Void Elf Changes in 9.1.5

Awesome that we’re getting the ability to change ear sizes; just like blood elves have.

We’re getting some normal hair colours, too.

This is a fantastic start.

I’d love to have access to some of the blood elf hair styles, too. And why can’t we just have normal black hair?

29 Likes

I’m afraid its just not allowed. I’m very sorry.

3 Likes

Yep. Here we go again. “Blizzard, give us more blood elf options and screw the identity of the blood elves entirely.”

It’s never enough, is it? Time to mute another one.

Edit: Considering people seem to think I meant mute the OP, I meant “mute the thread” which is why I used the term “mute” as opposed to “ignore”. If I intended on ignoring the OP, I would have called it ignoring.

57 Likes

Why do Blood Elf players get their panties in such a bunch over Void Elves getting Blood Elf customization options? Does it take away from your gaming experience at all or do you just enjoy complaining? Some of us just want to play high elves or blood elves on the Alliance and the very least Blizz could do is give us some decent hairstyles and hair colours since they gave us an asspull race instead of High Elves. We got Blood Elves of all skin colours which have never existed in the lore, why can’t Alliance players at least get the customization options of a well-established Alliance race that’s been in the lore since day one and still exists to this day?

38 Likes

Wow… that’s dramatic.

Let’s look at some nuance and logic here.

Story-wise, the initial batch of void elves haven’t been void elves for too long—they’re barely not blood elves. Also, the implied new—second—batch of void elves are a mix of high elves and blood elves. All that considered… why not? From a narrative perspective, there is nothing stopping void elves from having the option to style their hair how they have for… probably literal ages.

Beyond story, void elves as a race are—like it or not—two in one; people either style them as high elves or void elves. The precedent for high elves sharing blood elf hairstyles in game is… about 100%. So again, why not?

The counter argument you’ve put forward is basically “those greedy void elf players! Give ‘em an inch and they’ll take a mile! Slippery slope. Next they’ll want a Silvermoon; etc… time to ignore because I don’t like an opinion”.

I think we can all have a better discussion than that.

22 Likes

They should give full human options to the horde. Also undead night elf and moonguard night elves. Also lepergnomes. For undead we will also get fresh humans like nathanos. We will call it even.

18 Likes

Is actually a legitimate request, imo.

6 Likes

They are all legitimate, they all make lore sense. Lepergnomes serve the forsaken for example.

3 Likes

Another point is that both Exodar draenei and Stormwindian humans have some blood elf hair styles to chose from. The obvious point here being is that if they—the more obscure choices—can have them, why no void elves?

Side point, I’d love more races to choose from. More options are fantastic. Playing a dark ranger would be really cool.

4 Likes

Non tentacly, black hair is really the only thing I care about at this point. Not the “kind of gray/blue/green tint” that all races had before the newest updates. Besides, we already had that in a teaser and NPCs in Stormwind and in the rift have it.

From what other single fan entities have shown, adding all styles to all races is very much possible. We could have all types of beards and combinations too.

8 Likes

I am adamantly against this. You must keep some shred of Void Elf within Void Elves.

I am quite disgusted by these requests.

If you wish to play a full Blood Elf, then please switch factions.

36 Likes

Because it is ridiculous to have an entirely separate race look exactly like another.

It is not. These requests have destroyed Void Elf lore entirely and completely made the Allied Race meaningless.

I find the whole matter disgusting that such bullies as the High Elf fans have gotten such selfish attention and still ask for more like spoiled children.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

34 Likes

No, fresh humans are not, lol.

Nathanos was literally a special case. Sylvanas had his family member murdered so the corpse would be fresh, and did a special ritual that isn’t easily replicatable.

2 Likes

Mine will no longer an elf she will be a Vulcan :vulcan_salute: yay for small ears!

oh, right. i forgot about that :woozy_face:

Calm down, friend. There’s no reason to get this worked up over something that identifies with players. My goodness.

7 Likes

Pretty much sums it up. I’m mostly fine with VEs getting normal-ish hairstyles, but they need to go in their own distinct direction. Make the void-tips and tendrils cooler, or otherwise play up the gothic side of it at the very least. They should never get one-to-one copies of, say, Foxtail or Falcon when there’s a lot of interesting possibilities they could go for instead.

10 Likes

Not sure who’s being a bully here except yourself by calling people spoiled children. We’ll eventually have more customization across the game.

17 Likes

That is being honest. The rest of you have always bullied those against your High Elf options and now you have been given things and still ask for more.

I will not hold my tongue against all of you who must act in such a manner. It has destroyed Void Elves. And you do not care about anyone except yourselves.

24 Likes

This goes to show it was never about wanting more customization. It was about wanting more horde assets. It would have been more believable if you were actually asking for unique hairstyles.

Helfers in a nutshell. :roll_eyes:

25 Likes