Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

:astonished: How can you not like fish? I mean like swedish fish are one of my favorites.
https://jcandy-weblinc.netdna-ssl.com/product_images/ns758-red-fish/57ec3e2b6170705230002175/detail.jpg?c=1475100203

4 Likes

I am too Alaskan and my brain refuses to properly process ā€œhates seafoodā€. Itā€™s like hot ice. Just doesnā€™t really make sense.

1 Like

I do not like candy :confused:

1 Like

Thatā€™s okay, not everyone can be 100% awesome. :grin: :hugs:

4 Likes

I had some of those once they had a strange flavor that I couldnā€™t quite pinpoint what it is but they werenā€™t bad like bad so Iā€™ll give you that one. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

I can never get enough of swedish fish, and also sour patch kids.

3 Likes

I live on the southwestern tip of Vancouver Island. I can toss a crab pot in the harbor that is literally my front yard, drive a mile, walk out to the end of the jetty and toss in a line, catch a salmon, drive a mile back, and by the time that salmon has been cleaned and filleted Iā€™m pulling out a pot with 2-4 nice keeper crabs in it.

When I was a kid - a looooong time ago - on the Jersey shore we would dig up clams while the surf rods were working a run of stripers or bluefish, then just eat on the beach. Baking the fish in sandpit/hot rock ovens and shucking raw clams.

Dammmmmmn Iā€™m getting hungry.

3 Likes

Oooo, stripers, although I still have nightmares of the scales all over the kitchen

2 Likes

Yeah, mom didnā€™t let them into the house until they had been cleaned, hosed down to blast loose scales, then cleaned and hosed off again. Yeesh.

And man as good as stripers were, her baked, stuffed bluefish was the bomb.

1 Like

I am slacking, well that and prices have gone nuts since I was a kid, but Iā€™ve been down by the Chesapeake for a couple years now and havenā€™t had crabs yet, I need to fix that some time

Years after I was in Jersey I lived on the eastern shore (MD for the uninitiated) and finished High School almost in sight of the Bay Bridge. Soft shelled crabs at a dingy little pub at a fishermanā€™s pier: Loaf of sliced bread, pile of steamed soft shells, a pitcher of beerā€¦

Son of aā€¦hang on, I need to check on my rib delivery.

1 Like

Iā€™d be happy with a knife and nutcracker and a pile of crabs on a picnic table covered in newspaper

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s what happens up here, rip 'em in half when they come out of the pot then a boil, a bowl of drawn butter, nutcracker and crab fork for those juicy bits hiding in the legs, and get to work. Once in a while a nod to my wife and a bite or two of fire-roasted corn and potato, then back to the crab. Unless Iā€™ve pulled out a salmon that day and then the rotation changes a little.

Back in MD though, I was much more into soft shells.

2 Likes

Itā€™s all about salmon for me. Nice red, right out of the ocean, over some dry spruce and a green bough, skin on, maybe a bit of saltā€¦

3 Likes

I love salmon sashimi, or hand rolls, I especially vibe with it if its spicy in fact has to be spicy, but I am oddly not a fan of cooked salmon for some reason the way someone might order salmon and vegetables

2 Likes

The black orcs have used to have a ton of white in it but it was changed in SLs to be a more proper jet black.

All races should get a solid jet black imo

4 Likes

Just make sure you get that skin nice and crispy - otherwise yuck.

1 Like

Well Iā€™m a vegetarian, so yeah, Iā€™m going to agree with Naughty on this occasion :joy:

This made me laugh. Not only because itā€™s funny, but because it can actually happen knowing Blizzard :rofl:

6 Likes

I believe itā€™s fair that if you believe you see VEs have ā€˜black hairā€™ then itā€™s fair for others to say they do not.

And that comes down to opinions. Let me provide something that isnā€™t an opinion:

In the hair color selection for every race, the drop down box shows you all the options with a smear of color as an example of what the color option is.

You can compare that color smear to other races that have ā€˜black hairā€™ color smears.

People see color differently, so I wonā€™t say one way or another that what color someone sees is wrong.

But if you make the comparisons between the ā€˜blacksā€™, itā€™s understandable why thereā€™s players who donā€™t think Void Elves have black hair and should get it added.

Some races have multiple shades of black/white/blonde/red-orange, so again it sort of lends itself to the idea that shades of a color are a very normal request to have, one that Blizzard has already done for the original races at both their inception and through the expanded customizations that came with Shadowlands.

Again, not going into any ā€˜whoā€™s right or wrongā€™, but pointing out some observable facts both in and out of game.

13 Likes

Yeah, I find it a bit silly when the argument comes down to one race getting powder blue and the other getting baby blue to keep ā€œvisual distinctionā€.

8 Likes