for changes to occur.

6 Likes

It’s not supported by the lore either, so it’s a wash.

Or anything else you mentioned. While I can’t point out a hard and fast “This is why you can’t” You can’t point out where the lore says that it needs to happen or even can happen.

6 Likes

Or that it has happened in most cases.

We both know full well that until Blizzard applies hair dye to every race this isn’t a part of the debate. Its a whole other thing. As it stands at this moment hair color is dependent on your race even if some have similar or exact same haircolors.

2 Likes

It just seems like such a pointless fight to get into, none of us have any sort of confirmation about whether our stance has any backing. So why get into a back and forth trying to prove something none of us can know?

5 Likes

No. You are a void elf. Not a blood elf. You do not get to be horde while playing alliance.

5 Likes

That is the thing. I can’t explain it, because neither can you. The lore shows that only a small group undergone some transformation. The lore does not show it was the void that transformed them, but the Void Etherals.

Lets put it this way, where does it say in the lore that future Void Elves have to be blueberry pies? Where does it say in the lore that Fair Skin, Natural Hair colours, etc, all that, goes against a Void Elf?

Ok, it is all just customisations at the moment. As Ely has stated, they want to give everybody the chance to play a High Elf via the Horde or Alliance, but they have only provided the available customisations for now. Even Ion has quoted, customisations are an ongoing process, they are never completely done.

But the thing I noticed with you Fezzy, along with all you Anti’s, it is all about making sure Alliance never does get the High Elves that Alliance had all along since the beginning. Blizzard offers this solution instead of adding a 3rd playable race with the same model, so, Anti’s are here to argue like always.

If people here are upset with the model, then lets request to change the model. I thought the concept arts from the original High Elf threads on the model was a good concept, why don’t we go with that? Change a bit of the animations too so we have a different idle animation too.

But no, Anti’s aren’t happy with that either, because it is giving the Alliance the High Elves.

2 Likes

Nether-Prince Durzaan: My people were reshaped by the void. Stripped of the limitations of flesh. We offer you the same gift.

Nether-Prince Durzaan: The void will transform you… awaken what you were meant to be.

Alleria Windrunner : High King Wrynn, $p and I found the sin’dorei exiles. Like me, they have been changed by the void–but their hearts and minds remain their own.

3 Likes

Honestly, with the adding of the skin tones as purely an RP tool, lore justification just doesn’t matter anymore. If the skin colors are not canon, but still available as an RP tool, then there’s no logical (not emotional) reason why natural hair colors cannot be made available as an RP tool as well.

10 Likes

Agreed, none of us can out lore or logic the other position as it’s all preferences and emotions. It’s kinda been nice that it’s been quiet lately, although the probable cause for that is anything but. It just gets into a circular argument and never goes anywhere.

Oh, and thanks for the like on my post the other day, it’s always appreciated to get some back up from your side when people are bringing things into this that don’t belong.

8 Likes

I like posts I agree with. :slight_smile: Just because we may want different things on this one particular issue, doesn’t mean I won’t give a like where I feel it’s due!

4 Likes

Exactly, I kinda like this topic even if I’m not as invested in the stakes as others just because it is an outlet for arguing that I’m not forward enough to do face to face with people, and it’s not something that has any real importance, so it’s not something that’s going to trigger stronger emotions as more serious topics.

While the quiet has been nice, it’s also ended up with me getting dragged into a few not so detached arguments here in the forum, so maybe I should start some trouble here :innocent:

3 Likes

I get the “quiet” lately, for a number of reasons, not just the recent thing with the investigation. I’m actually not even supposed to be here since I had intended to be on hiatus right now, but then of course the last piece of Dreadnaught I needed to finish the set showed up on the BMAH a few days after my sub ran out. So of course I had to pop a token to be able to bid on it (and win!).

