Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

What does that have to do with the Story? The right now of Shadowlands or are you going to continue to do the same pointless Anti we think Dwarves, and Humans with Elves boring argument. Because to me that’s getting dull coming from you guys.

1 Like

Actually shes saying that the story of the High Elves became the Blood Elves and that was interesting rather than the same old same old you find in High Elves who didn’t…

Whatever side of this you’re on thats really not wrong. Alliance side High Elves aren’t really any different than what you’d find in any other fantasy setting for elves.

Blood Elves took that concept and gave it a darker turn at least back in TBC. Though if Blizzard would like to ever circle back to that I imagine most players (of Blood Elves) would not mind at all.

5 Likes

Everything to do in the thread made to talk about a certain race of elves that got to exist inside the aforementioned story.

You complained about Blizzard “focusing in pointless plots” instead of “bringing anything fun or unique that the fans asked for like basically long time request”. And that buddy, in the Helfer thread, reads quite basically as “why is Blizz wasting time with Shadowlands instead of implementing the “unique and interesting” High Elves we have been demanding since Vanilla launch?”.

I just pointed out how those “High Elves” are NOT unique -like at all… they are the average way people uses them in fantasy franchises-. And yes they ARE boring when the most they can achieve in the story is to pat themselves in the back because of how “awesome” they are.

Also, you guys need to invest more time in actually paying attention to the current story instead of staying with you nose so far up the High Elf concept… cause while the execution is legitimately horrendous, I´m starting to see some hints to an actual “Campbellian monomyth” in SL´s narrative for the playable characters.

To put it in perspective, before this expac all the other expacs were basically the PC playing glorified babysitter / fireman and he/she preventing bad stuff from happening -mantaining the status quo-. The “neutral menace plots” always had a cosmical menace harrasing Azeroth, then the “heroes” of Azeroth dedicating some months to easily stop it and then back to status quo… only the flavor changed but the story has been the same since Vanilla and that plot got quite old after 15 years of repeating it ad nauseaum. Then the devs believed cracking tribalism up to 11 with “faction war plots” was the solution and oh boy, such a BIG mistake (cause a “war” that can never had a winner nor a loser is no interesting story, is just trying to suspend the belief of the players infinitely with no actual gain in sight).

The Campbellian monomyth is NOT about “saving the day” in it´s most basic sense, it´s about inner growth and balance and how that inner growth can and MUST be shared, so not only the hero evolves but the collective around him does. And only until Shadowlands we are starting to learn more metaphysical stuff surrounding the mortal races, not simply runing away to “stop” generil evil No. 2464164165 (and that´s why the “fireman” part around Zooval is so dull, cause it doesn´t match the actual severity of the consequences implied in the narrative. That´s why the important part around the Sylvanas cinematic wasn´t even her regaining part of her soul, it is about that permanent ??? mark surrounding the whole First Ones and Sepulcher stuff. The important stuff is about why the cosmos decided that a trial period is good enough to qualify the actual EONS of existence after mortals die).

The problem with Shadowlands is that such metaphysical and philosophical questions aren´t exactly easy to implement for something as material as a game… the result IS vagueness and players HATE when they can´t learn all the bits of the story in 5 minutes.

It depends in two things:

1. How every person interpreted the Belves inside the story (we have people that merely looked at them as “edgelords” and some like myself that looked at them as actual “faulty” people with huge narrative potential).

2. How the first point influences the implementation of the “darker turn”. One could argue the Velves were in a way a “return” to TBC Belves, but I´d say this would only work for the people that looked at them TBC Belves as nothing but edgelords for the sake of edgelording and liked them thanks to mere physical appearance (cause poor Velves aren´t allowed to aknowledge mistakes nor faults after joining the Alliance and becoming playable… and in that sense, they aren´t terribly different from the Helf artificial bubble and the boring “we are PeRfEcT” concept overdone in every fantasy story around the corner).

I´d say the Belves NEVER stopped being those “Darker” beings they were since TBC (I mean they were just fine with kicking the Nelves on their own turf for monetary / political reasons in the WoT, it was just business for them. They had NO problem seizing the Dark Animus even after the Shadopan warned them of the risks involved and so on), they just suffer from overexposition of their more “tame” characters like Liadrin or Lor´themar himself. But the race as a whole is waaay far from being goodie little two shoes Light worshippers who cannot do any wrong, noi, the Belves ALWAYS end up paying for their mistakes, and the narrative isn´t shy to portray this.

