Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

If you’re talking about the calling out of alts, I can see why that would only get a delete rather than a silence. mentioning people when they post on alts is pretty common and usually accepted. I kind of disagree with the notion that noticing someone’s alt is harassment or name shaming.

Probably yea but I’m not a wordsmith my forte is definitely not making well thought out paragraphs. Everyone I do is on the fly to be completely honest lol.

I get that might be the kneejerk reaction but I feel that one should be extremely careful before posting about actionable offenses simply accusing someone of doing that can be damaging

2 Likes

Yeah I can see why.

Is not like the possibility of scrolling up is not there, but well, I’m willing the give the benefit of the doubt.

I’ll remain observant though… I do have a thing for picking on double standards… it’s a curse.

That’s the main gist.

As I said, I came in too strong, but it does vex me when I see constant talk about how everyone should tone it down, but only one side seems to get the ruler to the wrist.

5 Likes

Yea sorry if that’s how it came across like I said I’m pretty kneejerk myself so it’s understandable. Your place in these threads while some may dislike is still pretty valid. For example I absolutely hate when people try to get things like blood elf druids or void elf druids when they have no real substantial lore around them and if there was a megathread for that I’d probably voice my concerns.

3 Likes

My issue was as stated above combined with not liking the way you went about saying what you said to Midare. I perceived your stance as hypocritical and I tend to comment accordingly from there.

I feel it’s worth apologizing too if I came across harsh I rather liked your conversation in the LGBTQ+ megathread (I think it was you who started a topic about horror movies in there?) could be mistaken.

2 Likes

Would I like to see belves druids? Mainly because I’m curious of what their shapeshift would look like.

Do I think they have a lore basis? No, the only source is the RPG guide and that ain’t canon.

Will I ask for the lore to be changed? No, but mainly because I don’t think Blizz cares enough to come up with something decent.

I’ve said in the past however that I understand wanting something. I wish they had added Dark irons to the Horde. Dwarves are the only Alliance race I like and I would play one of those without any second thought. Yet I never even considered asking for it because I know dwarves are an iconic part of the Alliance (Even if, imo, they are too good for the Alliance >.>).

Also to make my stance clear, while I care for the uniqueness of blood elves because they are one of my favorite races (the other one I think it’s fairly obvious), I find it honestly upsetting that so many want to wash off Void Elves.

I honestly don’t care if I get accused of “gatekeeping”, but when someone likes something, they don’t try to bleach off everything that makes that something what it is. I think Void Elves have an interesting concept that was done dirty by Blizz, they need a lot, just not washing them off, in fact, that’s the least thing they need.

(On a side note, I ran out of likes so… yeah…)

6 Likes

No need to apologize I’m usually not that vindictive or one to hold a grudge. Disagreements happen I feel as though if you are permanently jaded forever after having a disagreement with someone you’re not really gonna have a fun experience on any forum for that matter.

1 Like

I’m indifferent on them because people already justify BEs lack luster hand of customizations with being okay because “they are popular” I don’t want druid adding to that.

VE Druid and Paladins I am staunchly against though.

2 Likes

Just life in general too honestly

2 Likes

I can understand that stance, after all, I’m in the camp that thinks that all AR did was add in to the pile of races Blizz will simply neglect lore wise.

Sigh… I’ll never see Tuskarr as playable… but at least they’re safe from Blizz forgetting about them in a way that would be worse.

But what if I’m jaded over everything, all the time?

:stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I was really disappointed when the only presence void elves had in the old god and by extension void patch was just killing their race leaders in a horrific vision.

I also wouldn’t want it as justification for VEs receiving Druid / Paladin since we know HE fans can’t let BEs live we see that with their continued request on the last of our visual distinction.

Overall I’m indifferent because of what I listed before but if it was done I’d probably enjoy the class on BEs but I think it should be paired with the Alliance core race Night Elves receiving Paladin because it would break the current Horde has Elf Paladin and Alliance has Elf Druid and btw I’m fine with it being that way too it really is something I’m indifferent on in terms of that class and BEs.

1 Like

It was a horribly missed opportunity.

It was their chance to shine. But Blizz will Blizz I guess.

Everything would be easier if BEs could be BEs, and VEs could be VEs.

5 Likes

While I did enjoy playing 8.2 and 8.3 I really wish they hadn’t happened because both could’ve been expanded on so so so much more in a proper void expansion

Nazjatar could’ve been unimaginably massive but it was pretty small
And Ny’alotha could’ve been a bigboi continent of several zones but it was an instance

And they could’ve utilized void elves in a much more proper fashion
And actually taken us to more parts of the void

gg to all of that

2 Likes

Ty Fen, very much appreciated.

