Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

yea could be sadly enough . Though i wish they would :sob: :sob: :sob: theres so many sets id like more if i could change the color idc if i gotta pay 5k gold per color change

hooo booy

2 Likes

There is a small difference between being a popular or unpopular race. Gnomes were never well received but the hardcore players and given how they added a gnome-variation to the incredibly popular Vulpera, it felt like on purpose to spit on the Alliance. I remember reading so many disappointed Alliance-players who simply have given up on their faction at this point due the predominant Horde-storytelling and power in WM. I really felt sorry for them.

The Alliance should have gotten a high quality race and not a cheap knock off. I do not know if you are aware of it but besides the main hub Blizzard did not cared much about the well being for them. Just look at the Heritage Armors they released during this time. We got highly detailed armors with physics while the Alliance got an unwanted Worgen armor where the clock sticks to the hip like a glue. The Goblin and Tauren armor are one of their best works.

They gave some of the Horde AR bad racials on purpose. I mean, who will ever use the NB mail racial? It’s in most cases absolutely useless. And the RNG effect of the Mag’har Orcs. And the Vulpera? Why would anyone do this? The HMT is the big expectation which suited the tanky classes.

I usually play both sides depending on what we want to do in the game. Usually the finders are empty compared to the Horde, regardless of the content you play… and this does not even include raiding at all.

It is a developer problem, without any doubts and they also acknowledged this by saying that they reacted too late.

Besides, it has been +13 hours since I looked here around and this topic has already +650 postings.

6 Likes

OK, then don’t use the natural hair colors on your void elf. Then you can enjoy the game the way you want. No one has to throw a tantrum over other people getting to play the way THEY want.

6 Likes

Seems to have worked after all these years though.

3 Likes

I made a thread to talk about half elves instead of natural skin colors for VE.

For those of you interested in half elves I will link it here;

Agreed. They upset a lot of their players by deciding to cut customizations.

Ion was talking about having to cut a raid tier… If you’re in a situation where you can’t add customizations and do your normal progression content then ask for a bigger budget and hire more people. Ridiculous.

1 Like

You know you can suggest half elves without being an inconvenience to people who are happy they’re getting the hair colors they want.

This thread is just bait.

6 Likes

For three years they’ve done this to me.

You see this at Blizzcon where they really support the “For the Horde” people and then let them squash the Alliance Spirit. Your game has two playerbases.

3 Likes

Hmm. looks like they cleaned up some posts since last night.

1 Like

You are not a nice person.

12 Likes

The irony in calling themselves the “pro-blood elf” group even though they’ve done nothing but crusade against high elves/void elves in the name of their self-proclaimed “racial preservation”.

The least these people could have done was make themselves seen through blood elf customization suggestions on the forums.

8 Likes

They don’t particularly want anything though… other than blue eyes because they didn’t want High Elf players to have them.

2 Likes

This was not only an unprofessional decision but also a very dumb one. The resources spend on these character updates are minimal compared to landscapes and designing enviroments. On the plus side, they have also many hidden or unavailable customization options which do not even need to be designed but only linked with the player creation tool. Very amateurish deciding people working at Blizzard, honestly.

I have seen all the available videos in the past. I extremely dislike the one developer who mocked the Alliance-players who apparently needed “assistance” from AI bots. Very offensive towards paying customers. He should be fired for this alone.

3 Likes

I think it depends on the customization in question. New haircolors shouldn’t really be tricky. A new face might not be super difficult? I think it’d be involved because it needs to fit the skeleton and mesh properly for facial expressions or talking animations or the likes. Jewelry is adding a new asset to the model/skeleton, so that needs more than a skin of jewelry, I should think.

I’ll admit now I know nothing about what goes on with creating new customization, but some of these additions really do seem more involved.

I also don’t know how they compare to the resources needed for environments.

My point here is that I don’t think customizations are as easy to add as we’d like to believe. If you mess up part of a new zone, you can cover it with a rock or something, after all. If you mess up character customization, there isn’t any covering that, it needs to be fixed and made perfect.

1 Like

You can’t do the main Alliance questing arcs without being exposed to High Elves, that’s how intertwined they are within the Alliance.

9 Likes

I have a few months lol… the funny thing is I have already decided to take a break from the game before this joyous news came and despite it too.

I’m just glad I was able to see this campaign of getting Alliance High Elf customization to its end with all the wonderful contributors to its cause. :relieved:

9 Likes

Due these topics I started to keep an eye on the NPCs as well because I am farming the Quel’dorei Steed from the Wrath of the Lich King expansion. Most of the NPCs are High Elves and even use this horse. It is totally normal for the Alliance-players to ask for these designs.

6 Likes

Three years of this. We started duking this out when BFA launched.

6 Likes

Same! You guys always made this place so much better and i want to thank you all for it! <3

Isn’t that crazy and i remember ALL of your characters and names :sob: :sob:

7 Likes