Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
okay. Have fun arguing over nothing. This is ridiculous lol

4 Likes

I mean, the funniest thing about the visual distinction argument when you think about it is, how often are blood elves and void elves going to be standing together in great enough numbers that no one is going to be able to tell the difference between which ones are in their faction and which ones arenā€™t? Or even standing together at all?

I mean seriously, how often does anyone stop to pay any attention to the character customization of someone of the other faction beyond the 5 seconds it takes to run past them?

Only really happens in pvp you say? Well how often are you looking or caring about what color their hair is? Is what they look like really going to matter or are you just looking for the red name above their head? I know when I pvp I look at their healthbar and maybe if I care their name. What they look like is kind of irrelevant.

4 Likes

Do not wear our styles until you feel our pain

2 Likes

I rather often spend time looking at others mogs and looks in general in neutral citiesā€¦ sometimes even just out questing if Iā€™m not in Warmode.

You may not have a care for visual distinction but others will.

Thats just how it is.

6 Likes

imagine subjugating people over a discussion about hair options

That is not, and never will be, any answer.

Velves were belves until like last week. This makes no sense.

3 Likes

And yet itā€™s the answer the devs themselves offered you.

Though you do have the model and 90% of the visual theme with RP tools, so if you still canā€™t be satisfied with that idk :confused: seems rather unfortunate because now after awarding people who donā€™t value visual distinction two big wins, I wouldnā€™t expect another one.

But the options are there on the Horde waiting for you all the same so that answer rings true now as it did then :hugs:

4 Likes

The more you keep on faking that youve read the actual post, the more it shows.

the devs have been known to actually listen to the playerbaseā€¦ once in a while. The fact that YOU dont like it does not mean a dev wont.

2 Likes

What was that quote then? The one about if you want a natural haired elf ā€¦ I think they even used Blonde as the example iirc.

And youā€™ve been listened to twice over and now youā€™re angling to get that final piece of the puzzle they withheld that keeps visual distinction in place, only to find out another section of the player base also matters, so like I said I wouldnā€™t expect a third handout.

3 Likes

Visual distinctionā€¦
look no one is buying that excuse anymore, since your name is orange, and my guards kill you on sight. YOURE NOT DISTINCT from the rest of the elves. We are ALL high elf mutants. You keep saying we want your bleach blondes. Nope. I want black and white hair and ear customs. Get over yourself.

Some folk care rather a lot about the visual distinction of a race.

Some folk care a lot about the visual distinction between classes too while weā€™re at it.

Its a valid concern to have. Just because its counter to your own view doesnā€™t make it any less so.

6 Likes

Void Elves are HE mutants.

Blood Elves are High Elves.

You say this but then every other post / argument you make is

I think youā€™re angling for a lot more than just black and white when most of your posts consist of comments like that.

In either case visual distinction is being upheld at this very moment and I think that alone speaks volumes, only one group of Elves can use the hair options you want after all and its the group that holds that visual theme as it always has because we arenā€™t ā€œmutantsā€ as you put it but Void Elvesā€¦ very much are :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Sure weā€™re technically mutants but itā€™s a real stretch to compare altered eye colors to tentacles sticking out of your skull and spontaneously turning blue every 60 seconds while fighting.

1 Like

God Blizzard really needs to do something about these mass flaggers.

6 Likes

Blizzard specifically stated after they released the high elf options for belves and velves that ā€œmore might be coming in the futureā€, so I wouldnā€™t try to claim Blizzard is showing their stance on the matter by leaving the hair out of SL.

Itā€™s not an excuse, itā€™s something people value. Why do you have to be so hostile to the opposition?

A long time ago, Blizzard asked people who wanted high elves to be respectful. Constantly saying nasty things like

isnā€™t doing us any favours.

5 Likes

Was it implied for Void Elves?

Of course more HE options will come in the future Blood Elves are High Elves.

3 Likes

Specifically.

Blood elves can already look 100% like high elf NPCs, except for the slighty different skin tones the NPCs use, so I canā€™t even think of what ā€œmore high elf optionsā€ would be for them.

3 Likes

I would say Farstrider tattoos are missing and that is a WC2 era visual

5 Likes

I donā€™t think thatā€™s what they meant, but if it was Iā€™d be pleasantly surprised.

2 Likes

Just think of the RPersā€¦

1 Like