Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

Blood Elves are High Elves and that fantasy is Horde.

2 Likes

yea those 4 added over the last 17 years

and ofc the actual race being playable too. such a tease

2 Likes

I just want more void optionsā€¦

Iā€™m a fan of blizzard finishing the black hair option our npcs have and Iā€™d love to see a nice unnatural white for them.

Like so white it just looks like someone forgot the texture white.

But otherwise bring on more tentacles and more mouths.

3 Likes

ā€¦Didnā€™t you used to be a lady elf? Not that I can complain. Iā€™ve gender swapped enough toons since it became a freebie.

Anyway, Iā€™d bet you one donut, gently used, that I can find more that 4 high elves in Stormwind alone, whoā€™ve been added in the last 4 years.

ill go in game so we can group and screenshot and put everything into context for you if want

I really, really want a neon blue with a white streak and a gentle glow effect.

Iā€™d also like to see some ā€œvoid corruptionā€ effects that are more uneven and splotchy, instead of just ā€œWe dipped an elf in blue paintā€.

3 Likes

Could you Iā€™m rather interested to know if they are even named or unnamed

1 Like

That sounds nice.

Iā€™m not as much a fan of the splotchy kind but Iā€™ve seen it and I wouldnā€™t be against it.

1 Like

Does Valeera count for this hypothetical ELF HEADCOUNT?

Sheā€™s the only one I can think of who is emphatically a blood elf and also Alliance aligned.

theyre almost certainly talking about the elves that only appear after you unlock void elves. or the 2 non canon flavor portal npcs holding a portal to a dalaran in the past where rhonin and arthas are still alive

i only count ones that cant be argued about. like elsharin and that one easter egg in the keep

I donā€™t think soā€¦ Sheā€™s technically neutralā€¦

She only has loyally to the Wrynn name otherwise sheā€™s not big on horde or Alliance.

1 Like

I think a more uneven application in general would really help sell some of the void looks. I know Blizzard mirrors most of their textures (which is one thing thatā€™s pretty fancy that theyā€™ve changed for some of the new looks). But nothing says ā€œslowly being overcome by corruptionā€ like mismatched colors and blotches.

alliance also have at least 2 goblins standing around. but no one ever asks for those guys :thinking:

3 Likes

Which are new, blueside additions!

If they wanted to add Dalaran NPCs without ADDING MORE DAMN HIGH ELVES, thereā€™s plenty of humans in the Silver Covenant they could have used. Or, again, gnomes.

If they didnā€™t want to add high elves talking to the void elves to Stormwind, they could have done what they did with the Lightforged Draenei and leave them off on their own.

Bliz chose, deliberately, to add more high elves.

1 Like

Donā€™t say no one.

I wouldnā€™t mind another cartel joining the Alliance.

(Iā€™m kidding I think goblins on the Alliance would be weird and lame)

1 Like

Dude. MY DUDE.

PLEASE YES.

I would love a blueside goblin. I have more goblins than short elves already.

Iā€™ve made no secret of this, but I think if itā€™s lorewise in the faction, we should get to play it eventually or some version thereof. Mostly ogres and forest trolls, but also taunka (a customization option that should have happened), jinyu, and so on.

She is infused with void magic. Void magic takes on a form like you see as the void elf proc that deals more damage and turns your body pure void.

her normal form looks like a normal elf because the more control you have the more you can suppress it.

you learn all of this while doing the void elf story line and its the soul factor of why people ask for normal hair and skin colors. They made it like that lore wise.

you are trying to bypass lore to make it where her uncontrolled void form is her true form when it ISNT.

Warcraft is a lot older then WOW. models donā€™t matter but lore does, high elves were alliance and the only reason they used the night elf model was because it was there to use in classic. This lore goes before blood elves existed.

ā€œBlood Elves and Void Elves, Void Elves are void infused and void tainted Blood Elves arenā€™t.ā€

correct! but the more in control of the void you are the more you can suppress it until you need it. that is whyā€¦alleria windrunner doesnā€™t look voidy unless she wants too. (once again her PURE void boss form never happened b/c that was a vision of nā€™zoth of what was to come if he wasnā€™t stopped)

you learn ALL of this in legion and the void elf story to get them.

2 Likes

Why? Nightborne are closer to blood elves than night elves. They started from the same population, whereas night elves were separate from both.

Tyrande is from Suramar. Iā€¦ think Shandris is, too, but my ā€œlook it upā€ level is low. Itā€™s less than a generation of separation.

Now, you could argue that night elves would speak a low class version of the base languageā€¦ (which would be a great filter, btw, as long as itā€™s broad cockney urchin), but itā€™s still the same language.

3 Likes

You might be a bit confused, or maybe you just didnā€™t provide enough information to clear up what you mean. Nightborne didnā€™t come from a population of Blood Elves, they came from a population of Night Elves.

Hereā€™s even a picture of before they evolved.

2 Likes