Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

I don’t tend to like that idea. Some races make no sense as some classes.

This though. Very good.

It would give us a great deal more leeway.

Imagine a loa priest able to change their healing spells to something more akin to shamanistic looking spirit winds or some such.

To be fair I said Riftblade and they seem to have void based warrior abilities.

2 Likes

It sounds kinda funny if you shorten it to the Belf Bloop

2 Likes

Yeah, this was a call back to the other thread talking about Void Knights and Rift Blades.

3 Likes

How about this, give the void elfs shorter ears if they choose a natural hair color, thus making the natural hair color ones technically half-elves. Blizz can lock certain customization options to certain classes why not do it with hair colors etc…

I mean, as obvious from this thread, I’m not a big fan of the new colors, but I’m even less of a fan of locking off options like that. There’s tons of things that the ears can be used to stand in for, it doesn’t sit well with me to lock them off unless you take a certain other option.

1 Like

Lets not lock customizations behind arbitrary requirements.

4 Likes

Especially the shorter ears. I have to imagine with the wingspan those things have that lopped off eartips are basically baby’s first sword fighting scar

1 Like

I can see it now you will clear 200 heroic/mythic dungeons for blonde hair and you will believe it is enjoyable content says Blizzard. Haha. I’m not really serious but really that’s how it would be. :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

On’t-day ive-gay em-thay uhm, ideas-ay!

2 Likes

This. I’ll be honest, the ‘go play on this faction if you want x aesthetic’ in regards to Thalassians become ((irrelevant(?) incorrect(?) idk what word fits aptly) once the skin tones arrived on VEs.

If Blizzard followed that logic they’d never have given skin tones to VEs that BEs have.

Some say, “it’s because the BEs got blue eyes”, but that just fits with what’s mentioned above.

If Blizzard were as hardcore about Thalassians having to be sectioned off looks wise, VEs would’ve stayed blurple, and only BEs would have human skin tones.

I still bring it back to what I mentioned before that gets lost imo:

1. It was a popular, long requested customization option (High elf look)

2. Blizzard were already working on giving BEs additions, and we know VEs share the same exact model, nothing is unique there other than what’s on surface display. So after going back to the topic, they decided let’s share what we can (for now).

3. This occurred with other AR that has the exact same model as an original race: Mechagnomes got detached facial options, VE/BE bow shooting animation fixed at same time, Mag’har straight back option arrived to Green Orcs at same time.

So they gave what they could in the time they had when doing the core race customization updates because that’s simply efficiency.

That’s also why when asked if AR will get customization updates they said it’ll happen at a later time.

What about Allied Race customizations?

For the initial release of Shadowlands, the focus is on the original races. Character customizations is an ongoing project and they’re never completely done.

9 Likes

I wonder if we’ll also get the ear options for Void Elves that they gave for Blood Elves?

5 Likes

I would think so? Night Elves also now have ear options too I think right? :thinking:

I bet Nightborne and Void Elf will as well.

5 Likes

I thought Night Elves got the eye brow lengh

1 Like

I’d go with less relevant in one direction only. Still need to go Alliance for the void, still need to go Horde for hair colors. Not exactly an even situation.

It’s at least long requested. By a good number of people who made their voices very loud. But without hard numbers, with a game population in the millions, I dunno if we could say one way or another how supported it is.

But if they really wanted to give you hair, that doesn’t really take any time at all since it already exists and they’ve shown that they don’t care about just outright copying the options. Like I’ve said before, I won’t bet against them finding new ways to screw over the horde, but I don’t think the hair was just an oversight or lack of time so far.

And just in general. Awww, someone likes me.

5 Likes

If I was more cynical, I’d say the only reason void elves DIDN’T get the blood elf hair colors was because, with their differing hair textures, it couldn’t be a copy paste.

5 Likes

Velfs belfs and helfs have nothing to do with it.

Once that door is opened Blizzard will apply it to other races, other customizations. We’ll be more limited for the most ridiculous of reasons.

Its entirely beyond just the thalassian model and I do not want to see that happen.

I suspect we’ll see that one regardless of the hair colors or not eventually.

Its more just a QoL option.

Both.

1 Like

I’m certain it was though because no Allied Race got any new hair colors, even the ones that received a few modifications (VEs, Mechagnomes, Mag’har, idk any others of top my head).

I mean, their preview shows the skins with the same underwear which they later did change it which shows the ‘revise/update as you go’ mentality.

3 Likes

Oh yeah definitely agree. Was more keeping the context here, but limiting customizations for arbitrary reasons is a no go. Thankfully it doesn’t seem like Blizzard is about that once they revealed their intent with the new customization system they have in place.

1 Like

Eh, void elves still got a whole extra set of skin tones when everyone else just got the expanded range of their race pretty much. If they wanted to give you the hair, I figure they’d just straight up give it to you.

3 Likes

That’s what I mean.

Doing that would have been work, because they either would have had to stretch void elf textures to blood elf hairstyles or make blood elf colors work with void elf textures.

Which goes against Blizzard’s maximum slacker design philosophy for void elves so far.

6 Likes