Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

If you truly don’t see where that sentiment came from in your own post and have taken objection with me commenting on the sentiment like it didn’t happen or you didn’t give that impression, then that is entirely on you actually it doesn’t bother me to point out where I saw it in your post.

2 Likes

So I’ve seen you mention ombre hair a couple of times.

Perhaps that or also starcursed streaks as well, similar to the two tone hair the Darkspear got?

Or even if the colors trailed off like this, but with cool platinum Blonde to darker violet or brown to blue, etc.

Just curious on your opinion on these concepts as a pro-blood Elf player

:grinning:

14 Likes

I think you need to read it again.

I’m not saying Blizzard isn’t listening to you. I’m asking you, if you truly believe that Blizzard hasn’t listened to you, then what makes you think they are going to start listening to you now? What’s changed?

You’re fighting so hard to convince yourself (and everyone else) that there’s no possible way Blizzard could give Void Elves some natural hair colors. After all, they already got the model, the skins, and have shared eye color options, how could Blizzard possibly ignore your calls to deny certain hair colors? Aren’t you owed a “win” after all this?

The cold hard truth is that you don’t know what Blizzard is going to do. None of us do. As I said before we could all end up disappointed.

10 Likes

Exactly which is why I said

Because that is the exact sentiment you’re giving

1 Like

I think void star/voidcursed looks better on dark colors.

1 Like

But I’m not.

Because I’m not implying that Blizzard is going to give me the hair colors I want. They might. They might not. Who knows?

I have no way of knowing what Blizzard is going to do.

And neither do you.

8 Likes

You aren’t?

1 Like

Blood elves have better hair all my void elves have the same blueish tangled wet look because it’s the only one that looks halfway normal. This style I’m rocking is my favorite honestly it’s good my friends prefer horde. Now that I am not forced to have fel eyes this race is pretty perfect tbh.

1 Like

Glad you like the blue eyed additions for our playable High Elf race :hugs:

4 Likes

No I’m not. :slight_smile: Read it again if that doesn’t make sense to you. And if you still don’t get it… oh well. Wallow in your own ignorance then.

8 Likes

Not doing what?

You very much implied Blizzard will continue to cater to the side that was already listened to in the argument

As well as dismissing the other side entirely.

It’s nice to see people dismiss the HE request though moving forward on the basis of it already being answered enough and championing the side that wasn’t heard last time around this time. Which would be fans of visual distinction and the request to keep the two unique moving forward which at this very moment hair has been left as a factor visually.

1 Like

I guess we’ll just have to wait and see what Blizzard decides to do then? :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

You mean like when they added a compromise in your favor but left visual distinction in place?

1 Like

Exactly so! They didn’t touch the hair at all. Of course, we have no idea WHY they didn’t. It could be to preserve some visual distinction… but it could also just as easily be because they ran out of time. :slight_smile: We won’t ever know why unless Blizzard deigns to tell us.

8 Likes

But we do know they discussed the options at length and visual distinction has always been a factor in this faction based game.

But you’re right it doesn’t matter because you’ve already told us before that no matter what Blizzard decides if it isn’t in your favor you’ll keep requesting.

Opposition will still be here with our valid request to keep the uniqueness of both races moving forward :hugs:

2 Likes

Correct sir! But your opposition will only last as long as it takes to convince Blizzard to give me what I want. That could be in 10.0 or it could be never! The future is a veritable cornucopia of possibilities! :hugs:

5 Likes

This can’t be underscored. People who are also trying to deny Void Elves customization that keeps them locked into a specific aesthetic “Void” are also missing the point of the increased customizations: to increase diversity within a race’s options.

This is why Blood Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes all received very dark skin colors - these fantasy races that are traditionally only fair/light skinned now got skin tones that break away from that.

Void Elves receiving human skin tones breaks them out of ‘only being void aesthetic’ already, the same way that receiving blue eyes did, as well as blue/gold eye options on Blood Elves (you can RP as a High Elf now on both sides).

And every race that got their customizations increased in terms of hair color received black/brown/brown/white colors, even races with typically ‘zany vibrant colors’ like Gnomes and Trolls.

It’s all in an effort to offer diverse options within a single race choice. The increased customizations means it’s no longer about 'if you want a specific race aesthetic you have to choose this specific race. That was the old model Blizzard used when Allied Races released in Legion which is now defunct.

But there’s people still trying to hold onto that. You don’t have to play a Nightborne anymore if you want to make a Highborne style Night Elf. You don’t have to play a Blood Elf if you want to look like a fair-skinned Thalassian. You don’t have to play a Mag’har if you want straight back options for your Orc.

You do have to play on Horde if you want to play an Orc though, or on Alliance if you want to be a Draenei. But that’s very different than limiting what your Orcs or Thalassians or “Dark Elves” can look like.

9 Likes

You’re saying you don’t know how you imply you’ll be getting what you want?

I’ll concentrate on this then and focus where we can agree I find that so much more enjoyable

1 Like

The void shows many possibilities.

The void shows me that natural void elf styles will never happen. But it does show me an alternative possible route, half elves!

1 Like

Only time will tell! :hugs:

4 Likes