Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

For starters, you DID try to gatekeep “jewel” colors between the two races… I wasn´t the only one to notice. As a matter of fact other two posters aknowledged this first than myself (in other words: thanks but no thanks, I´ll take my jewerly in every color available for 10k, Jim).

Second you are NOT supposed to infer anything, simply look at what they are. and what they are is err… regular Blood elf Blood Knights? You know, the group under the direct management of Rommath, Astalor and Co. who were seen practicing with their cute Anima Golems in Talador as per WoD?

I mean, sorry to burst your bubble, but the word “sanguine” is NOT “San´layn” exclusive. Several Blood elf NPCs had their names changed to reflect some similarity with the “Blood” motiff without this literaly meaning they are ex-scourge. Champion Bloodvalor comes to mind. Astalor BLOODSWORN especially comes to mind. Vaalera SANGUINAR (for as much as I hate that pest).

See?

The knowledge the Belves got about Blood Magic is NOT related to necromancy, is literally related to them having the blood of a titan construct to play with, nothing more and nothing less.

3 Likes

You clearly dont know what gatekeeping means, and probably shouldnt be using that term.

If anything i suggested more options for blood elves. Which, isn’t even the antithesis of gatekeeping but i assume thats what you mean, weird take.

2 Likes

I mean absolutely no offense to anyone by this…

But I’m starting to think that Magnificent and Lore are like… The mirror universe versions of each other.

which one has the goatee

1 Like

is that a community reference?

I’m not pop culture aware enough to make those.

Y’all should genuinely be amazed I can even function on a computer.

oh… cause that would have been cool

2 Likes

Say yes, Mag is amazing. :wink: :wink: :wink:

2 Likes

I just saw a void elf priest with the naaru staff.

In shadow form.

With pink skin. Feels like a complete waste.

2 Likes

Oh no, i´m perfectly aware of the actual REAL connotations of that word, I´m just misusing it in the same way some of the err… “pros” have been misusing it to complain about us “evul” antis (cause you know… actually being in favor of keeping some modicum of differences aesthetically wise is “criminal and gatekeeping” in this thread).

More seriously, the way you worded that post WAS limiting to the jewelcrafting options, by proxy of mentioning the red color in a niche. I mean, we already have red jewels in the earring department, no need to say only red and green and yellow. The way I see it jewelry should go in all colors, period. Jewels are simply that: jewels. Nothing cultural about it, especially in regards to actual loreand much less in regards to Belf lore.

Well, tbf most players don´t give a rat´s behind over actual lore coherence… they just pick the tmog pieces that look better as a combination on their eyes.

3 Likes

I think the pvp version is a Dark Naaru staff… Can’t remember.

1 Like

The first thread was pretty confrontational and honestly felt like it was created with bad faith. It was a, “Void Elves should get all of Blood Elf options and everyone should love this highly requested thing!” Sort of thread. When Blood Elf players came in to oppose that, we were quickly labeled things like narcissists and selfish, etc.

This thread was only adding gasoline to a fire that already existed and I think OP knew that.

Division continued when things got personal. There were name leaks, screenshots being shared, people’s Alts being found, etc. There was a lot of mocking and teasing. I’ve had people tell me they don’t want to talk to me or don’t have to be friendly with me just because of my opinions on customization.

About 48 hours ago, the thread was edited for the 21st time to become a legitimate request thread. I think this was done in good faith due to the popularity of the thread, but that doesn’t erase the original nature of the first post. The original, to me, felt very… bait-like.

Things are getting better but. Too much mockery has already happened and sides have already been split off with a line drawn in the sand. :woman_shrugging:t2:

8 Likes

I like your new mog.

1 Like

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes: thank you! Haven’t changed it in a very long time.

1 Like

Paladins serving what god? Certainly not the Light…so what, Paladins of some Void God?

2 Likes

Canonically what you have is a group that is almost extinct “the remnants of the remnants of a fallen race”. Unless Night of the Dragon has been de-canonized that’s what you have.

3 Likes

Pretty sure a “nation” also needs a particular territory they call their own.

And that’s Quel’thalas…

6 Likes

I absolutely think they need to include some context about how the loss of the night well has changed the Nightbourne.

2 Likes

So your going to ignore the fact he specifically mentions blood elves and refers to them and ignores the void elf segment of the quiestion? You are reaching neco.

I disagree, there is allot alliance players that would be upset of getting a complete horde race with horde lore from the past 15 years just becoming an alliance race while adding void ( and current void story) on top of that, not corrupting them which weakens the impact of void lore, onto the alliance while ignoring the high elves story present on alliance and what is slated to be their future hinted by elisande.

3 Likes

Those who want blood elves to strictly be horde high elves are pretty hostile to anything but high elf customizations even though that fantasy has mostly, besides hair colors, been given to void elves as well.

2 Likes