Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

Those look great!

2 Likes

Definitely. Needs to be all void themed. San’layn need to have the typical vampire theme going. Leave cosmic stuff for void elves…although I could also see light, void, and vampire all becoming overaching customization options that could apply to all races, but I figure that’s kinda unlikely.

I still need to watch it at some point…

Oooh, those are cool.

Oh, I just got this sword in Zereth Mortis (one-hand) that I feel would be great for Void elf mogs…Anima-siphoning sword. It’s all purpley and undulating and stuff. Looked like there’s other color variations too

3 Likes

I’ll have a bit in the main post soon explaining my thoughts on this.

But yeah more or less.

Void Elves need time to develop and trying to tie on things that exist among other elves or trying to add those elves to us would only hinder that process. The storys involving void elves can of course involve those other groups but trying to make them join together would only leave void elves with less time to shine and grow into their niche.

If that makes any sense… I’m tired right now. lol

You absolutely should. Its amazing. I’ve watched the entire thing three times and I only saw it for the first time in November.

Fiercelord is an amazing artist. Those shoulderpads are really nice. I’m not the biggest fan of the spikes on our current heritage as it happens.

Like clearly I’m not super against them since I use them on Fenelon, but they’re not my favorite thing in the world (of warcraft).

Oh? I’ll have to take a look…

Oh. Oh my. Its one of the “lightsaber” variants. That would work really well for my Riftblade Jesri.

2 Likes

Eww no, no reason to have SAn’layn merge with Void elves. Keep the themes separate.

Both wow and SWTOR…I’ve kinda thought it’d be nice if they had something modders had added to skyrim for some of the armor sets, think they’re called zaps, but basically you can go in and tick some little option and it’ll disable parts of the model, so it’s another level of customization on the armor, so if there’s parts you don’t like, you can disable. I know when SWTOR came out and it had it’s tier sets, they often had all these extra bits that were just too much and the armor would have looked better with those disabled…having that as an option would be cool.

Yeah, I got it as a drop and thought it was very voidy looking.

2 Likes

Yes, this. Even if they remove the factions, merging them still wouldn’t make sense.

A void elf female /silly is literally “No, we do not drink blood–that’s the San’layn. Totally different emo elf.” (Bold added for emphasis)

7 Likes

Bringing this thread back because I love all these ideas for next expansion(s). Also, thank you to the nice devs who recently gave us extra hair colors to choose from. I’d love to see more Void Elf themes and customizations. :butterfly: :rosette: :fleur_de_lis:

P.s. The pictures and ideas in this thread are lit! ^.^

:diya_lamp:

1 Like

Bringing it back? The last post was 18 hours ago. lol

Thanks though!

1 Like

It wasn’t high up with all the other threads so I thought I’d give it a bump.

I saw the pet battle reward for one of the in-game achievements is a Void Elf style silhouette form and I loved it!

Would love for it to be a more permanent thing. As it stands, we can currently get Silhouette form in-game but it’s a toy and it only lasts for 15 seconds and has a long-ish cooldown. :grapes: :ant: :spider: :spider_web: :bat:

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/901257-shadowy-disguise-what-it-looks-like-while-wearing-a-piece-of-corrupted-8-3-gear.jpg

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/918650-shadowy-disguise-the-very-mad-dk.jpg

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/900215-shadowy-disguise.jpg

Interesting. Nice toy for sure.

3 Likes

I appreciate the bump.

I didn’t have time when I last responded so I was very brief and then… Well… I forgot to come back.

So… Uh. Hello again. Lol

Not sure I’d say it’s specifically void elf but it’s very neat. I can see a few folk who could use that.

Could have fun trying to look like an early Illidan on a DH with it too.

Would be really nice for a void elf though!

I often feel like toys really need to have their cool downs and timers made more enjoyable… Shorter cooldowns and longer durations that don’t break with combat.

Having an option for this.

As an Entropic Embrace coloration would be sweet.

:octopus: :purple_heart:

5 Likes

I resubbed because my best friend loves this game, so I guess I’m back to velf posting hehe :elf:

Pet battles? This makes me sad, I don’t do those :pensive:

I want the toy that puts an octopus on your head but I can’t remember the name. I can’t find it online either. Anyone know what I’m talking about? I hope it’s not something I dreamt lmao.

3 Likes

Unpopular opinion

But I like the idea of void elf paladins

Ya know like those dark paladins

5 Likes

I love pet battles! I forgot about them while I did other things in WoW but I love collecting a lot of the secret toys, pets and items in WoW.

You mean this one? ^.^ :octopus: :crab: :lobster: :shrimp: :squid: :fried_shrimp: :sushi: :anchor:

There’s also these transmogs:

And this cool tentacle toy (that I still haven’t gotten but would like to get):

… and this item:

You’re definitely not alone there. There’s a lot of Void Elf Paladin love going around. ^.^

5 Likes

Not unpopular at all!

4 Likes

Void Elf Paladins would look so amazing :purple_heart:

I’d love these skins for them too.

Class skins for everyone in general with such a unique class fantasy would be most welcome :hugs:

10 Likes

Yes please! My dream come true.

2 Likes

These all look great! But the toy, maybe pet (?) I’m thinking of uses the cute BfA octopus model. It sits on top of your head like a hat. Now I’m wondering if I really did just dream this up lol :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Oh! Hehe! Fair enough. ^.^

I’m wondering if you’re referring to any of these:

This one is called an Octopode Fry and you can get it in different colors:

Then there’s Inky, also an octopus pet:

And this one’s called K’uddly (also an octopus / squid type pet):

Home Made Party Mask (that’s the toy’s name) It turns you into a lavender spectral form with a random pet over your head each time you use it - you get it from Thalyssra in Shal’Aran Suramar when you do the Withered Army Training and get some rep with her :

Oh and there’s Syd the Squid:

https://imgur.com/ZAgypqx

https://mobile.twitter.com/SantaCalaca/status/1296408913068339201/photo/1

:blue_heart: :blossom: :herb:

2 Likes

Welcome back!

Paladin is a fairly common request.

Not sure if counts as unpopular.

Been thinking on alternatives since paladin can be difficult to figure lore wise for some and isn’t in our kit currently.

Somand I think it was suggested a class skin for our death knights giving them a void skin. Summoning void Minions or skeletons. (think the skeletons summoned by Shadowmoon Orcs) which sounds cool.

I could also see it on a warrior, since technically our Riftblades are warriors. All they need is void effects to their abilities.

I don’t know the toy but if it helps, I too remember folk talking about an octopus as a hat.

5 Likes

I feel like the only issue there is DK interacts with the undead status quite a bit.

Control undead is a super important part of the DK kit, lichborne got brought back, army of the dead, I dunno, something else with dead in the name probably.

Plus frost is… well, frost themed.

2 Likes