Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

It doesn’t work so well when you quote the thing you’re pretending says something it doesn’t.

4 Likes

Perhaps, if that was what I was doing.
However, I quoted exactly what I’m saying is being said.
Might I recommend glasses?
Or as a cheaper alternative, read it again?

2 Likes

There’s no substance to his statement, it’s an “A Wizard did it” answer. There are no concrete bits of info just an innuendo of potential.

Anything that you’re trying to say that proves about lore comes out of yourself.

3 Likes

Mmm, I don’t recall seeing one regular-looking Blood/Night Elf Demon Hunter NPC (you know, without horns, tattoos or Fel-affected skin tones), or Undead NPCs using those new fresh-looking skin and jaw options anywhere in the game for that matter.

I haven’t seen NPCs using blinded eye options either, perhaps I’m wrong? Can somebody correct me?

That doesn’t mean those options aren’t canon.

What I have seen, though, is Void Elf NPCs using regular hair colors - black, in particular. Funny, isn’t it?

11 Likes

They don’t go against any Canon…

Void elves with natural skin tones do.

You can compare things together that don’t mesh all you wish. It doesn’t change what is there in game.

Void elves canonly do not have those tones.

That shouldn’t stop you requesting what you want to, mind.

Just tired of people constantly making things up that have no basis in lore.

Just be honest. You don’t need an excuse. You want the darned hair colors.

The other side doesn’t want that cause they feel it lessens blood elves in some capacity.

The other other side doesn’t want it cause they feel it lessens void elves in some capacity.

Ya’ll spend too much time justifying your stances on some weird moral or lore or vindictive ground for no good reason.

Tell blizzard what you want (or don’t want) and be done with it.

Highly suggest an in game suggestion. At least they might actually read some of those.

One color: black. It’s also not the same black as any other and it’s unfinished.

It’s also odd that blizzard hasn’t given us access to it. (this isn’t me being sarcastic I really do think it’s odd)

Either it’s simply is unfinished or blizzard decided not to have it and just failed to remove it entirely.

Also a side note: There was a glitch on the PTR before prepatch where void elf hair had no texture and was just a matte white coloration. Very nice for Void Elves as well I think.

3 Likes

And where is the canon to prove that theory?

4 Likes

It’s their lore.

Which I’ve also already answered.

3 Likes

You haven’t answered, because there is no lore to say that Void Elves can’t have fair skin.

Take Alleria for example, she is a Void Elf, and yet, she has fair skin.

6 Likes

I kinda wish void elves had more creepy void options other than tentacles.

Like why not have your character with both eyes closed but you have a giant eyeball on your forehead? Or maybe have pupils that follow the camera like they’re looking at the player. A monster in Monster Hunter does that and its terrifying.

10 Likes

There is only lore that says that.

The lore that is lacking is the natural skins. There is no canon lore that explains it. No void elves have it.

She is unique and no other elf has followed her path in current lore.

Again ask for what you want, but don’t pretend it’s lore just because you want it.

Me as well.

2 Likes

The tentacles don’t even really move like tentacles anyway so whats the point

Eh. They’re pretty at least.

Just wish we had more options for them.

1 Like

I think Void Elves need to be distinctly different from their High Elf Sin’Dorei cousins. Otherwise it’d be convoluted and confusing. Also, there needs to be clear Void magic taint to the Void Elves to prove they aren’t just regular High Elves like us. After all, Blood Elves are High Elves that symbolically changed their name to honor the fallen. Ren’Dorei are literal Voidey boys who were exiled from proper society due to their meddling in evil magic. Their meddling warped and twisted them.

It’s like the Drenai and the Broken. There’s no “broken” that look like Drenai.

3 Likes

Please it’s hardly any more evil than Warlock magic.

And our meddling didn’t change us.

A group of void ethereals did.

2 Likes

So you admit you’re changed. Case closed. You got voided.

1 Like

You don’t know me do you?

3 Likes

Right, because the only Void Elves that matter to you are Umbric and his small group of followers.

Kettle, meet pot.

5 Likes

Yes. The void elves that exist.

What other void elves are you referring to?

What are you talking about? You are working off of assumption. I’m working off of what is there.

6 Likes

Mmm I find it hard to believe that there are Night Elf/Blood Elf Demon Hunters with no Demon taint on their bodies whatsoever except for Fel eyes. But okay, let’s imagine you’re right and continue:

It’s important to stress here that you do not know this, Fenelon. We have no confirmation that Void Elves with natural skin tones do not exist lorewise. On the contrary, we have developers insinuating they do (new recruits, Alleria is both a High Elf and a Void elf). And most importantly, the very fact that Void Elves have those options available in game is a direct evidence that Void Elves with natural skin tones are canon or, at the very least, lorewise friendly. Believe me, developers will not ever implement customizations or any other option in game that go against established lore. That’s why we don’t have Void Elf Paladins, or Blood Elf Druids, or Gnome Demon Hunters.

You guys really do not want to go with the “it’s not canon, it’s just for RP purposes” excuse, as that literally opens the can of worms and entitles everyone to ask for absolutely anything, regardless of whether it’s lore friendly or not.

It’s one color, sure, but it’s a natural hair color that wasn’t changed by the Void. And NPCs have that color, and following your argument, that means it’s canon. So it’s safe to assume that not all Void Elves had their natural hair color affected by the Void transformation ritual.

8 Likes

I don’t like how the tentacles can only be purple. I like wearing all kinds of colors and purple clashes too much with warmer colors.

3 Likes