2 Likes

No thanks.

1 Like

I´m confused… is your post in regards to my post or in regards to OP´s?

OP. He wants to play a Blood Elf on the Alliance.

3 Likes

That I won´t contest… the fact he wants DH says it all tbqh.

Nothing is more anathema to “High Elves” than Demon Hunters.

Best of luck to you. I am not happy with the way this company and game’s direction is going, but I am still playing TBC and still fighting for QoL changes in the forum down there.

I do respect other people’s decision in leaving and yet respect others for staying, because it’s all something we love and played for many years and supportive of this franchise. Just hope that Blizzard gets it together and remove any senior devs that are troublesome and change the direction for the company to make it a healthier place.

“Please, give me back the World of Warcraft/Zootopia I love.”

―Gazelle

6 Likes

I’m not sure what to do. I’ve played WOW for years, but I’ve had no desire to play as of late. The poor writing and constant retcons are starting to ware on me. The lore, world, and characters was the main thing that kept invested over the years. This combined with Blizzards recently unearthed misconduct has killed the little bit of continued interest I had. But a part of my does not want to leave, because I hate change. What do y’all think I should do?

The only thing I have been playing is TBC Classic. The direction WoW has gone has gone in a bad direction. Not just the story, but the game play as well. Like, I have lost interest in retail, because the direction it has gone hasn’t even improved the experience for me.

6 Likes

It’s not an opinion when it is the races theme.

.5/10 for the troll post btw.

2 Likes

If SL ends with 9.2, and next expansion is last with no updates, I am gonna be real. I won’t feel bitter at people in here whether it’s anti or pro, but bitter that this would be last and we have nothing to agree or disagree on after 6 years of argument. Whether it went extremely sour or not.

With that said, Pyromancers expression of being loyal and loving this game after all these years of leading it to this way really hurt me hard too

3 Likes

So, you’re saying a race theme is based on a colour.

How on earth did you come to that logic?

5 Likes

I’m saying the race is themed on the void, an un-natural force that currupts, mutates, and if it can, consume things. You continue to ignore the part of “currupting” and “mutate” others states to you as reasons and themes of the race.

2 Likes

Void elves theme is Void.

They study it, they take it into themselves, they become void elves.

Why are you relegating that to a color?

4 Likes

I think sara needs another taste of voidberg. :grinning:

1 Like

Those who desire to see Voidberg can find him in my thread. I believe OP linked to it in the OP.

Given the main focus of this thread being on high elf options more than void ones I’ll refrain from posting him here for now.

I will not just sit here and ignore someone reducing my beloved void elves to a simple color though.

We are far more than that and I do not see how someone could take your viewpoint and come to that basic assumption that we amount to a color.

1 Like

Right… So please you too, explain then how natural hair colours such as Blonde then wouldn’t make any sense, “lorewise”.

1 Like

All void elves in lore and game are blue skinned. (Excepting one, Alleria, who is unique.)

Blizzard hasn’t yet added natural skinned ones despite giving us, players, the option… Which they’ve said was to allow for RP options.

Explain lorewise where natural hair colors make sense?

You have two steps of lore to get through.

First being that we don’t have canonical natural skin void elves yet, despite getting it as an option and second why natural hair colors which haven’t been added make sense in the lore.

Look, ask for what you want to see sure but don’t make weird takes about lore that doesn’t exist and don’t devalue void elves for your own personal desire.

We are not a color.

1 Like

First of all, and you should know this, only Umbric and his followers were the only ones transformed by Void Etherals, but didn’t go through the full transformation after Alleria interupted there transformation.

Second of all:

There’s just one question: If they come from a small group of Silvermoon Exiles, how are they an Allied Race? Where do the numbers come from?

“They start out as a small group,” Danuser continues. “But it’s natural as other elves have found out about them — elves who are interested in new sources of magic, power, or opportunities — would see if they could undergo a similar process. They’re not … recruiting , necessarily, but they’re open to those who show a similar interest.”

So, explain lorewise how natural hair colours does not work for a Void Elf?

2 Likes