Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

Certainly NOT the bad behaviour… but acting antagonistic towards ALL the players (not only the toxic ones) Is toxic by itself.

Ergo, the old saying: don´t do to others what you despise done to you. If they rather don´t get mistreated, then maybe they should stop mistreating their readers. Taking BIG words like “Genocide” and putting them in OFFICIAL lore material for shts and giggles while they smeared half of the playerbase with it was NOT going to cause anything but incredible toxicity in the playerbase itself as a whole. That shows some HUGE disconnect from their customers AND a blatant lack of care for the very story they are telling.

1 Like

I personally find it amusing. Someone throwing a temper tantrum about “others” throwing “temper tantrums”. Literally self defeating. No need to bother with arguments, the other poster cancels him/herself authomatically.

3 Likes

Me, looking at a few Helf posters complaining all Antis are bad:

5 Likes

I really disagree, not meaning to be rude to you because it’s ok that we see things differently.
As far as I can see it’s more like ‘if the shoe fits’. I don’t see him lumping all of us under one umbrella by his comments. It’s more like it’s suited for those who have been toxic in the past and those who choose to be in the future.

Careful there, apparently reacting to people being massively insulting in an amusing manner is against the coc

6 Likes

omg. I missed this.
What is wrong with you?

2 Likes

Oh. :grimacing: Well shall I react in a disappointed manner?

3 Likes

Well, the words he used obviously wouldn´t “lump us all” under the same umbrella… but his actions do lump us all.

There´s no excuse for using JJ Abrams “mistery box” technniques with zero actual narrative relevance nor resolution. Much less excuses for literally LYING to the customers to their faces several times (I mean remember when they totes denied Sylvanas had anything to do regarding her image in front of Teldrassil burning back in the Blizzcon they announced BfA? The forums meltdown the day Sylvanas Warbringers´ launched was NOT Nelf fanbase exclusive. Most of my friends from the Forsaken fanbase left the game thanks to the literal sadness they felt over what Danuser and Co. did to their fav character, their fav. race and their preferred faction.

Putting a cinematic that portrays Sylvanas as a “super involved pro Horde Warchief” to sell the game just to end the game with the same Sylvanas saying “The Hurde is nuthing!!” was nothing but money bait in retrospective. The devs LIED to us to sell us their expac, when their intentions ran in the literal opposite way as far as the story was concerned. That´s unethical.

3 Likes

I’ve had my issues with the stories too. I’ve been disappointed and dismayed. I still don’t see how that ever justifies mistreating the writers.

I get where you’re coming from but I hold the line at being rude and toxic. In the end it’s just a game and there’s never a reason to mistreat each other over it.

1 Like

But we totally won the game and got everything we could ever want, right?

1 Like

Omg, I think I made myself unclear (this is usual, english is NOT my native language): I´m, NOT condoning, justifying nor excusing the creeps harrasing the devs… I´m just saying the devs can´t complain over the playerbase feeling dismayed with their product when they have used such blatant lack of quality while developing it.

Tl;dr: Danuser IS lacking in self awareness too when he tries to make a /pikachu face regarding the criticism his BfA to SL story arc gets, no more and no less.

1 Like

You speak English pretty well for a second language! :sparkles:

3 Likes

It might be that we’re not connecting tonight. Sorry…maybe I should have waited till daytime…I’m a bit sleepy. lol
I’m trying to put myself in their place and imagine what it’s like for them. They really try their best and have their heart and soul in their art and they’re regularly treated with so much negativity and seriously hateful comments.
I can empathize with them alot.
:hugs:

/blushes

Thank you. Some of us lucky latin americans do get taught english since Elementary School (regarding public education) or even pre-School (regarding rich people that can pay good schools). Unfortunately, not all of us have the means… the farmers on my country are some of the unfortunate population regarding quality education.

Don´t frett Starla, I DO get your point. :grin:

In a way they DO seem to be involved in their craft, but at the same time pure passion does NOT a quality product make. Quality is gained with investment and plannification and good management.

Heck, as far as I´m concerned, the real fault on the F tier story we have been getting may lie in the Executive tier of the company, after all they are the ones that make the final choices. The blatant “pet character” focus and favoritism may be caused by executives only interested in giving screentime to characters they favor for a reason or another.

i mean I´m sure a lot of the players here would like a vacation from Blanduin, Jaina, Sylvanas, etc…

Omg my man… you trying to trigger the worst of the SF times? THIS is one of the NEFPA´s motto after all.

3 Likes

I’m both really disappointed that they waste the various stories of the Tauren, and glad they do when I see what they keep doing to that story.

Also, I’ve got a serious case of Nelf fatigue.

When I’m feeling really mean I hope they get exactly what they ask for when they go on about how the horde gets everything.

1 Like

I´m not going to lie to you (as a matter of fact I suspect you are well aware): BfA only cimented my hate on Baine that started in Cata. I literally wanted to slap him in his big useless mug for letting Zelling take the hit for him.

Zelling was literally like the ONLY good thing to happen to the Forsaken fanbase in BfA… and he got Vol´jined to favor Golden´s No. 1 favorite Blanduin cheerleader Horde side.

I lost it that day… my friends literally chastised me verbally for “nerdraging too much!”.

Man… I think i saw you in Gan´s thread in SF? These fellas were too scaredy cats to go check when I told them.

Good times.

3 Likes

I started doing this after last night’s artwork debacle. Seems to be going good so far.

7 Likes

See, my headcanon is that the alliance had a doppelganger of him that they swapped out the one from the Mulgore quests with. Seriously, I want that Baine that drops a snappy comeback before ending a Grimtotem. His main problem is that they only seem to use him as an accessory to the Alliance story.

1 Like

All’s good. I really see both sides of the issue especially since I know how it feels when the story doesn’t feel great to myself.

1 Like

If only my fellow Hordie… if only.

This is one of those cases were WTF / eyebrow raising narrative tools would be welcome.

Starla, I think we can say with some modicum of confidence MOST of the playerbase that gives an actual censored word for the story KNOWS how terribly “not great” it feels the current story.

Please, he´s nothing but the glorified plot device used to try (and fail) to sell the magnanimous Human Potential of our lord and saviour Blanduin Wrynn the Perfect for the Horde side of the playerbase.

Idk, Zelling felt especially aggravating considering the massive cartoonish villain batting the Forsaken were eating at the time.

I repeat: some executive up there not only does NOT play the game, he/she/them evidently don´t even pay attention to their story, to the messages they send with the aforementioned story nor much less care for the opinion of the bunch of morons paying them to play their 10th rate tier narrative.

In a way it´s our fault, we are the ones that continue to drop dollars into their pockets regardless on the low quality.

Remember the “WTF did you smoked back there, champion!?! Sylvanas burning Teldrassil WITH REGULAR CATAPULTS?!? :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :joy: :joy: :joy: Hey Brutus!! you got to hear this!!!” phrase in Gan´s thread? cause I´member.

1 Like