Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

I think BE players objecting to continued loss of visual distinction is more sensible than the argument BE players aren’t entitled to our own visual theme because the possibility Blizzard might turn us into squirrels.

5 Likes

I guess they are sick of people like you who racially charge every post…

1 Like

Relax lol. Jesus. I play both factions. I enjoy what I play. People can want what they want. No one’s entitled to anything. As far as fourth war representation, you often see mostly humans and dwarves, and whatever races are present in the current expansion. Others like gnomes and quel’dorei are underrepresented, but still exist in the content. Even in the warfronts, we had Quel’dorei.

8 Likes

Me too :hugs: and I think it is such a shame to further take from BEs visually to make one side happy to the tune of “more is always good”, when it quite frankly hurts Void customization requests because Blizzard has shown their likely to do the least amount as possible, as well as BE fans objecting to further loss of visual distinction.

:face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

Referencing this, specifically.

So your argument is that a sizable yet underrepresented amount of Quel’dorei fought in the fourth war? And this is including the neutral SC or not including them because coughs.

3 Likes

I think you’re completely missing or ignoring my point. You play blizzards game. Blizzard didn’t have to add blood elves to the game. They didn’t even have to give them natural hair colors. Blood elves could have been given nothing but variations of baby poop green hair. You aren’t entitled to anything customization wise. You have what you have because blizzard chose to give it to you. You can want to keep your look for only blood elves, but that doesn’t make you entitled to that look.

7 Likes

And yet you can’t deny they did, and players who have played that race for 10+ years wanting some level of visual distinction left in place really shouldn’t be a problem.

6 Likes

Wanting something and being entitled to it are not the same thing.

5 Likes

They also didn’t have to add new eye colors for BE, but we could also be sharing assets between all races like hair styles, beards, scars, etc. My real question is why do people get so uptight about gatekeeping such simple things that have no influence on their own gameplay lol. People just want pretty characters.

4 Likes

I would say the argument of want heavily favors BE fans who have already lost twice over in the visual distinction department to appease fans who now seem to feel entitled to the rest of the BE visual theme.

The options are there and waiting for you on the Horde :hugs:

4 Likes

You can stop with the passive aggressive emoji lol. I have my horde characters. But I also have what they gave Alliance, so… thanks, but no thanks.
This just seems like a case of “no one else should have what we have because reasons.”

4 Likes

“Reasons” = visual distinction

And you feel you should get options at the expense of BE visual distinction because why?

3 Likes

I mean, let me ask you something.

Real talk, why should what you want trump what someone else wants?

2 Likes

Squints at Alleria and Vereesa

2 Likes

Why should what you want trample over what others want?

You were given the model and 90% of the visual theme already, thats two wins for you if you don’t value visual distinction, so the argument you’re making doesn’t help your side :confused:

5 Likes

You can’t even answer the question, and say other people are acting entitled.

Why should what I want “trample over what others want?”

Because in this case, I don’t really see much of any distinction left. You can literally make any distinction left between void elves and blood elves disappear with a helmet. That’s not really a distinction anymore.

3 Likes

So then wear a helmet on your VE then.

Either you acknowledge the hair options are important hence you acknowledge why it is important to keep the visual distinction as well, or you don’t and it’s not important for your side and you don’t need them anyways.

6 Likes

The same could be said about much of the customization in game. Why orcs get upright backs, Zandalari, but not the original male troll models, while the females can stand upright. Why most humanlike races now have extra skintones and racial appearances. Why we have tauren with regular horns and others with moose horns. Blizzard seems to intend to make WoW more diverse, overall. “It’s mine and no one else’s. I only get to be this color.” Is such an odd argument to have.

“Horde get pretty elves, not alliance” tends to be the main argument. I wonder if people are going to lose their minds if they break faction boundaries and allow cross-faction play in the future. (like is already allowed in bgs). It’s like getting mad that someone else is wearing the same t-shirt you are in public, but you both bought it from the same company who introduced the shirt. If suddenly horde get void elf custonization, well, that’s just okay.

5 Likes

Diversity being expanded on isn’t the same as you being allowed two visual themes at the expense of Blood Elves who already fill the role of generic human skin toned Elf.

And this is how you know visual distinction matters, because why would Blizzard defeat the purpose of their own AR

If factions are broken? What was the point of the AR at all then?

Looks like visual distinction being in place is intentional huh :confused:

1 Like