Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

Blizzard hasn’t made any crystal clear statements for some time. Its what you get out of it that leads you down such paths.

They billed it as a feature of an expansion… They effectively and literally promised Shadowlands would feature new customizations. Then they waffled and delivered the bare minimum before the expansion even dropped. They lied.

It’d be like saying we’re going to the shadowlands then in the prepatch going to one zone and the entire actual expansion deals with anywhere but the Shadowlands.

They did and they’ve done so before. Features abandoned like that are abandoned features and they deserve no excuses to be made for them for such.

They made a statement then lied about that statement then said they never made that statement.

This is a feature of the expansion. More will come later. More will not come in Shadowlands.

They lied dude. Sorry.

Blizzard is at fault for all of it.

Its a expansion feature that a great deal of people bought into the expansion for. Then they abandoned it after it was no longer possible for people to back out.

They lied. The fault is theirs. Theirs alone.

Fair enough.

4 Likes

Heh, you won that fight fen. You are right blizz shouldn’t get excused for abandoning their promises.

Just like someone should accept he is wrong about a certain time magic user that had been slated in the game via quest text that her time magic is on par, or greater then the bronze dragon flight.

2 Likes

He didn’t win that fight, and regardless we are done arguing over it since it was pointless.
You should do the same, since you’re wrong as I explained and it’s also pointless to debate over.
Agree to disagree, that’s what arguing in good faith is.

5 Likes

I think we ended more on a agree to disagree…

I also don’t see it as a fight where there need be a winner or not.

This though. Yes.

They should be held accountable for dropping things.

Players shouldn’t be held accountable for bad decisions blizzard makes.

4 Likes

So much so she was able to avoid her own death!

Oh, wait.

1 Like

:eyes: :popcorn:

/chars

Use <
Followed by a >

And put characters within it. It’ll dissappear in the final.

<. characters>

But without the period there

I was just in the process of explaining that, you beat me to it.

3 Likes

I think the only thing I’d like to point out throughout that whole discussion is that the Bronze Flight (I can’t remember which one) said the heroes of Azeroth have a tendency and ability to upset the immutable timeline.

Whatever tie we have binding us to Azeroth let’s us overwrite what is meant to be in small bits.

Whatever Elisandre saw may have been true. Until we got involved.

2 Likes

Is there ever a day where you are not toxic Greatbae? Telling people to go seek help, be a man, all that, is just immature. Just because you disagree with something, and like to ignore what the devs have also said, doesn’t warrant for that kind of behaviour.

5 Likes

Honestly I would make every character of mine a Void elf if these were added (along with the new customization options). I don’t like VE as a priest because playing holy sucks with entropic embrace, and the racial ability is so bloody annoying to use I just don’t have it on my bars.

Also +100 to all your other points, I would love to see all these options included in some way or another for VE and BE. They both deserve love.

1 Like

There is always the option to work a more commonly used spell in your rotation into a macro that autocancels EE.

Helps for some.

Honestly I never find a time where its been useful in general. I very much agree with Lore that it should be changed.

Though I’d like something more like the DID mole machine racial. Have us able to find areas steeped in the Void across Azeroth and other such places where we can open doorways to…

Now I think on it it’d be neat if there was a chance on using it to find ourselves someplace within the Void where we’d have to fight off the void trying to take us.

2 Likes

Maybe before my sub runs out I’ll work on creating a concept for something similar to what you’re thinking of. I’ll see what I can do.

2 Likes

I thought EE was a passive racial and can’t be placed on the bars. But honestly, I would like to see more options to be added with the racial ability, whether through toggle or through customisations.

Doing both is the obvious solution to me.
Turn it into a toggle similar to the Worgen transformation ability, and let us customize it as well.
The bonus it provides doesn’t even need to be changed. As far as I’ve experienced, the buff is already always active during combat because of how high the proc rate is. Making it a permanent buff when enabled wouldn’t really impact anything.

3 Likes

The second parts talking about Spatial Rift.

Oh. In that case, I agree that Spectral Rift is pretty much useless.

1 Like

Iirc, it was said or suggested in game that her visions were manipulated by the Legion to make her believe she was going to win and thus convince her to ally with them.

Anyone in Azeroth with enough power can change the timeline, nothing special about the “heroes” of Azeroth, who I believe aren’t even canon.

It’s a great PVP skill though. It can help you confuse your foes in the most funny ways lol

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised but it sounds more like a cop out when they’ve already got lore saying we’re special. Especially from Legion onward.

It was back during the late Vanilla that one of the bronze drakes claims this of us I believe. (During the Ahn’Qiraj lead up I think.)

Blizzard has always been wishy washy on when and if players are considered canon. Often going back on it one day then affirming it another.

Its still a likely possibility regardless.

Oh, I hate it when we get treated in the game as if we’re special, or the hero that saved Azeroth, or what not.

2 Likes