Learned from the best, yourself truly.

After all I´ve made like 3 inquiries alone last night and no wonder you ignored each and every one of them.

“Buut, buut!! I did nuffin wrung, Im ignore “nut important” antis cause antis sux!!” is NOT an actual answer Cezol… is just that: dodging the actual questions.

So… dissapointing. At the end, you are just as lack of self aware as OP.

Please, let´s not try to pretend your self made “rule” even exists… I´ve participated waay many too times in rogue forum tmog challenges to remember more than one “bland” tmog get high praise.

Is NOT about how “creative” the abomination concocted, is about how good it looks on the toon… and those pieces look terrible in that Worgen, Mr. Furry Hunchback.

I´m at least NOT the “genius” who made a post worthy of an actual 5 year old kindergardener regarding criticizing another poster´s toon for being a “ugly hunchback” while I myself use another ugly unchback, you were.

F in effort Cezol, continue acting as the airheaded salty rude individual you are, never change. It makes thing easier from my side of the fence, especially when you guys continue to contradict your words with your own behaviour.

This thread very own´s OP was nothing but trollish drama bait. In a time when other less aggravating “we would like normal hair colors, they don´t have to be the literal same as the Belf toons ones” existed, people flocked to support OP.

Don´t expect anything but the worst behaviour regardless of stance from a thread as such, this is not better than the “ErAsE tHe HuRdE!!” threads that used to pollute SF in BfA / pre-patch times.

Asking for blond hair is not an issue, especially when -thanks to the Velf style design- you guys can get truly interesting and unique options like the ones posted in Fens´thread.

What OP in this thread is asking is literal ZERO effort… do you guys honest to God think that you are just deserving of Belf handmedowns? Really?

Cause as customers like us, I think you deserve more from the art team, not mere cheap Copy/pating jobs whose textures would look funny precisely because thety don´t match as evidenced by Nicodèmus.

Says the “Ubber self aware” individual making fun of Hunchback toons… on a Hunchback toon.

Peak comedy indeed.

Dear, this thread STARTED as a PvP forum match of bad behaviour… cause making an OP post full of satire asking for the literal copy pasting of one race into another is nothing but stroking player toxicity flames.

How many of you didn´t even bother with actually reading OP, ffs?!?"

Voidins as such are peak lack of reading comprehension… I mean the “I didn´t even bother with checking my own fav character story” kind.

There´s a reason why Alleria and Turalyon live a “Romeo + Juliet” esque platonic dilemma right now, dudes.

And Ely stated in an interview that Both Factions of both Thallasian groups are getting the High Elven customisations to allow players to pick there path, but are only providing some for now.

But the point of my post is people are getting way over there heads, to the point where people are arguing in circles, providing nothing or contributing nothing.

6 Likes

I’ve sometimes heard the argument that only antis can be mean and dramatic, made out to be villains.

After reading comments from this fella, I don’t think that argument can stand anymore. It shows that there are super rude people on both sides.

4 Likes

Well, Anti or Pro, it isn’t about which side can be more toxic or which side can be more sweeter. It all comes down to the individual. Doesn’t matter if that individual is an Anti or Pro.

5 Likes

The fact it comes down to which group should be listened to more on who is better is bad.

Both sides is bad. But also not everyone should be lumped to one group or the other, as there is more sides on this now then just 2.

1 Like

Well, I disagree with this. Because let say, it was someone on a side Blizzard won’t listen too, who provided very constructive feedback, and Blizzard didn’t listen to that person because of there believes. Think that is fair for the individual?

Blizzard will listen to all constructive feedback, but they won’t listen to anyone being absolute toxic in their post.

1 Like

Well since you refuse to actually answer, I’ll take this as your loss, followed by typical pathetic Ariel ramblings. :kissing_heart::heart:

But I mean anyone with eyes can see you’re nothing but a bitter blood elf players with nothing to add but vitriol and “I know you are but what am I’s”, pretty on brand for antis, you’re all nothing if not consistent. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

It is. Actually.

You literally can’t pretend you’re any way unique or special because you concentrated your transmog hunting on one raid and put that entire set on “but the head piece”, but I mean taste is subjective, and I’ve never expected anything from you but mediocrity, both in and out of game :face_with_hand_over_mouth:.

How sad. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Considering your essay level replies, it seems very much like you’re titled from the hard truth.

But sure, keep pretending you don’t wear your crying on your sleeve. :heart: