Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

I’m happy people get rewarded for wanting additions to the game they’re so passionate about that they create art and organize and articulate their desires.

Rather than people that y’know, barrage a slew of “No.” in a myriad of ways and do nothing else.

7 Likes

They very much know customizations are a hot topic. That’s why now they’ve been relegated to expansion level features, sadly.

5 Likes

I’d rather they’d spend their time prioritizing unique new options that bring new breath to the game, and spend more time on telling the stories of the existing races than just copy pasting a race to the other side because a few petty souls can’t deal with the fact that one race of pretty elves isn’t on the blue team.

4 Likes

I uh… sure wouldn’t say that.

While high elfy looking options are more varied on the Horde, with the black (and the right hairdo so it’s not more green) or the silver, it is not hard to make a high elf lookalike on Blueside. Even easier if you’re philosophical about hair colors, because frankly Persistent still looks “there” with violet hair.

Yeah because Allied Races didn’t get their customization pass, thanks for consistently reminding the developers every time this is said. :relaxed:

4 Likes

Please fix the actual game first.

2 Likes

Gotta let go of that grudge, it’s weighing you down to not move past it. (Kyrians rubbing off on me)

2 Likes

High Elves tend to have mostly fair colors, like blonde and white, canonically. A few do have black hair.

At the moment, void elves have unnatural hair colors, which defies the High Elf aesthetic.

1 Like

As opposed to the completely not a grudge complaint that’s been going on since BC?

3 Likes

What’s interesting is the blue hair color looks very normal with the human skin tones. I wonder if it’s simply due to having so much blue armor pieces to play around with on Alliance side.

2 Likes

Since when? And remember RPG is not canon.

4 Likes

Yeah sucks for people that hold grudges!

2 Likes

The silver is honestly not far off from Valeera’s hearthstone art if that’s what floats your boat.

Especially on shorter hairdos.

My main interest in more high elf hair colors at this juncture is genuinely less about the fantasy (that is there) and more about trying to make sure there is some diversity.

Because right now all the fleshy void elves look like a DC Comics important character convention: black hair, blue eyes.

4 Likes

I’d imagine it’d do a lot of people good if they could just get over the irrational anger/annoyance/whatever they feel over the fact that the high elf race went to the horde years ago, and stop trying to come up with convoluted excuses for why a handful of naysayers constitutes a distinct race.

4 Likes

Yeah, the blue and gold or white and gold flow really nicely.

I do try to stick to a lot of Alliance only gear and appearances on Persistent… to separate her out from my blood elf pally with black hair if nothing else.

4 Likes

And imagine ignoring the fact that Blizzard is giving the Void Elves the options to be High Elves so people can actually chose there path.

2 Likes

This sounds a bit projective, I’ve seen some of those people you’re referencing too though, it’s a shame.

Hopefully everyone who’s consumed by it can let those weights off and feel lighter.

2 Likes

Since always. The way that High Elves have always been portrayed is light skin, fair hair. Even in the games, they were mostly blonde, brown, white, or black hair.

It’s a real shame that my Horde blood elves have the option to look like a High Elf and my alliance void elves can’t.

1 Like

They will give things to everyone else and not touch the short elf customizations with a ten foot pole. They fear the wrath of what ever side is wronged by whatever they do.

1 Like

Even the burgundy ish hair color looks fairly good. And yeah there’s something very pleasing about seeing high elves in alliance armor.

I do love seeing em running around stormwind with the other alliance races.

5 Likes