Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

That is why I was thinking of more using the same colours/shades that the Humans/Kul Tirans for the colours of the hairs and mixture of several Alliance races for the hair styles originally.

5 Likes

They gave both groups options to represent that background, and explicit permission to make up your character’s backstory. And that’s fine by me, but I don’t think you can read the future out of that.

4 Likes

As long as they make the feathers work with all the dwarf hairstyles and give female trolls tusk piercings, I’m go… wait… I mean…

My evil machinations! Exposed!

That… would be some classic Blizzard monkey’s paw action, though…

Such a pain they’re relegating a expansion feature to maybe next time.

4 Likes

There’s art out there already of people utilizing either the human hair colors or even creating different shades with some purplish tips at hair ends to differentiate.

It reminds me of when people came up with different skin colorations similar to but not the same as BE.

Then Blizz just went “LOLO COPY PASTE EVEN SAME UNDERWEAR” :joy:

So it remains to be seen how they end up implementing the hair colors as well.

6 Likes

Anything to drive up those box sales.

6 Likes

They’re Blizzard, if they do it they do it. No need to go through the weird “I’m not actually copying you” exercises people went through. It gets to the same point with much less effort.

That’s a fair valid point.

1 Like

If Blizzard decides to do more natural colors for void elves, I hope if they’re copy pastes, they pull from the Alliance and choose the cooler colors, with blueish or dark highlights, to contrast with blood elves, who mostly have red or gold highlights in their colors.

5 Likes

To me, it felt like people “went through exercises” more so due to those who kept spouting “you just want a copy paste”.

Makes what Blizz did even more ironic. Reminds me of that Star Wars meme with Darth whoever. “He could save others, but not himself”

3 Likes

There are high elves in the alliance with brown, blonde, and light blue hair colors, I’d be happy enough with those. Or even simply if they gave black/white only.

3 Likes

I dunno, I think people said it was a copy paste because the people going through exercises were going “Yeah, but the Belf skintone is Pantone #b89475 but we made the helves pantone #b59070!”

1 Like

I would have liked different animations or stance.

Oh well.

3 Likes

Most I ever saw were general “VE should have fair skins options” but that’s all done with now, we know where Blizzard landed on that topic.

4 Likes

Sameeeee, I still enjoy the stance Somand I think made. That was cool.

5 Likes

After all that “High elves are too similar to blood elves; they shouldn’t be playable” the absolute loons at Blizzard gave the Alliance literal copy pasted model former blood elves.

It’s still funny-horrifying.

4 Likes

I’m just saying the point was to get a high elf (which blood elves are) look, so most of the stuff that came out of that would have worked as a spot the difference puzzle. The changes were a balance of finding something that looked like a blood elf while not being identical to it in the seeming hope that if they found just the right balance Blizzard would listen.

I’m just saying here, Blizzard had the choice whether to give high elf options or not, and when they chose to they just gave the actual options that already existed rather than expending effort they really didn’t need to.

Calls for a stiff drink imo :beers:

3 Likes

My favorite way to engage with Blizzard storylines!

3 Likes

I saw that ghost edit, but I shouldn’t be surprised if I find a dwarf drinking :rofl:

3 Likes