Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

I appreciate the use of comic sans on this one.

2 Likes

If they ever remove faction barriers, something that is necessary to create a less toxic player base and something they already hinted at being open to, it won’t be a big deal anyways.

3 Likes

Dude, anti-Belfers harrasing you both because it was “trendy” AND because some of the TBC Belf players were indeed massive a-holes would be “magically” fixed implementing High elves how exactly?

The way I see it, this changes nothing. People who plays Horde usually does so for either meta reasons or because they genuinely like better the faction (my case personaly…and no, I haven´t met “rampant homophobia slung” with my male Belf toon from the players, frankly the worst cases have come from the terribad cheap jokes the devs insist on putting in-game.

Why some of us would desire to keep some semblance of difference character customization wise? Simple, because I´d like the same treatment all races got delivered to my fav race, no more and no less (so, just as much as my Mag´har Orcs can´t use green skins nor my HM Tauren can put on feathers nor my regular trolls put on golden tattoos, yes I´d like some MINIMAL visual difference between the Belves and the Velves, period. And this can be achieved even if you people get “regular” hair colors… heck get the stupid jewerly, after all YOU seem to be the ones actually “excited” about it´s existence while I see nobody Horde side paying attention to it ever).

I just want some exclusive customizations for the Belf race, that DO make sense for the race, that DON´T cry “niche” AND more importantly: that can be used to make a difference between both races… cause while both yes “start” biologically as “High elves”, their story, their culture and the magic they use basically take them in different directions.

Considering the agenda doesn´t compute, doubt so dude. It´s waaay more coherent to assume anti-Horde Helfers and anti-Belfers to push, QQ and moan about “Belves ruining the Horde”. Cause for both groups the result of the Belves getting kicked out of the faction is the same: the “race” becomes “free” to be picked on by the Alliance, period.

Hey “Lore” remember that time you tried to make fun of me about people on your side vbeing interested in picking the Belf race apart up to the very green eyes? Guess what, I found exhibit A:

See what I´m talking about?

Dude if you honestly believe the bulk of the playerbase actually cares for the Barbie minigame we have going with the “customizations”… you are wrong. It is limited to weirdos like us.

Most of the players? Paid attention the first week tops and basically forgot “customizations” were a thing… they care waaay more over the meta aspects.

The connection was waaay weaker too bro… to the point the elves had no issues giving the methaporical middle finger to the Humans and ditched them at the first chance they got.

Did some of the High elves stay with the Humans on the Alliance? sure. Did the High Elf kingdom stay with the Humans on the Alliance? Nope as far as WC3 -you know, the continuation oif WC2- is concerned.

You guys can absolutely explore all you want the lives and unlives and whatever you desire about those Alliance affiliated High elves? of course. Does this have to involve the kingdom somehow? Nope, not at all. As a matter of fact the narrative pushed BOTH groups in different directions, dude.

And now I think I know why you got “harrased” back in TBC if your posts and overall “attitude” is taken into account.

Personally I believe giving access to “yellow” runic tattoos to compliment the eyes would sufice, Grand. Cause yes, while ALL races should theorically get a visual reprsentation of the faith, so far only the Elves are the ones that DO manifest some physiological errr… “changes” related to how much they work/use some especific magical source as per the lore (Human warlocks don´t get green eyes no matter how many demons they summon to play with, Belves on the other hand got green eyes merely by passing regularly close to a Fel infused crystal… means elves are more sensitive to manifest magically induced mutations just by proxy of living near any magical source regularly, nothing else.

Gameplay dude, cause if we are VERY lore strict Belf DH aren´t even related to the kingdom of Quel´thalas… they are 100% Illidari. Just like the Nelf ones didn´t bat an eyelash regarding their “capitol” burning like a mashmallow on a fire.

Hero classes follow a different set of rules, dude (reason why they are called “Hero”… cause their game mechanics AND their customizations aren´t limited by the lore of the RACE, they are limited by the lore of the HERO that was used as an inspiration to implement them).

They are just “Blood elves” for gameplay reasons dude but yes… as far as “lore” is concerned, they´re half demons and actually separated from their “parent” race.

Your secondary race has lost waaay more than the skull face dude… they are at risk of losing their entire identity. My condolences regarding you people getting saddled with Calia Menethil (talk about burns done by the devs´s lore ignorance).

Dude, toxicity won´t be solved by making the players “play together or else”… I for one would rather not have to dealt with the idiocy related to the Alliance pet characters more than I already have to. I´d absolutely hate to play in a game without a vehicle (Horde) to escape Blanduin, Jaina and the rest of the 10th rate tier “Human Potential protagonists” of this game.

