Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

Well sometimes you want to try to have others see your POV or understand where you’re coming from. But sometimes that doesn’t work I suppose.

I’m not really sure how long this “debate over hair colors” have been going on for since I just came back from a break from the game a couple weeks ago or so.

I’ll simply look forward to the extra High Elf customization once they come on Void Elves. At least now it’s possible to play em since Shadowlands added the extra customizations

6 Likes

To be fair, it’s not really much different than two people arguing knowing that neither will have their minds changed by the other.

5 Likes

These are such nice features. The mix of Void-regular skin looks sick!

And the hair! I hope we get the one with Void highlights.

3 Likes

this is an unnatural black and its comical how much they can look like a blood elf but not vice versa

blood elves cant look like an actual void elf in any capacity

i just dont get that logic, that youre ok with white hair and the normal black that they want. white hair and white skin is just a plain old blood elf, theres nothing void about it

Imgur

lorthemar could even be a void elf

normal skin tones was a concession for blue eyes for blood elves. it was not an equal trade and not worth it and blood elves never should have had to give up something for it. but now theres no reason to give them more and they know it thats why they bump multiple threads everyday. its also why they push for blood elves to get felblood/undead themes which doesnt even make sense, to justify giving void elves a second pure theme

3 Likes

Well that’s a white hair with texture, the no texture at all white that was a bug I think worked with the unnatural look.

:heart_eyes_cat:

I appreciate your opinion on these too! :grinning:

I’m not a big fan of the coloration on the last one either, but I’d love the effect if it followed the same coloration of the other two.

I’d be glad to make a post and would greatly appreciate the inclusion of these in your thread.

:hugs:

2 Likes

I, as a nominal night elf main (as much as I have a main), demand the dance studio.

Also, long ago, Ghostcrawler promised me a pony.

4 Likes

Oh wow that one’s sick!! Love it :heart_eyes:

Oh this is new. I thought we were supposed to be accused of pushing for Lightforged stuff for Blood Elves. Now we’re pushing for Felblood and Undead (?) stuff, out of the blue. Okay, whatever. :man_shrugging:t2:

This, so much this. I want new animations!!!

2 Likes

Although, multiple Void Elves have expressed they would love to give Blood Elves a copy of their hair styles.

4 Likes

I’m not saying everyone would get the male draenei dance.

I’m just saying it is a possibility.

3 Likes

I think I expressed early on in the last thread that it’s not hard to make a blood elf that looks like a void elf.

Just choose a death knight, use grey or pale skin, blue hair… one of the ones where the style is similar like the braid. Bravo! Blood elf that looks like a void elf.

Or if you don’t feel like being a death knight, use a shared skin, blue hair, purple eyes, hoorah!

1 Like

I think I saw that, but the point I was particularly trying to make was that Alliance don’t really care for giving the other side their options where it makes sense.

4 Likes

Depends on the person, of course. Everyone has their preferences.

Which is why the side thing is inherently silly.

That being said, I’m fervently bifactional and being able to play lore friendly options is more important to me than keeping Blueside things Blueside or Redside things Redside.

4 Likes

I exclusively care about following the lore too, which is why I support Void Elves having access to the Blood Elf hair styles and colors. There’s nothing stopping it from happening lore wise, and that’s all the reasoning necessary. Same applies in reverse giving Blood Elves the (non-tentacle) hair styles and colors.

5 Likes

I don’t particularly fancy 1:1 transfers.

But that’s me. I think there’s enough room in what we didn’t get for new colors that can work for void, blood, and high elf themes.

And hopefully we’ll see some shines for everyone!

6 Likes

I pray every night for void elf customizations.

3 Likes

… to the Old Gods, right? :octopus:

2 Likes

There must be a serious reason why void elves aren’t allowed to have blonde hair. I’m guessing it’s this… they think it would cause a major movement of Horde players to instead play Alliance. In fact, the idea of this is just so unpredictable… I think Blizzard’s like “let’s not even go there.”

Also, everybody looks the same in FF14. People look different in WoW. I think Blizz might want to hold onto that for a bit longer, even though we the customers are upset about it. We just wanna have fun!

Personally, I think it’s just a lack of development time. After all, Blizzard is a company, and any decision must go through a rigid procedure. I imagine the devs have to discuss about certain customizations, then get the approval of certain directors, then elaborate some guidelines for artists to design them, then these artists need time to do them, and then they need people to check them, see if there are any bugs, fix them, etc.

In my opinion Void Elves were given skin tones basically as a compensation for giving blue eyes to Blood Elves. And remember that they were directly copied/pasted, no work was done until they fixed the underwear issue, but that happened later (i.e., when they had time).

So basically, just give them time! We need to be patient. And perhaps they might not even give us anything more - I doubt it, I don’t find it logical or likely, but there’s the possibility.

7 Likes

Not every customer wants this though.

6 Likes