Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

Thalassic elves are very mutable depending on the magic they are exposed to, with a hole to the Shadowlands torn open death magic is flooding everywhere, let alone actually going and exploring there. Suffused with death magic your elf now looks death like.

1 Like

The red eyes also look incredible in shadow form. I keep bouncing around using the skin and not - the hue of the skin really puts me off. I’d be so happy if we could use the eye color and skin in any combination.

2 Likes

Yeah, absolutely no reason this can’t be your story honestly. Hell maybe your elf just died in the Shadowlands and the magic of death infused you while you were heading back to your body.

Really annoying that they paired that skin with the eyes rather than just make them separate things. So many good options that you could make if they were separate.

4 Likes

I hate you for showing this to me. I now want those customizations so badly it hurts.

3 Likes

I think there is more to magic cosmic sources just being “power sources” with each having it’s own domain, their own “specialty” and their own weaknesses.

Sure they can do what the other can, but the difference is how much power you need to perform it vs with the proper magic source, and if it’s even it’s will to do so.

In rare cases the magic source can be forced to go against it’s own will like with calia’s case. But naturally the light won’t raise into people into undeath.

1 Like

Ugh, it does suck. And those eyes, I wish DK’s could have access to the red eyes as well.

2 Likes

Any chance you could post this with the raw number of customisation options instead of unique combinations?

Unique combinations are just an abstraction that tells us who has the most categories, not who has the most options.

Also, if I’m reading this correctly while orc males still have the most unique combinations (not including scalies, obviously), orcs as a whole are no longer the race with the most. Big if true.

You would be correct other then scalies, Night Elves now hold the #1 position for most customization combinations as a whole race. The original customization chart was created before races were given the DK and DH hair colors. They also didn’t count the vine toggle when originally calculating for Night Elves. Add to that the recently acquired DR options and Nelfs are now #1. Other then scalies

2 Likes

Thank Christ. Hopefully now I won’t get dismissed as a partisan orc poster every time I say that unique combinations was a stupid abstraction that didn’t mean anything and was only brought up time and time again so that Alliance partisans had a metric they could point at to say that the Horde had way more options than the Alliance despite orcs being like fourth as far as total number of options behind nelfs, humans and dwarves.

It’s a stupid, arbitrary metric and I will 100% die (mad) on that hill.

Are you serious?

So it wasn’t just a stupid made up metric it was intentionally deceptive?

3 Likes

Oh no, I don’t meant to say thats not the case. Just that people forget they’re still "power sources’ like any other, though they are all different in how they react.

But the “intelligance” of these powers is more the beings associated with it rather than the power itself.

I think its less power you need and knowledge you need.

The Light and Arcane are well understood and thus widely used, mostly because there are few pitfalls to using those powers. Still are some but many less than other powers.

Void energies have always been better understood from a less ordered mindset, and intrinsically have more pitfalls that one can fall down and cause harm to themselves or others through. Its not the those powers are really any different than the Light or Arcane its just that understanding them in this case is a lot harder for a mortal race to do comparatively.

Before Void Elves we didn’t have much in the way of examples of ‘void creatures’ that were on our side. They’ve always been trying to generally kill us.

Before Xe’ra we had only the Scarlets really pushing an evil Light narrative and one can wave that away some with the Dreadlord controlling them. But then Xe’ra proved to be not necessarily “good”.

The powers can be used to do evil or good, its the knowledge and understanding of those powers to avoid their pitfalls that matters.

According to Margrave Sindain, its not going against its own will. She was raised through “necromancy” using the Light as the base.

Could probably quibble a little on how Sindane said it to even claim that she may not have been infused with any Death magic… But I think she was brought back with Death magic but the catalyst magic was the Light to power the process.

Blizzard made so many more questions when they had Sindane say those words… be interesting to see where they take that concept.

DKs need red, blue(which they have), green, purple, and black eyes imo…

The red eyes we did get would go well on them and I think that velf and belf DKs should have gotten them, but DKs in general need their own eyes with the death knight wispy thingie. (Though ideally blizz would do both as I know some DKs hate the wisps.)

It always was the way it was being used. A poor show of what people actually wanted… What Izzabelle made though shows the stark contrast between Dracthyr and everyone else which I think works well.

Even if it too is a bit misleading.

3 Likes

Yeah, Izzabelle is pretty gang gang. This version wasn’t made specifically to spread a particular partisan narrative and I could never think poorly of Izzabelle.

The original one was the dishonest one.

Even if I still think it’s a stupid made up metric that only gained prominence for the sake of forum pvp.

3 Likes

I should clarify I do not think Izzabelle is being misleading, just the conclusions that folk often try to derive from the tallys of customization options compared to each race that are often misleading.

When a mustache and beard separation can make a massive difference in player options on these lists it lessens their use for telling who got the better deals. lol

3 Likes

One thing that always annoyed me about that tally was that orcs only topped it because of the stance toggle which tbh shouldn’t have been a thing to start with. I was one of the thousands of people who signed that damn petition to get Blizzard to re-do the orc stance when they re-did the model.

The slouch sucks and looks terrible and they could literally take it out tomorrow and like 5 dudes would care.

Oh and it goes against orc lore, canonically only peons slouch like that and a PC might be descended from peons, but peons will never be playable.

5 Likes

It was used against it’s will. The will of it was to fully ressurect her to life, not to return her as an undead.

I also forgot to mention that different magics tend to have different curruption effects.

The proccess had no death magic used as far as i can tell.

Eh, not really, it was already explained that calia’s willed the light to make her undead against the lights will itself. She choose to be undead. It’s one of the reasons forsaken players hates her.

Speaking as the number 1 necromancer as the next class supporter (yes I am fight me irl not online you won’t, no heart) lore-wise any magic can be used to produce necromancy. We’ve seen examples of every combination of magic and necromancy in game. It does not have to involve Death magic.

Life-based necromancy has even appeared in-game (right? how cool is that?).

Bonus points if you can remember where.

6 Likes

Your refering to those orc zombies in WoD right?

That was pretty cool. I wish they expanded on that more with a hive mind kind of deal.

4 Likes

Yeah boi.

The Laughing Skull Clan mention the fact that they have to burn their dead, because otherwise they come back as Infested.

If beings of pure Life energies (who, as far as I know shouldn’t even physically be able to tap into Death energies if they tried) can use necromancy, so can the Light. Life is Death’s opposite, not the Light.

2 Likes

It’s not that far fetched.

We have that in real life, on several species. A popular one is a patasite the kills ant brains and takes control of them.

I forgot the name of it. But basically the orc zombies is a play on that.

This is the Number of customization categories available and the amount of customization options available for the Horde Races.

This is the Number of customization categories available and the amount of customization options available for the Alliance Races.

Note: The total combined are both without and with the Human Customizations for Worgen.

3 Likes

So orcs are second on combinations and fifth on number of options if I’m read that right?

2 Likes