The factions are NOT causing no “toxicity” on the players… humans irl ARE toxic, and will continue to be so regardless of a game, period. What your suggestion will cause is a massive flagging on the “silence” tool thanks to players literally acting like douches to each others with the help of more direct means, period.

This will not change what Void Elves are.

5 Likes

How rude of you to point out something so obvious man!

But I mean, me thinks he’s hoping to be able to play a blood elf without having to play Horde, because, well…

1 Like

The skin color change begs to differ with you.

3 Likes

There is no lore to explain it… Its just a customization option. No Void Elves have those tones save one.

The devs even said it was to allow players to choose to be a high elf if they wanted.

To be fair, it’s safe to assume that they’re still considered canon since they’re part of how the player appears. And as the two of us have discussed, it’s overall in limbo territory. Still, the interview with the lead narrative designer tilts the limbo scale towards us.

5 Likes

You really only listen to what devs say whenever it’s convenient eh?

2 Likes

i dont recall them saying it means void elves are pure high elves. they basically said here, make of it what you will

5 Likes

I made a discovery more important than this back and forth with a wall.

Why no one told me the slime cat can actually find a slime bird and have it sitting on its head???

Because you know, a writer tweeting something, means no tails for worgen, but a dev saying something in an interview, it’s open to interpretation. Why? Good question.

6 Likes

The Danuser interview isn’t entirely open to interpretation, Anti-HElfers simply discredit it or twist his words within it as that is the only way for them to deny it as a source when used by Pro-HElfers

6 Likes

Yet you are interpreting what he said as “whatever you want to make with them is canon” when it’s not what he said, Mr. “I only pay attention to the parts of the lore that can validate my stance”.

4 Likes

Is this the interview I agree with where he says that whatever you want your character’s story to be that’s what your character is?

The one a lot of people twist to mean “We’re going to give you all the specific cosmetic options that one certain group has been crying over the fact that they aren’t on the Alliance?”

3 Likes

dude, the Danuser interview literally says “we will give tools so people can RP their headcanons”… there´s a LOONG way from that to “all and any headcanons ARE canon as per right now and we will give visual ways to represent those!!!”.

The only “headcanons” that would be valid will be the ones directly aknowledged by the narrative, apart from that? Nothing.

The customizations are NOT a “lore” game, they are a “money revenue” game. And frankly I sometimes wonder why we all bother, cause let´s be real: most people don´t give an actual censored word over this Barbie minigame… most players care waaay more over the actual gameplay than the color of their toon´s nails or something.

And I´m still waiting on your “opinion” regarding the Exhibit A I pointed to you, Mr. "
We don´t want to pick apart the Belf race".

No, it is the fact that you’re against the comments of the devs when they told us we can play out which fantasy we wanted, why? Because you just want people to roll horde to be a High Elf. It is a no brainer when people can easily see right through.

If it is anything to do with High Elves, it a game of headcanon and contradiction with you Midare. It is like you make it your only goal is to be sweet for one group who makes it there goal to be sour on a request from another group.

Yes, there arguments go back and fowards, but you don’t really bring any reason on why you don’t like it. Lann doesn’t bring any reason either. Same with Tarrok and all the others. The only excuse you all bring is “It will ruin mah Blood Elves. Stop taking from mah Blood Elves.”

11 Likes

It would be if there were any natural skin toned void elves.

Anywhere.

As it is there are not.

The devs say they added this so we had choice to be what we wanted. (whichever side of the hair color debates you’re on.) rping a high elf is very possible but that doesn’t mean the skin tones are canon to void elves.

Until blizzard actually adds such lore, which I very much hope they will, it’s just not canon.

All that said I do understand you and others viewpoint. I just don’t agree.

Yes.

1 Like

Stop twisting what was said. You being able to play whatever you want doesn’t mean it’s canon.

I don’t want people like you in the Horde, I’ll give it to you straight. But if you really want to play one so badly that you can’t live without it (apparently) the option it’s there for you.

You can try to guilt trip me all you want but it won’t work. You complaining over pretty elves in a game it’s the most first world problem ever, and I have no sympathy for that.

Blood Elves and Void Elves have the right to be their own thing, without people like you trying to take away their uniqueness because you can’t accept High Elves as you want them aren’t and won’t be playable.

4 Likes

Give worgen tails. Give void elves blonde hair.

4 Likes

There’s just one question: If they come from a small group of Silvermoon Exiles, how are they an Allied Race? Where do the numbers come from?

“They start out as a small group,” Danuser continues. “But it’s natural as other elves have found out about them — elves who are interested in new sources of magic, power, or opportunities — would see if they could undergo a similar process. They’re not … recruiting , necessarily, but they’re open to those who show a similar interest.”

Danuser confirms new characters are not from the original group.
Pro: +1 | Anti: -1

9 Likes