So now that I have my full Dreadnaught set, once my game time runs out I’ll be taking a break until there’s content added that I actually enjoy doing, that feels worth doing, but doesn’t feel mandatory. A tough order considering how Blizzard has been designing the game. I’m not confident that 9.2 will provide enough incentive for me to resub, and who knows if there will be a 9.3.

5 Likes

I’m horrible, I resubbed for 9.1 since I had played basically once this expansion, and I figured since I bought it I should actually try it. But here I am basically having stopped the week we did something stupid, but rescued the Primus. I don’t have much problem with the content, for my playstyle it’s basically wow as it always is, but just not into the story and not particularly motivated to start any game lately.

Hell, I’ve got a vr headset, just got a HOTAS and set up the Tie Fighter Total Conversion for X-Wing Alliance and I still haven’t fired that up either, and yet here I am jousting at forum posts.

1 Like

For me… it’s not that I think Shadowlands is a bad expansion, or that 9.1 is a bad content patch. It’s more that it’s not particularly good for me. More systems upon systems, extreme time-gating on what would otherwise be an interesting story to follow (imo), more “fill the bar” nonsense, customization abandoned for the rest of the xpac, more tedium. It’s just not something I want to play right now.

I don’t raid anymore. Heck I only do LFR once to see the story because even LFR is too much of a slog these days.

I don’t pvp anymore, and even if I did, I wouldn’t do rated pvp, which means no worthwhile rewards for doing it.

I don’t run mythic+ much anymore, and haven’t enjoyed it much since they changed it in BfA. I loved mythic+ in Legion, but it’s been downhill since imo.

The devs notion of “alt friendliness” is laughable when you consider they keep adding more systems/borrowed power that isn’t account wide.

Torghast was ok at first but is just a hard pass for me at this point, especially with the changes/scoring system added. I got the mount from twisting corridors, I don’t want to do more. That means no higher ranked legendary. I’m just not interested in the hoops required.

Looking at what 9.1 has to offer, I’m honestly questioning if 9.2 or 9.3 will have anything of value to bring me back if this is what the devs think is a good use of seven months. They waste so much time and resources making more systems, that they inevitably need to waste more time and resources to fix, only to abandon them, instead of making more quests, more dungeons, more things to do, that I want to do, that feel worth doing, but don’t feel mandatory.

I’m just not the audience the game is being designed for anymore, and that makes me sad. :frowning:

6 Likes

For me, some of it is story beats building off things I did not enjoy from the past, but mainly, I think I’m just burning out on the mmo genre in general.

2 Likes

Burnout on WoW could be part of my issue too, but I’m still finding FFXIV enjoyable so I can’t say for certain I’m burnt out on the MMO genre as a whole yet. I think what makes FFXIV feel good to me is that, there’s consistently stuff I want to do, that feels worth doing, but doesn’t feel mandatory, added to the game with each content patch.

And since I’ve played FFXIV for several years, and through multiple expansions, I feel that Square Enix has been consistent. They stick to a fairly predictable formula (some variance but not too much!). I have a general idea of what to expect from each expansion and each content patch in that expansion. So far Square Enix hasn’t disappointed me. I get pretty much what I’m expecting to get and have yet to feel let down.

With WoW, it’s a roll of the dice. My guildies and I joke that Shadowlands seems to have been designed with a dartboard picking ideas at random, and some of these design decisions don’t even try to hide the fact that they are made specifically to stretch out the content.

I just couldn’t get into it, but for me at least for the most part mmorpgs all scratch the same type of itch, and I don’t need too many games that are that big of a time sink, and I’m a bit grumpy and not a fan of the “Well when you get to X Level then it starts getting good” especially when it feels that similar to me. Glad you’re enjoying it, I just tend to need something from another genre when I’m feeling burnt with a mmo.

Also, I propose again that while we’re in limbo with no new elf related news, we should just treat these as lounge threads, this is so pleasant, and I think we’re on argument reruns with the actual topic right now.

4 Likes