Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

You are correct unless you count the Human customizations available to Worgen players. Then Orcs drop to 3rd place and 6th place.

3 Likes

where? link?

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, but man someone in Blizzard’s art department hates female worgen.

I do count them tbh. They’re options you can pick from to customise your character. Even if they aren’t used in combat I feel like customising your appearance is largely an out of combat concern anyway.

I have no patience for the whole “they’re not unique options!!!” thing either, if you start pulling on that thread you need to take off half of the orc options which are shared with Mag’har as well as the fact that you could show me all the shades of green available to orcs and I think I could pick out maybe 3 or 4 that are distinct.

1 Like

We don’t know where these models will be, but they look positively lovely!

Having a hard time finding the other article at this moment, but there are a lot of assets updated that suspiciously do not appear on the Dragon isles :eyes: Orc ramparts and huts, for instance.

3 Likes

Do we know this for sure? We’re sending a whole expedition so I could see us building stuff on the islands and orcs are without question the mortal race with the most shared history with the black dragonflight.

1 Like

There is a real possibly that we may see a phasing situation where we eventually settle more on the islands. A part of the later story in patch content? From what I’ve been told from people exploring the alpha there are no orc villages or use of the bulk of blood elf assets that were datamined.

2 Likes

It would be weird if the Dragonmaw didn’t appear at all in the dragon xpac imo (gib Dragonmaw options pls Blizz).

Especially given that the most recent Aspect of Earth is Thrall, not Wrathion. I feel like he’s going to finally get his powers back as part of this xpac, since all of the other Aspects are too.

I’d really like to see more interaction between blood elves and orcs this xpac too. We don’t see much between them, but as far as Horde races go they’re the two most disciplined, orderly and martial and they seem to me like they should have a lot in common.

5 Likes

I seem to recall there being a mention of a Dragonmaw quest.

After a quick look, there is!

It sadly appears to be short. So I doubt that is where the assets come from.

3 Likes

tbh I feel like it deserves more than a side quest, but I’ll take what I can get at this point as far as orc storylines that aren’t about what massive pricks orcs are (even if it kind is about that).

3 Likes

I would love this as well. But let’s face it, if they were to pass each other and nod. The forums would explode with. Blood Elves and Orcs get all the attention.

I also count the Human options for Worgen

Now for the actual thread I would like to see void scarring on Void Elves. I like the idea of void fissures on their skin with tentacles and/or void corruption leaking from them. Void themed tattoos. Tentacle options for all current and future hairstyles. The ability to customize the color of the tentacles. Kept within the void color scheme though, blues, purples, magentas, etc.

2 Likes

I’d like to see glowing purple hair. Like full on void hair.

Also:
body horror

3 Likes

Makes me wish we could see more Updated World Assets. Like Thalassian Elven stuff and etc.

I think we’re more likely to get something close to that Starcursed hair effect, using a similar concept to the Dracthyr’s two toned hair but that would be immensely cool.

As much as I would like a little of this, I think its unlikely on the whole.

Voidberg will probably only ever be a dream.

Though I do think the possibility of an extra third eye or some spikes like we see here…

By Silverleaf

Is at least in the realm of possibility from what Blizzard has been showing us customization wise for races.

I really want them to put in some void elf versions of thalassian buildings in the rift. Its a real pain that our home is literally 8 whole tents. More like awnings than anything.

2 Likes

Exciting news!

Blizzard has finally added a Void Elf with some of the new options that is clearly a Void Elf rather than a high elf.

(Screenshot was from Twitter user @lexstrasza)

I’m rather happy about this as it suggests that the newer options are still valid void elves, and while I’d still like Blizzard to give us some actual void based options when they come back to us, its nice to be able to say that all our options are canon.

Now we just need to get Blizzard to show us how new void elves are made and hopefully have that process produce Umbrician, Allerian and a mix of the two concepts.

15 Likes

opens mouth

looks at NPC’s name

closes mouth

1 Like

She’s actually Blonde through. Does that mean Alliance also has Blonde Blueberries too?

3 Likes

WHAT A NAME, but I already adore her.

3 Likes

Oh, that’s easy. But if I explain it, I’d probably get suspended.

2 Likes

Looks like a npc random customizer to me. Lazy blizz is lazy.