Void Elf Changes in 9.1.5

See stuff like this I can get behind, it’s pretty easy to get my support on stuff whether I want it or not. :yum: :yum: :yum:

3 Likes

Exactly. My blueberry void elf will remain that way. I do want black hair, and I think white hair would be fine for a more void-themed toon as well. I’m fine with making tentacles optional, just like how I can have a DH without any horns. Other than that I’d rather have more void-based customizations than anything that moves away from that.

3 Likes

All hostilities aside, I too support void skin and pink hair.

6 Likes

Well thank you for that despite the fact earlier we weren’t exactly friendly about stuff.

3 Likes

This should for sure be a Void Elf thing, like from the start and since people want a shade of brown and they already gave red, orange and blondes they should just give the brown as well with the black and white.

12 Likes

Indeed. I’m sure we may disagree further down the line, but maybe we can all just… I hope, move past things. Or at least disagree in a more civil tone.

9 Likes

nah i didnt ask for 3 shades of blonde and 2 of red i asked for jet black and one red and whats wrong with having access to some hairdos you share pigtails with goblins and gnomes pls save it

3 Likes

Originally the ‘can raise humans only’ limitation was circa early Cata because Sylvie’s Valkyr were said to only be able (without the Lich King’s power to tap into which had enabled to raise anyone into undeath) to raise humans due to their status as direct descendants of the Vrykul (the Scourge Valkyr being undead Vrykul women). Worgen were exempt because the Worgen curse interfered in the process (though due to player outcry we still got Worgen DKs so the player worgen DK became a weird special case).

Then it was suggested as her powers with necromancy grew Sylvanas was able to have blood elves raised (which led to her making the suggestion to Lor’themar during siege of Orgrimmar that if he got killed she could raise him and him outright forbidding her to raise any blood elves killed during that conflict).

Since then? Apparently since the Jailer has been powering her up raising night elves became possible as well.

There’s high support for black hair color for Void Elves so hopefully Blizzard will revisit it and give it to them, in the case of the red you might be stuck with our horrible one and that sucks because I personally prefer the Kul Tiran red one but black should come eventually hopefully.

7 Likes

The irony is all the people were screaming for blonde and red and ALL I wanted for my void elf was black hair so she could be her best goth/emo/dark elf self ;…;

9 Likes

I wanted the Kul Tiran ones, dark black like npcs have, white and pink but we got a lot of blonde so just need to keep up the requests and hope Blizzard gives us all what we want.

6 Likes

I don’t remember people asking for a red color option… black/white were very requested next to blonde.

Red = Blood Elf = Has nothing to do with Void Elves

I think they just were afraid of “not giving ppl the exact tone of blond” they wanted so they just threw in all blonds. But I think they underestimated how many of us wanted brown/black/white.

I don’t understand why limit these natural colors to 5, 3 of which are blond and 2 reds? The reds were quite literally unnecessary.

And as you say, Kul Tiran hair colors would’ve been a great way of not copying assets from Blood Elves.

I’m grateful nonetheless though, wouldn’t like for Blizz to misunderstand what I’m trying to say! Just those three colors and personally I’m done with regular customizations for Void Elves.

5 Likes

Void Elves are supposedly void corrupted Blood Elves so it fits kind of, I mean I never personally like the Blood Elf red hair color but it’s a Blood Elf hair color regardless so. Lol.

1 Like

I don’t personally care for brown but I have seen that a lot of people do so I am going to support that and black and white I always supported so I don’t mind throwing my support with all three since they already gave the red, orange and blondes it’s like just go all in then Blizzard.

3 Likes

Sounds plausible. But they could have simply added all suitable hair colors at once and nothing would have been lost.

But why red and orange of all possible colors available? Even the suggested pink makes more sense at this point.

3 Likes

I saw more than a few want red and brown (mainly for the high elf fantasy), but blonde was the biggest request on that front. To be fair a lot of us WERE strongly wanting white and black and most of us assumed if anything those two would be givens because of void elf NPCs already having black hair and white and black would fit both void and high elf themes.

The surprise we thought was going to be what other three colors they’d give. The general hope/assumption seemed to be that it would white, brown, some shade of blonde, some shade of red, and black. Personally due to the KT textures being shared I was expecting them to just port KT hair colors over, which would’ve been fine in my opinion…since there’s a pale ash blonde and black there.

But…two shades of pale blonde (the first two are hard frankly for me to tell apart), honey blonde, ginger and deep red.

7 Likes

I really wanted this after Nico showed the Kul Tiran hair on Void Elves, I was really sad when that’s not the way they went because there’s no black, white or pink and yeah pink it’s natural hair color but I want it for Void Elves and every other race regardless.

2 Likes

Thanks! That does speak well of you! :slight_smile: :hugs:

Ikr? That begs the question - why 5 colors only? Why not 7? Not sure I understand that number.

Indeed, 100%

4 Likes

The first one is supposed to be white. I checked and that was the white Blood Elves had before they were given DK hair colors.

Yeah, I know… :grimacing:

5 Likes