Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

Thing is it would be lore appropriate as a proposed void melee class would be just that lore-wise: a void melee class.

It would just play like a paladin and we wouldn’t need to worry about yet another class being balanced.

This same system would be applied to mechagnome ‘druids’ as well as they would just be mechanical shapeshifters, not at all affiliated with druids or druid lore. But mechanically play the same.

You following it now? I’m not going to explain this concept a third time to you.

9 Likes

I will agree with you on this even if we disagree on the last thread. Void elves never should have gotten the blood elf skin options.

2 Likes

I dont understand why they even made, what is essentially adding more racial customization options, as its own separate race, unless this is the result of monetizing race changes…

Really you should just be able to pick horde or alliance elf, and then be able to customize it with both allied races options…they are all elves ffs…

1 Like

No it won’t be. The void even does different things then the light does. It would make no sense lore-wise that a void knight would even fight the same as a paladin. The light even burns it’s opponents, the void does not.

Let me get this straight.

Classes and class skins must be lore appropriate, except if you’re a Void Elf Holy Priest or a LF Shadow Priest, or except customizations that are only for RP purposes and aren’t canon, as per your words.

Did I get that right? :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

And he acknowledges that those are Wildhammer customizations given and different troll tribe skins given. Just like Ely Cannon and others in the WoW team acknowledge HE customization was given to BE and VE.

And that such customization options wouldn’t have been given in the first place if they had to make entire starting experiences or story pieces to in-game explain the options.

He’s saying “yes we gave the looks of these iconic races without putting explanations because otherwise we wouldn’t have been able to do them at all.”

5 Likes

That has nothing to do with my point that I’ve suggested more customizations, both HE and VE specific ones. Whereas you claimed from your POV I don’t.

Answering with a non-sequitur proves my point in what you quoted too.

3 Likes

I"ll admit the biggest blunder you commited was to jump in the defense of the “Sunwell is Lightforging the Belves/Helves” crowd as far as Belves are concerned -I mean, in restrospective it was hilarious cause you supporting them AND even ging the extra mile of putting the devs´interview while at the same time you “vouched” for “Felblood” stuff that would be basically impossible according to the original argument made by the poster you defended was deliciously absurd and incoherent-.

Frankly, I rather like you guys best when you don´t jump to blindly “suggest” stuff born not out of actual interest on the Belf race and lore but on the preconceived notions you may have over it.

1 Like

My wish would be if people stopped ‘worrying over’ (I put in quotes because I don’t actually believe anyone loses sleep over this, on either side, since it’s a video game) what other races received and instead focused on what they’d like to see added on their particular favorite race.

Also not saying that you’re one of those people. I am talking in a general sense. I don’t think I’ve seen anywhere that Blizzard has said anything along the lines “yeah we wanna be careful to not step on X races’ toes while we give customization options to Y race” since they’ve come out with the Shadowlands increased customizations feature.

2 Likes

Now, excuse me while I go try to farm a golden horse!

1 Like

The closests attempt was when Ion mentioned Belves weren´t going to get the Blue eyes… I suspect not stepping on Helfer toes was the reasoning behind this (cause to try to STILL saddle the “Fel only” stuff on Belves after the Golden eye implementation was a very long reach as far as arguments are concerned). I guess they realized we would have felt EXTREMELY annoyed if they didn´t let Horde players RP their Belf Magister with blue eyes thanks to arcane but ran away to give Velves pink skins so they could RP a Helf.

2 Likes

Visual distinction is a valid request and poaching the BE visual theme very much does effect people’s favorite race and preserving the visual uniqueness of Blood Elves has validity and I think that’s why it seems to bother so many HE fans who just “wish we would do other things”, support isn’t entitled for you and your request not only effects our favorite races visual uniqueness but impacts our own request for visual distinction to remain in place.

I’m sure many wish the requests for poaching the BE visual theme and continuing to water down VEs would stop and you spent more time asking for unique options for VEs not pre existing options to be a Blonde Thalassian for example that already exists Horde side where the actual playable High Elf race is.

Yet here we all are huh.

5 Likes

Farstrider Tattoos.

That’s what she has.

We’ve all been waiting a long time for those be it blood elf or high elf.

5 Likes

I mean as Fenelon´s thread has proven, there ARE ways that allow them to get the “blonde” hair… it doesn´t necessarily has to be a literal copy-paste on Belves ffs.

I don´t think all these “open minded” Helfers would jump to approve if Nightborne cloned the Nelf customizations to a T, for example (wanna bet the Salt Sea we would see if the tattoo design shown in the latest Tyrande cinematic was given to Nightborne instead of Nelves? cause artistically speaking, those “bright magical” tattoos are kinda the Nightborne thing since Legion).

Idk man… hers are truly pitiful as far as actual warpaint is concerned. I rather get something more substancial for my Belf (maybe the actual WC2 tattoos, you know, those that appeared from the eyes similar to Sylvanas´ tear tracks AND/OR bold ones like half the face painted?).

Edit: a quote was put where it didn´t belong, lul… need to be more careful.

4 Likes

The only good thing about Blizzard saying they weren’t doing any new customizations for anyone any time soon is that no one gets anything no matter how much they ask or spam the forums with requests, I just wish the Void Elf diluters would realize that no matter how much they want more of our options or try Blizzard doesn’t really care which is why we get lots of new mounts instead of character options.

2 Likes

They reduced hers some from her WCII model but that is what they are.

I do agree there should be a few options some more subdued others more akin to WCII and it’s whole half face painted.

These are nice for both belf and velf.
(pretend for velf their skin is blue and they’re using one of our available hair colors; speaking of if anyone can make or knows of a version of this like that I’d love to know of it.)

Though I’d still want a few with literally half a face covered.

I’d also probably do specific colors per side with only a few being shared.

4 Likes

Hmmm… idk, still to pitiful for my tastes, I guess.

I mean what I want is more among the lines of this:

h^ttps://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/celebrity-interviews/mel-gibson-proud-movie-braveheart-3726401

h^ttps://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/hero-ranger-pre-beta-look-a-like.130940/

(though these I worry are a little too similar to Nelf ones?)

Heavily partial to the biggest ones; they seem more in line with Horde proper aesthetics considering the Belves had had more than a decade of interaction and cultural sharing with Orcs, Tauren and Trolls.

I personally think it was this blunder on Ion’s part that got Void Elf the Blood Elf skin tones. Ion was all like, blue eyes make no sense for Blood Elves. After he probably had people remind him that Blood Elf players were told twice by devs back in burning crusade that the fel glint wasn’t permanent and would fade. So many had been waiting for blue eyes for over a decade. Then it was most likely pointed out that the cleansed Sunwell was only removing and not replacing the fel. They probably also had to remind him that it is still half Arcane. So he had two choices, admit he was wrong, which we all know is never going to happen. Or appease the High Elf fans.

4 Likes

I´m 100% in agreement with this in retrospective. But certainly at the moment he DID made the comment, I believe he most probably was thinking on not crossing Helf/ Belf “visual aesthetics”.

They somehow still worry over this, if not Velves would had gotten the green and golden eyes too. And wouldn´t had got their underwear corrected, cause if restricting customizations according to the lore is NOT important, then who cares over the color of the panties of the Velves?

4 Likes

Oh I meant I very much want many of this nature.

I’m just fine with some subdued ones.

A thousand times this for at least the blood elves.

3 Likes