Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

Yeah, I highly doubt they’re considering any of our suggestions (both regular and voidy options). They’ll probably just take the easy route and copy/paste all Belf hair colors and a few hairstyles and call it a day.

I do hope we get to see unique hair colors/styles as well as void customizations. Especially different Entropic Embrace skins, I find it boring that all Void Elves share the same EE skin. It’d be way cooler if our EE changed depending on our customizations and colors. So a purple-haired Void Elf would have a different EE hair tint than the rest of elves with a different hair color and so on.

8 Likes

Because it is now holy (with some arcane) We know it can be felt across space and time but why do elves walk up to it and draw upon it? It really hasn’t been fleshed out either way but maybe those closer to it are able to draw more upon it’s energies.

1 Like

It’s half Arcane half Light.

It’s pretty clear it doesn’t cause any physical changes… Since it has never done that.

2 Likes

I do think you have a point. The Well of Eternity changed Dark Trolls to Night Elves, and the Sunwell was founded with a vial of the Well of Eternity.

If they don’t change in physical terms is only because devs don’t want them to.

2 Likes

No he doesn’t.

If that were true it would have happened at some point already…

There is no basis for their claim.

1 Like

Yes! There is enough holy energy in the sunwell to transform them!

… oh wait? But there is not enough energy to prevent some of them from becoming void beings? Oh dear oh my!

/sarcasm

2 Likes

Sure, some Trolls mutated into Night Elves…over how many years? It’s not like Trolls went to sleep one night and woke up the next morning going “WTF is going on with my ears?!?”

5 Likes

I think they would panic more on the shape of their feet and the start of a need to wear shoes.

4 Likes

Yeah, fair. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Loss of their tusks was probably kinda jarring.

4 Likes

You forgot the first letter on devolved.

1 Like

I dunno vuljin seemed to not mind it.

Or maybe because the art team is stretched too thin to make them. How long after the end of tbc did it take to add golden eyes?

2 Likes

How about we just say “mutated into” and call it a day?

1 Like

I can get behind that.

1 Like

Indeed.

I mean magic wells are shown to change elves’ physical appearance. They’re like our Eevees WoW version.

Look at the Nightborne - Night Elves that were mutated by a continuous exposure to the Nightwell.

I wonder how Void Elves would look like if they had a Voidwell… Fen’s K’thir options would make sense then :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Any changes the Sunwell does to blood elves will change high elves… You all know that right?

If it were going to change them in any capacity it would have over the last millenia.

The Voidwell would be unlikely to change them either over time. It’s not a proper well for one and for two it’s just a catalyst to give them void Essence… As all void elves have.

The change is in becoming a void elf.

1 Like

Reminder:

Some people are asking for hair colors and don’t care about how it effects another race and other players.

Your use of the term ‘gatekeeping’ doesn’t apply in discussions where no one here has the ability to ‘gatekeep’ anything in game.

8 Likes

Yes - over 10,000 years.

Ten
Thousand
Years

3 Likes

What people are asking for is all of the Blood Elf customizations. Just read at the first post.

This puzzles me because it implies people can change species on a whim by changing a political faction name.

Gatekeeping is my doctors refusing to give me the hormones I need to preserve my bone health because I am transgender and want my already prescribed testosterone refilled.

Gatekeeping is having to fight for five years to have a medically necessary hysterectomy because of severe endometriosis because it’s also gender affirming and dealing with the chronic pain all those years.

It’s a bit cringe to compare my suffering to people disagreeing over making a carbon copy of pixel elves on a video game.

As a 3d artist, I can tell you that it takes five seconds or less to ctrl+u and move some sliders in Photoshop to change the color of an UV (texture in layman’s terms). It’s so easy even an intern can do it.

Therefore I see no reason to request identical colors instead of asking for similar colors that preserve distinction instead of asking for hand-me-downs.

Likewise, why ask for hand-me-down hairstyles like the OP is saying that folks deserve instead of asking for new unique assets?

I think part of why this thread is such a hotspot is what the OP asked for and people having a problem with the demand in the original post. And let’s be real here—Blizzard isn’t going to read more than the first few posts in the thread. They aren’t going to see people asking for other things later in the thread.

At this point continuing to pick a fight is just amplifying the original posters demands to carbon copy Blood Elves. If you don’t agree with it on either side of the argument then maybe it’s time to move to a new thread with a more reasonable ask.

10 Likes