Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

It was stated that High Elf customization was given to both Blood Elves and Void Elves so players could choose which fantasy they’d like to play and choose which side (Alliance or Horde) to play out that on.

You can stay ignorant about it if you wish but Ely’s words are very plain in meaning.

9 Likes

Btw here is Blizzard’s own artwork of a Void Elf. Tentacle hair is not a requirement as shown.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/86eedccd59c55cdccd5cd80f2778ea20/tumblr_inline_pl1q4yqB8s1ue1gv5_1280.jpg

8 Likes

The only thing “Void” you see on the Void Elf there is from the Heritage Armor.

3 Likes

Are you still playing this game?

Yes, your individual character can be whatever you want it to be. And they stated that both sides got some options to show a high elf background, not the full customization. You keep pretending that statement was much stronger than it actually was.

Dunno, the skin’s pretty unnatural, the hair appears to get a little funky and not-hair looking at the tips like it’s merging together. It’'s no voidberg, but doesn’t look normal either.

5 Likes

That’s actually more stringy than in game, imo. Some people were referring to Void elf hair as ‘greasy’ and I’ve never thought that but the void elf’s hair in that picture might apply.

1 Like

Heritage weapons when Blizzard?

Also I love how the bra top bit actually have connections in this rendition but in game its just kinda… there.

8 Likes

It was an opportunity where we had a number of elven races, and we could tie it back to their roots, letting players choose where they want to align and what fantasy to play out. We did have a lot of discussion about it, ultimately we might do more in the future, but for now we’re providing the option to have a few High Elf customizations available.

No game. That’s what was said. Not sure else to interpret that other than ‘they gave some High Elf customization to both so they could choose which fantasy to play out on each side.’

6 Likes

Definitely need some heritage weapons! And I agree. I wonder if it’s because they usually contract out their artwork.

8 Likes

Oh would love Heritage Weapons for all races <3

8 Likes

That hair style is perfect for a Void/High Elf imo. When it comes to giving them normal options, ive mostly said Humans or Night Elf hair options. But that Draenei hair actually one of the best hair styles ive seen on a Female Velf/Helf.

The colors are great too. Surprised at how good the pink actually looks. :+1:

9 Likes

Dear Izzabelle, I love your concepts and ideas, please, keep up the good work.

-Sarallesta

5 Likes

I will always see myself as a holy Blood Elf Warlock and there’s nothing you can do about it. :yum: :yum: :yum:

2 Likes

I hereby nominate you for the “Understatement of the Year Award”. :wink:

As human beings, of course they do. As competent writers delivering a coherent and consistent story though? Sure, they’re welcome to try and defend that but it’s like the Captain of the Titanic standing up for his mad seamanship skills.

5 Likes

The statement currently states it is skin colors inherited from blood elves.

There is no statement that they are High elf sub race customizations.

Nice cut out, that same interview called the skins “blood elf” skin tones inherited from blood elves. Not high elves.

Back in the day the in-store ice cream shop we went to had a flavor called “Superman” that was a bunch of fruit flavors/colors.

Something like that.

1 Like

Thank you

Orcs should be able to look like they’re directly from a thrash metal band
and atm we only have one style that fits that category

2 Likes

Well, it is a shame that you can’t read then…

According to a dev interview Ion gave several months ago, Blood Elves were originally unintended to have blue eyes in Shadowlands, but later on that decision was reversed following team discussions. If the art department was involved, what was the reasoning that led to blue eyes being added for Void Elves and Blood Elves?

This is another place where there was a race, High Elves, in the game which hadn’t really been represented on player characters. Blood Elves were the closest, but had felt green eyes. It was an opportunity where we had a number of elven races, and we could tie it back to their roots, letting players choose where they want to align and what fantasy to play out. We did have a lot of discussion about it, ultimately we might do more in the future, but for now we’re providing the option to have a few High Elf customizations available.

Exact words from Ely, just something you have ignored this whole entire time.

Source

7 Likes

this one has more of that thrash metal vibe I think.

5 Likes

It’s more complicated than just that. Some blood elves still do dabble in fel. Hence demon hunters and warlocks. Some embrace the holy. Some are closer to the sunwell than others, being more exposed to it’s energies.

2 Likes

I mean it was nice of you to back up his statement that they are just adding a few customization options, not a whole sub-race, but I’m not sure why you’re acting like it disproves that?

3 Likes