Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

Whelp, I’m off to get trash for a wedding! See you all later.

Edit: Was supposed to say ready but the autocorrect is so good I’m keeping it.

5 Likes

I can understand with the fustration over the Nightborne, and honestly, I am not happy with that either, considering they are a bit more different also to the original Nightborne we see over in Surumar.

6 Likes

It did feel weird when they did, I don’t believe anyone expected a copy paste. But we’re way past that now, that’s where Blizz decided to go, they even came out and said they knew both sides (Alliance/Horde players) wanted Nightborne. So they decided to give Alliance a copy paste model colored purple and called it ‘great job’ at the time lol

As much as I would still like it, I don’t believe so. Because thinking it’s still possible means not acknowledging why Blizzard gave the customization options they did in the first place at the time of Shadowlands release.

Another example would be Wildhammer Dwarves, they’re supposed to be leaner and taller than Bronzebeard but Blizzard has always used the same ol’ model of Dwarves across both Bronzebeards/Wildhammer/Dark Iron/those mechanical ones in Wrath of Lich King, etc.

It’s just their M.O. They’re not usually capable of doing ‘subtle’ things when it comes to art I’ve noticed.

8 Likes

Have a great time! :clinking_glasses:

5 Likes

Nightborne should look like Suramar Nightborne and have decent options.

That still doesn’t change the fact that Alliance shouldn’t be allowed to replicate BEs to the fullest (not saying you’re saying that just adding that for emphasis)

1 Like

Yeah, they really should have added player bones to the NPC models instead of making the mess they made from altering the Night Elf model to the so called playable Nightborne model.

I still think we should get the equal treatment in that regard, so we should have the copy/paste model of Night Elves to replace the Nightborne current playable model if they aren’t going to give us a better version and we should have all the Night Elf skintones and faces as well.

2 Likes

The people who profess to value Alliance over Horde are all too ready to let visual uniqueness slide and from what I’ve seen don’t mind allowing their core race be replicated if means they get our core race. I’m not a fan of that route personally, because in the end it hurts BEs and now NEs are in the same boat, their already hurting the VE / BE player base with the watering down of VEs as is I wouldn’t want to add NE players to the list of who has been effected.

Although it would help NB I want them to get their Suramar look. But I see where you’re coming from I just don’t want them to have more of a reason to justify taking options from BEs because it will still be BEs that lose visual uniqueness.

1 Like

It was a sudden thing to add as if they just wanted to throw in some random ingredient to a regular recipe.

I’m not saying that should or would justify Void Elves getting the rest of our customizations, I’m simply saying whether we got the NPC Nightborne model, copy/paste of Night Elf one or a new one that we should still get the skintones shared like we had to share.

3 Likes

That seems fair, and nightborne could use the Skintones.

3 Likes

That and elisande’s speech represents it is not a rare phenomenon.

True

Not true, at all. On the void elf part

People have thrown sources at you. People have even given you what Ion, and Ely, even whatsisname said. But you’re ignoring those because it doesn’t suit your agenda.

4 Likes

I really wish they’d made them their own AR.

My favorite dwarf clan and it’s arguably far more important historically than both dark Irons and Bronzebeard Dwarves but they get reduced to nothing but cosplay.

Plus… I don’t get dwarf druids this way.

Not to mention Wildhammer wouldn’t have mage or warlock and paladin.

4 Likes

Out of all the races, nightborne was the most disappointing. I actually would main a nightborne…if they were the nightborne we saw in suramar not whatever we ended up getting.

I still think the high elf side came out on top. I posted yesterday, but my main looks so similar to a “blood”(high) elf that there isn’t really a difference at all. Any bickering is more bickering that void elves got pretty much turned to optional high elves (which is what one sees most players choose in-game).

Not that bickering is bad…this is like casual forum PvP lol. At least its nice to see civility in most of the recent posts

If blizzard didn’t want void elves since they pretty much turned them into optional high elves already…they should have…just done high elves…

4 Likes

I will say even among the rpers I’ve encountered that claim to be void elves many are operating under the second generation fan theory concept.

The natural skin may not in every case be about high elves for those sorts.

I rp Fenelon similarly.

4 Likes

that is fair enough. I did see the second generation void elf thing going around. Which actually is a good concept than “void elf larping as high elf”. I might actually go that approach more :slight_smile:

3 Likes

An not one stated that void elves is any more then transformed thallasian elves that originally came from blood elves. Not the ones from stormwind, not ones in dal, nor the ones in the lodges either. Sorry, not sorry.

Now if blizzard can just get it into the game in an obvious and very visible fashion. Perhaps by updating the Telogrus Rift to have an npc thing showing new void elves being made.

3 Likes

Player agency isn’t anything new and applies to anyone who wants to use golden eyes on BEs too, but it starts and ends with the players character, it doesn’t turn BEs into a holy race and the non void skintones don’t make Void Elves non void High Elves.

2 Likes